Sign in to follow this  
Archie

A47 article

in it says that norwich will get 30,000 new homes within the next 20 years
now i dont have a clue how many people of what age this will mean,but surely at least 2 or 3 thousand of these new households will support norwich. call a household 4 people and thats about 10 000 people. i think if we stay up the pressue for seats at carrow road will get bigger

I pray we stay up not just for the premiership football, but also so norwich gets even better as a place to live - this article was about Norfolk County Council trying to get NCFC to support them on their bid to fully dual the A47 between Peterborough and Yarmouth. Anyone who drives in and out of Norfolk on this road will know how bad it is (as the main access to norwich from the midlands/north)

Anyone else think this is a good thing to campaign for?

Whilst I can see all the reasons for dualling the A47 for its entire length, the problem with the Acle to Yarmouth stretch at the moment is the prohibitive cost, I believe. Because of the marshes the road crosses it will cost a fortune to drain the land before the extra lanes can be added, so that bit may be ages before it''s built. There are, of course, many people who don''t want to see dualling at all as they say that part of the charm of the area is because of its comparative remoteness and the fact that not everyone wants to come and live here as a consequence. Anyone who drives the A47, however, cannot be against its improvement. I feel, however, that this must be done as sensitively as possible as huge amounts of our green space are already being eaten up by other developments and I wouldn''t want the rural nature of this lovely place to be spoiled. Anyone else agree/disagree?

I believe there is also another issue.

Football clubs can only sign players to the academy that are within 1.5 hours of the club. With the club being so remote and in accessable the pool of potential young talent that they can pick from is much smaller than the likes of Manchester United as you can not get very far from norwich in 1.5hours. So would this improve our chances???

But then again at rush hour due to the brilliance of the north circular you can only cover around 20 miles from White heart lane!!!

It would definitely help the journey time if it was dualled. I think also that it would increase tourism when people realise norfolk is no longer a nightmare to get to from other parts. Obviously there will be some people who won''t want it dualled for this very reason!

Nothing to do with me! (What''s in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.)

However, I do unashamedly belong to the ''neo-Luddite'' party referred to by Texas1. Here''s a shout out for tranquillity!