Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Leicester game and BIG transfer news....

Just back from leicester game and we were fantastic today, couldnt pick a bad player on the pitch. Best football from us that i have seen in a long time. Very unlucky not to win, hit bar post, 2 cleared off the line, 2 stonewall penalties denied, their keeper should have been sent off twice and an ONSIDE goal disallowed.

Atmosphere was great in parts and dead in others, leicester fans were fairly friendly and gave good banter during the game (credit to them, when dion clapped round at the end, as he went past their fans they chanted "dion is a leicester fan...")...met some on the way down to my girlfriends on the train - really nice guys.

To the bit you have all been waiting for, TRANSFER NEWS.....

As many of you know, i don''t normally post rumours, but my dad is staying in the same hotel as Pattison, Lee clarke and Paul Stephenson...He just had a chat with LC and PS and the news is GOOD!!!

On monday we will sign Taylor, we are prepared now to up our bid for him - no figure was disclosed but i think maybe a compromise of £850k. He is 100% DEFINITELY  coming to us and is not interested in going anywhere else.

We also have a striker, they wouldnt say who, DEFINITELY signing next week, its not clear whether it will be a loan or a permanent, as they wouldnt let too much slip, but there is one coming!! Ameobi started for Newc today so i dont think it will be him, but aside from that i havent a clue!

We are also in a 3way battle with inter milan and a greek side, to sign a spaniard from valencia on loan....he will not be coming permanently but Roeder is on the phone tonight trying to get in ahead of milan and greek side....This guy is supposed to be a Spanish wonderkid, i havent had time to research who it may be as have just walked in the door, but he is at valencia and is tipped to be a real star in the future, i get the impression from my dad that he is young, maybe 16-18, but again i am guessing.

This is not a wind-up, if i am wrong then so be it, but that is what my dad has been told by Clarke and Stephenson.... hopefully it will come to fruition,...

We are not going down if we play like we did today, hopefully the striker will be decent and we''ll get this "wonderkid" but thats my update.

OTBC

Oops, my mistake - Inter Milan don''t play tomorrow, i just assumed, but LC definitely said that GR thinks he has a head start on the spanish wonderkid race by starting tonight.

i hope this is true, cant see us beating inter to a player though, unless he wants first team, dosnt seem much piont going to inter, if he dosnt even play first team for valencia,i have always thought we will get taylor, and a striker has to be bought, but even if you were guessing (not saying you are) it will probley be right

So he might have a choice between us and Inter Milan!!!

Hmmm, tough one that!

Mind you, stranger things have happened.

Would be great if we can get Taylor. Doc has upped his game no end in the last few weeks and the competition between Taylor, Doc and Shack for those 3 places will be good for the team. A striker, yes, maybe not a "big man" (Glenn doesn''t like the proverbial big targetman) but certainly someone who knows where the goal is and will stick away the chances that we now seem to be making-and Earnie  right now would be loving it!

Incidentally, Bertrand is going to be one helluva player isn''t he?

[quote user="kick it off"]We are also in a 3way battle with inter milan and a greek side, to sign a spaniard from valencia on loan....he will not be coming permanently but Roeder is on the phone tonight trying to get in ahead of milan and greek side....This guy is supposed to be a Spanish wonderkid, i havent had time to research who it may be as have just walked in the door, but he is at valencia and is tipped to be a real star in the future, i get the impression from my dad that he is young, maybe 16-18, but again i am guessing.

This is not a wind-up, if i am wrong then so be it, but that is what my dad has been told by Clarke and Stephenson.... hopefully it will come to fruition,...

We are not going down if we play like we did today, hopefully the striker will be decent and we''ll get this "wonderkid" but thats my update.

OTBC

[/quote]Aaron Niguez, Valencia striker, 18 years old, supposed to be a great prospect......has recently signed for "some Greek club" (Iraklis) on loan in this window.[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Niguez[/url]

Bunny - well done, i think and hope you are right. Latest news is that Mr Roeder has entered the building and just bought my family a drink, will update if my dad reports anymore back to me....why did i choose to come to my girlfriends?! if only i had known!!

how could we ever afford that Banega chap?

He''s only just signed for Valencia and he''s on 40k a week.

Utter rubbish.

On the other hand I hear that Glenn Roeder is eyeing up a move for Adrian Coote.

[quote user="kick it off"]Bunny - well done, i think and hope you are right. Latest news is that Mr Roeder has entered the building and just bought my family a drink, will update if my dad reports anymore back to me....why did i choose to come to my girlfriends?! if only i had known!![/quote]

Let''s hope your girlfriend doesn''t see this.

She may not see it as a good cause, eh? Especially on Saturday night.[:)]

One love.

OTBC

kick it off,

So whats your Dad doing staying at Dunston Hall then, don''t you live locally?

You better not be feeding us rubbish!!

CA

Fantastic. I am finally starting to get my hopes up, with this and the Peter Cullum speculation, its almost too good to be true....

[quote user="kick it off"]Bunny - well done, i think and hope you are right. Latest news is that Mr Roeder has entered the building and just bought my family a drink, will update if my dad reports anymore back to me....why did i choose to come to my girlfriends?! if only i had known!![/quote]

Who said romance was dead?

I trust you KIO, ur not a 10 post poster, who just posts tranfer gossip. I want to believe it, but im not 100% convinced that our management team are going to be discussing tranfer policy to random people in the hotel. But, you get my hopes up because of your credability.

Taylor would be good, and yesterday showed we desperately need a 20 goal a season striker, so id be delighted if it comes off.

As for Niguez, a pacy striker whos good in europe, well thats for my European Challenging Norwich side in 2011, on FM 2007!!! He cant get in my Premiership team, Igr Budan, nick Bendtner and Nicolas millan are in his way!

I want to believe you too but like Huddy I''m not sure that NCFC staff would discuss players coming in with a total stranger who chatted to them in Dunston Hall.

I hope you''re right though!

[quote user="pete"]

Whether this be true or not its certainly the news we all look forward to hearing, but be ashamed if you''re trying to fool us.  For my two pennorth I would like to see James Brown here on a permanent basis.Isnt he dead? Just think how slow we''d be with Dion up front and James ''im dead'' Brown.

[/quote]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

So he might have a choice between us and Inter Milan!!!

Hmmm, tough one that!

Mind you, stranger things have happened.

Would be great if we can get Taylor. Doc has upped his game no end in the last few weeks and the competition between Taylor, Doc and Shack for those 3 places will be good for the team. A striker, yes, maybe not a "big man" (Glenn doesn''t like the proverbial big targetman) but certainly someone who knows where the goal is and will stick away the chances that we now seem to be making-and Earnie  right now would be loving it!

Incidentally, Bertrand is going to be one helluva player isn''t he?

[/quote]

You''re right OS, a tough decision indeed. Inter Milan is a big club and, according to many on here, so are Norwich.

Hate posts like this, they really gets my hopes up as sounds very genuine but then we all know this stuff is easily made up! Hope it''s true, although I actually think a striker is needed more urgently than Taylor right now.

Canary Angel - no i dont live locally - i live near to Worcester - so a 400 mile round trip near enough.This is not a made up post, we''ll see if it comes off during the week.I did have some crossed wires - seen my dad today and apparently the striker is not a nailed on certainty but the board have released the funds for us to go for him, still no word on who he is though.... Also the bit about Roeder buying them a drink was my dad having a laugh at my expense and is not true. I am assured though that the rest of it is not a fairytale...I''m certainly excited about this week.With regards to Valencia player, don''t know who he is but GR was apparently on the phone last night trying to steal a march on Inter and the greek club.OTBC

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Can anyone else smell something?[/quote]taking a shower will help

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Can anyone else smell something?[/quote]

taking a shower will help
[/quote]

No, it didn''t.  However, when I shut down the browser window containing this thread, the smell evaporates.

James Maloney - it''s not cow or horse.

[quote user="kick it off"]Canary Angel - no i dont live locally - i live near to Worcester - so a 400 mile round trip near enough.

This is not a made up post, we''ll see if it comes off during the week.

I did have some crossed wires - seen my dad today and apparently the striker is not a nailed on certainty but the board have released the funds for us to go for him, still no word on who he is though.... Also the bit about Roeder buying them a drink was my dad having a laugh at my expense and is not true. I am assured though that the rest of it is not a fairytale...

I''m certainly excited about this week.

With regards to Valencia player, don''t know who he is but GR was apparently on the phone last night trying to steal a march on Inter and the greek club.

OTBC
[/quote]

I am also excited about this week, just hope its justified in the end!

I still hope that Tiny is coming to us, if he isn''t I''d have thought he would have been sold to someone else by now. Like many who have written in this thread I can''t see ''in a month of sundays'' that anyone from the club would talk to a stranger about plans for new players.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Can anyone else smell something?[/quote]

taking a shower will help
[/quote]

No, it didn''t.  However, when I shut down the browser window containing this thread, the smell evaporates.

James Maloney - it''s not cow or horse.

[/quote]

[:D] you''ve stumbled across new technology... browsers with aroma