Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

RIDICULOUS SEASON TICKET PRICING!

Now, I''m all in favour of doing something for the kids and as far as I''m concerned there should be deals for families but.....

What a ridiculous set of price increases, less than 50p a game for the Barclay and set far too low for unaccompanied adults.

I have set out some ideas before but basically if we want two things: a future supporter base and a decent team on the pitch we need to not only do what these new prices do but also charge much more where we can and in return improve facilities with overall gain.

So many of our supporters are thirty, forty and fifty (like this Board) or retired with good incomes and would pay more to see a better team and have improved facilities so the matchday experience was about much more than 90 minutes on the pitch. I do not, for example, want to queue for 10 minutes or more at half time to get a drink, I would pay for a better service.

Frankly, these increases reflect a lack of ambition for a Club regularly selling out a too small ground. Mumby once told me the special pricings such as kids for a quid mean peanuts in terms of income so why fill the ground with them?

We have a new manager in charge and a real sense of going forward at the Club then in comes the Board looking to tread water.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Frankly, these increases reflect a lack of ambition for a Club regularly selling out a too small ground. Mumby once told me the special pricings such as kids for a quid mean peanuts in terms of income so why fill the ground with them?

[/quote]

It''s called "brand loyalty" - or hook them when they''re young, and then keep them as adults paying far more for their ticket once they get hooked.

Drug dealers use similar strategies, so I''m told.

Plus the odds are Dad will take his son to the games - one full price ticket, one cheap - effectively a BOGOF deal.

the board can''t do anything right. if they charged moe then you''d just moan about not securing a future fan base.

bloody heck..... i cant belive it, your seriously complaining about the tickets being cheap!!!

im sure people like ruldoph, smudger et al just think of anything they can to get a rise out of people, what next complaining that the shirts are too yellow, or that the pitch is to good?

[quote user="Polar1990"]the board can''t do anything right. if they charged moe then you''d just moan about not securing a future fan base.[/quote]Exactlymoan moan moan

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Well, the ticket prices were discussed in November, when relegation was a serious possibility (and it''s a still a slight possibility now)
[/quote]

Slight?

Today we care only 5 points clear. 4 if you figure the Preston have a much better goal difference.

It''s still early days.

OTBC

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Polar1990"]the board can''t do anything right. if they charged moe then you''d just moan about not securing a future fan base.
[/quote]

Exactly

moan moan moan
[/quote]

He wouldn''t, others might.

Spin, spin, spin.

OTBC

my Grandad (who buys my ticket) is not too bothered, as I''m 16 in the summer i go up a rate, but since were in ''Former family area'' we have to pay family area prices save £100 :D

It is the responsibility of the Board to plan for the future, to look further than the short term, hence bringing in the kids obviously shows amibition.  

Got your brocures yet?

We have got a full ground with an almost total season ticket base so where are these new beneficiaries flocking to our Club to go? Oh! I know, where they were happy to be last season only for far, far less.

Not only do you pay less you can now pay less over a longer period of time.

How on earth does this equate to a Club with 25,000 per week who struggle to bring in quality signings?  Is someone else going to be footing that particular bill or will you all be pleased to be magnanimous whilst watching ordinary players in the Championship or League 1.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Got your brocures yet?

We have got a full ground with an almost total season ticket base so where are these new beneficiaries flocking to our Club to go? Oh! I know, where they were happy to be last season only for far, far less.

Not only do you pay less you can now pay less over a longer period of time.

How on earth does this equate to a Club with 25,000 per week who struggle to bring in quality signings?  Is someone else going to be footing that particular bill or will you all be pleased to be magnanimous whilst watching ordinary players in the Championship or League 1.

[/quote]

Feel free to give the club some extra money if you resent the low price of your season ticket that much Rudy old boy