Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Gary Doherty's future

Chris and Neil were talking no Canary call about Dublin, possibly Huckerby also leaving end of the season, and Doherty''s contract ending?

What''s peoples thoughts, give him a new contract or let him go? Lately he''s been the most consistent player for us, against Leicester he was stunning. But is good form now and then good enough?

Keep him or let him go at end of season?

[quote user="No1.Croft.Fan"]Lately he''s been the most consistent player for us, against Leicester he was stunning. But is good form now and then good enough?[/quote]

Being consistently good is hardly "now and then", is it?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="No1.Croft.Fan"]Lately he''s been the most consistent player for us, against Leicester he was stunning. But is good form now and then good enough?[/quote]

Being consistently good is hardly "now and then", is it?

[/quote]

a new contract, i think he has earned it this season. Doc and Tiny with shacks for cover would be a good bedrock to build from.

Doc''s been the best defender on the pitch the last few weeks, my only problem i have with him is his arms are all over his oponent some ref''s will look harsher on this than others. on the whole he deserves another contract. well done Doc.

I think Doc is back to his best under Roeder. He is a very good pro in terms of attitude and application too.

Doc is arguably our player of the season as it is goals against which have lifted us and not goals for.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I think Doc is back to his best under Roeder. He is a very good pro in terms of attitude and application too.

Doc is arguably our player of the season as it is goals against which have lifted us and not goals for.

[/quote]Spot on about being back to his best under Roeder.  Not so sure about player of the season though, still a way to go!

I might be wrong, but I thought he signed a new contract a year ago?

Based on his performances since Roeder has been here, I say keep him. He''s done quite well overall. Yes, he''s still made the odd mistake, but his performances have been nowhere near as bad or inconsistent since Roeder took over.

If we do definitely sign Taylor today, tomorrow, the day after that etc., then him and The Doc could make a very good partnership.

Keep up the good work Doc [Y]