Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Tiny Signs???

[quote user="ricardo"]

Heard this rumour at half time.

Don''t know if theres anything in it.

[/quote]Well, thanks for sharing!  I don''t think we''ve had nearly enough speculation about this.

No, I heard it too. It was from someone who works in the office at City, she came out and told a friend of mine. I get the feeling that if it is true, then the news came through during the match.

Shame about Ameobi though, looks like King Kev is going to give him a chance. Incidently Riordan also played today, if we really want to get depressed about past predent and future striker targets.

[quote user="city til i die"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Total rubbish!

[/quote]

You may well be correct but I heard this at half time.

And my friend, a 58 yr old mother of 2 just txted me.

Make from it what you wish.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

And my friend, a 58 yr old mother of 2 just txted me.

Make from it what you wish.

[/quote]

Er....You''re Barbara Windsor''s husband?

I had the text about Taylor from a friend, I then checked on here to see that Ricardo had posted the same news.

My friend would not lie, so either someone from the club did or he has agreed terms.

Just wait and see.

[quote user="James Maloney"]Great, but how will this stop us dominating games without scoring?

[/quote]

We stick the Doc up front, te he.

agreed.. Defensivley we havent been any worse off without Taylor.. do we really need him at the moment? Surely a striker is the main priority, we can worry about Taylor in the summer or get a long term Loan

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

agreed.. Defensivley we havent been any worse off without Taylor.. do we really need him at the moment? Surely a striker is the main priority, we can worry about Taylor in the summer or get a long term Loan

[/quote]

The huge difference is, unlike Doherty & Shackell, Taylor can play the ball out of defense and create something going forward whilst remaining competent at the back.

And who would you prefer going up for set-pieces out of the afforementioned? Taylor of course - since his departure there''s been more than a couple of match winning chances squandered by Doherty where Taylor would''ve surely found the net.

We''re also missing Chadwick - I seriously reckon we''d have bagged at least an additional 7 points with both those players on the field.

No, I heard it too. It was from someone who works in the office at City, she came out and told a friend of mine. I get the feeling that if it is true, then the news came through during the match.

Shame about Ameobi though, looks like King Kev is going to give him a chance. Incidently Riordan also played today, if we really want to get depressed about past predent and future striker targets.

[/quote]what about Eastwood?

[quote user="kick it off"]see my thread on leicester and big transfer news.... we have got our man!![/quote]

KIO this theme does seem to be developing a momentum, I hope your right, your other thread gives an apparant genuine source, though they may not be too pleased to be referred to by name if you are proved right. I will take a punt and go with you and look forward to Monday`s announcement, after all, what have I got to lose. Thanks.

[/quote]

I would think only having two central defenders is a slight problem...

jas :)[/quote]We`d look a bit brittle if Pele or Shacks got injured, suspensions etc.

Taylor did seem to pose an added threat from the set piece too.But I

agree a striker must be top of the list. 

I had the text about Taylor from a friend, I then checked on here to see that Ricardo had posted the same news.

My friend would not lie, so either someone from the club did or he has agreed terms.

Just wait and see.

[/quote]

Anyone starting to believe yet?

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1138697/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

Just wait and see.

[/quote]

Anyone starting to believe yet?

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1138697/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

My source has been correct in the past and told me today that terms have been agreed and an announcement will be made Monday.

All I can say is this is not a wind up.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

The huge difference is, unlike Doherty & Shackell, Taylor can play the ball out of defense and create something going forward whilst remaining competent at the back.

And who would you prefer going up for set-pieces out of the afforementioned? Taylor of course - since his departure there''s been more than a couple of match winning chances squandered by Doherty where Taylor would''ve surely found the net.

We''re also missing Chadwick - I seriously reckon we''d have bagged at least an additional 7 points with both those players on the field.

[/quote]

Wow. Now it''s Doc''s fault we can''t score. It beggars belief why some people have to moan about him all the while.  I expect if we win 6-0 next week it will be his fault we didn''t score 7.

There''s a bloke who sits near me. Barely opens his mouth most of the game. Doc plays well without making a mistake for around 60mins (unlike others). Doc gives the ball away with a bad long ball and up jumps the Doc-hater with a mouthful of abuse. Presumably it''s what he goes to football for.

Agree we were missing Chadwick, although on Croft''s present form I''m not sure where we''d fit him in now.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Ive heard this rumour every day for the past 3 weeks!!

[/quote]

Disagree.  The solid defense has been one of the main reasons our fortunes have improved.  1 injury in the middle and we are proper screwed.

That said we do also need a striker.  Clean sheets are a good foundation to build on though.

TINY SIGNS??  Well, I expect he does quite often.....................cheques, autographs etc. I''m sure he''ll sign one day............................................so if someone posts everyday that he''ll be signing I''m sure on of them will be correct!! I just hope its a contract to play for us!!

Tiny''s playing for Birmingham reserves tonight against Arsenal at St Andrews. It''s live on Arsenal TV (Sky ch. 423 if you''ve subscribed to Setanta) if you want to watch him... though it might be a bit too depressing!

I really wish we''d just sort this out asap cos it''s driving me mental now![:(]

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]

Not meaning to doubt anyones sightings of him etc etc, but I think this shows that a deal isnt going to go through until Brum strengthen at the back, i.e. Gary Cahill.

[/quote]

Cahill is on the bench for Villa tonight, lets hope that as Villa are beating Liverpool that O''Neill might let him go which might help us.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]

Not meaning to doubt anyones sightings of him etc etc, but I think this shows that a deal isnt going to go through until Brum strengthen at the back, i.e. Gary Cahill.

[/quote]

Cahill is on the bench for Villa tonight, lets hope that as Villa are beating Liverpool that O''Neill might let him go which might help us.

[/quote]

They are CA, bit I don''t think that will have any relevance to Tiny signing with us, Cahill has already been told by MON that he is not part of the plans, but Cahill wants to stay, I don''t think Brum will worry about Tiny''s replacement, they accepted an offfer from QPR in Decemeber.

One point I would like to make about Tiny, if it is true about his age demands, then there is no way we should sign him, 20k a week is hell of alot of money to be spending, you do the maths, over 3 years thats a lot of millions. I know that are aim is to get to the Prem, to that we have to spend, but we have to be cautious with paying players like that, that amount of money. Thoughts?