Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Worst debut ever ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/7200459.stmHope it isnt too serious.  

Worst debut?

KEITH BRIGGS

- came on as sub, first touch was a shot that went out for a throw.

ahh the memories...

It was even worse than that. A charlton player stamped on his chest/shoulder bone when he was on the floor.

[quote user="gissing canary"]Not sure for us, but all time worst must be Jonathan Woodgate for Real Madrid, so long out, then own goal and red card if I remember correctly![/quote]Gissing - nearly right, but as far as i can recall it was TWO own goals and a red card!!

[quote user="jim blair"]Got to be john oneil  for us at QPR., dont think he ever played football again[/quote]

I think suffering a career-ending injury after 34 minutes is a bit harsh to say "worst debut ever" - most unlucky debut ever, maybe.

Worst was Etuhu''s.  All he did was jog in a circle for 60 minutes and then break his Preston colleague''s leg.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="jim blair"]Got to be john oneil  for us at QPR., dont think he ever played football again[/quote]

I think suffering a career-ending injury after 34 minutes is a bit harsh to say "worst debut ever" - most unlucky debut ever, maybe.

Worst was Etuhu''s.  All he did was jog in a circle for 60 minutes and then break his Preston colleague''s leg.

[/quote]

That wasn''t Etuhu''s debut! I think it was his first game after his loan had been made permanent (he was bl**dy awful in that game though!).

For me it is the legend that was Simon Tracey who tried to dribble round Peter Ndlovu only to be dispossed leaving Ndlovu with an open goal!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

Even though Etuhu''s debut came in a home win over Luton when he had a spat with a Luton player, think it was Nicholls, at the end, that Preston game when he broke Nowland''s leg was 6 weeks later in January

Matt Jackson''s debut for City was not too clever. It was on boxing day at QPR round about 95/96 season - I think we lost 3-2. In the first couple of minutes their centre forward, might have been Danny Dichio, turned Jackson and he rugby tackled him on the edge of our penalty box. Amazingly the ref only gave Jackson a yellow card.

Surprised no one has mentioned Steve Walsh away at Wolves.

A cold sunday lunchtime and I had a hangover. 3-0 down at half time, probably all walshs fault.....he was utterly aweful

Things improved second half when walsh was taken off and we only lost 4-0 in the end

Considering the player he was in his time at leicester, this must be the worst ever debut when put in context

Matt Jackson was overrated rubbish anyway! I have heard 1 or 2 things about him from someone who knew him very well when he played here that dont suprise me in the slightest tbh, im not going to post them on here...

anyone remember the huge cheer from the barclay when he got subbed on his final game for us? couldnt of happened to a nicer bloke...

He was ok till he was made captain and it all went to his head!

jas :)