Sign in to follow this  
Being Jan Kristiansen...

Who Is Better: Crouch or Svensson?

My vote goes to Svensson. He has a better strike ration, is an international and is constently improving.

Crouch was good but they are two similar players of very similar standardm (with Svensson just edging it).

My point is that while I would be happy to see Crouch here again there is no point in paying over the odds for him as Svensson cost us £50,000 - £300,000.

Have to go for crouch , sorry I feel he fights for every ball and gets involved more, and chases everything. I think Svensson gets lost as times, I do respect him and feel he got too much stick from people, but crouchy is the man for me

If, as reported, Villa have stuck a £2m price tag on Crouch, your question, Turn, is academic. For my money they are differing types of players with Crouchy as an out and out target man while Svens strength is his vision and ability to play the ball on the floor. They wouldn''t complement each other in the same side but to have Leon, DH as well would mean we have a wide variety of options to choose from in the squad.

Will anyone realistically pay that much for PC? Come on Doug - do us a favour...

Hi DD, the point I was trying to make was that if Villa rekon that £1.5mill for Crouch they are aving a laugh.

I would just like to ay that I would be v.happy to see Crouch back here again BUT only at the right price.

If Svensson cost us £300,000 and Hux £1mil then Crouch shouldnt be worth more than £500,000 (plus add-ons for games ect).

For me it has to be Svensson, I really do rate this guy, always have, unlike some of the boo boys, that is until he started scoring.

He has a big heart, good on the deck and seems to love the club, what more can you ask?. And I''m not sure PC feels the same way.

Er, didn''t Crouch say that if he was going to move, Norwich would be his first choice?

I like parts of Svensson''s game but I would like to see him work a bit harder next season. Given the choice I would prefer to have Crouch because I think his all round game is slightly better.

It''s tricky to say really as even though they are target men their game is quite different. Crouch is probably better technically but Sven too has a lot of skill and can hold the ball up well. I''d like us to stick with Sven for the beginning of the season, but would still like us to get another big guy up front.

Different styles of player. For a straight forward target man then its PC....and Hucks does like to play with target men - witness his relationship with both PC and Iwan. Svensson is not quite so good in the air but probably better on the ground. My personal preference would be Pc but I am also quite happy with Super Matt.

Svenson, after a slow start, began to do the business and gas been a good buy. I particularly admire his self belief, even when things aren''t coming off. He perseveres. But PC for me is a player who gets more into the game - ymore involvement - and overall more contribution, goals and assists. I think he worries opposing defences more.

His contribution for us was good - remember he was rusty when he joined us having been out of 1st team football for some while - and didn''t do so badly on his return to Villa - he was only used in short snatches - at Premiership level - and put away a few goals.

I''m positive we''ll land him. Eventually.