Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana (All Grown Up)

Russells Gloves!!

[quote user="we Roeder luck"]

I have noticed that russell wears gloves and a short sleeved shirt but was wondering if anybody knows why??

?[:S]?

[/quote]

It''s to protect his manicure and nail varnish.

I have noticed that russell wears gloves and a short sleeved shirt but was wondering if anybody knows why??

[/quote]

Because, deep down, he wants to be an Italian goalkeeper.

i don''t know why...but, a brilliant story.a relative of my family used to be friendly with mr russell (mates) and one day he/she took him to a pub. a man in a corner stands there with a pint..and shouts to daryl "OI!  why do you wear those bloody gloves all the time?? its not that cold!"and daryl''s reply? "my grandparents are from jamaica so i get cold...."with the man standing there pissing himself with laughter he begins to mock the idea of a londoner with such a feeble excuse.he was born and lived/lives? in mile end london. and to wear a short sleeve top with gloves aint gonna keep you warm.

My understanding is he wore them for the Coventry game and has kept them on every game since as some sort of superstition...

Maybe he has bad circulation in his fingers? I think it is a bit of a trademark to be honest.It made me laugh yesterday listening to radio Leicester because the commentator was clearly annoyed by the colour of Russel''s gloves, I wanted to call Radio Leicester and point out the connection between the colour of his gloves and the NCFC colours, I think he thought Russel was just being a ponce.  I rather like the green gloves.

[/quote]

On a serious note. I once saw a science program, possibly it was Horizon.

It explained that people from certain ethnic backgrounds did not carry the genes that regulated and increased the blood flow to the extremities in cold climates.

I am being perfectly serious about this. Perhaps some of you out there either saw this programme or are sufficiently up on genetics to confirm this.

So in essence it''s not that Rusty is a Wuss, its in his genes and he obviously feels the cold more than some other people.

[quote user="Quantum"]My understanding is he wore them for the Coventry game and has kept them on every game since as some sort of superstition...[/quote]Correct! For those of you that don''t listen to the commentary I think Roy asked him in an interview and he said he had them on in the first win for Glen Roeder and has worn them since incase they were a good luck token/charm.Obviously their magic doesn''t include cup games - but we don''t have to worry about that any more.

The first time russy played for us i used to live down the road from him in rackheath and he used to come out and have a kick about with us and i nutmegged him haha

but this was one i was bout 7

does anyone really care???

wow he wears gloves big deal, don''t you have anything better to be talking about on here???

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="we Roeder luck"]

[/quote]

It explained that people from certain ethnic backgrounds did not carry the genes that regulated and increased the blood flow to the extremities in cold climates.

I am being perfectly serious about this. Perhaps some of you out there either saw this programme or are sufficiently up on genetics to confirm this.

So in essence it''s not that Rusty is a Wuss, its in his genes and he obviously feels the cold more than some other people.

[/quote]

So I reckon '' Tripod''s '' missus must start knitting his Christmas present by the beginning of June by the latest.......

[quote user="sam"]

wow he wears gloves big deal, don''t you have anything better to be talking about on here???

[/quote]

You must care and not have anything better to talk about as you''ve posted in this thread...

[quote user="sam"]

[/quote]

If you don''t like it ''SAM'' then stop reading. It''s a discussion board. To discuss! Yeah? Idiot.

Many exciting theories here. The truth is that that the Canary Store has wagons of unsold green gloves and they figured a player wearing them on the pitch could boost sales...

[/quote]

[/quote]I believe I have heard the same thing, it also works the other way round, those whose ethnic background originate in cold climates lack the genes for cooling off so easily.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Many exciting theories here. The truth is that that the Canary Store has wagons of unsold green gloves and they figured a player wearing them on the pitch could boost sales...[/quote]

That''s my favourite theory, and most plausable, I reckon he gets a percentage of the glove sales.

Also, the guy that says why post this inane drivel, well this is my favourite thread this weekend, it beats all the made up lies and rumours.

I wish I lived near Norwich so I could get some of theose gloves.

Budapest Canary, i''m off to Budapest in March, will 6 days be too long?

[quote user="Good Game, Good Game!"][quote user="sam"]

If you don''t like it ''SAM'' then stop reading. It''s a discussion board. To discuss! Yeah? Idiot.

[/quote]

My name isn''t in capital letters so sort out your grammar please. Yes it is a discussion board, but not to discuss the attire of the players, unless you sad norwich fans don''t have anything better to do.

[quote user="sam"][quote user="Good Game, Good Game!"][quote user="sam"]

[/quote]

My name isn''t in capital letters so sort out your grammar please. Yes it is a discussion board, but not to discuss the attire of the players, unless you sad norwich fans don''t have anything better to do.

[/quote]

I actually think it''s pretty sad not to find this discussion somehwhat entertaining! what else would you like to discuss, the meaning of life? the importance of hydrogen bonding?

[/quote]

[/quote]Its not just certain ethnic backgrounds, I know lots of people who get cold hands but not in the rest of the body.  I wear gloves all the time playing american football  (to protect my hands as well as keeping them warm) but my arms don''t really get cold.  I''m a pretty "warm" person except in my hands and feet and my brother is the same.OTBC!Chunky