Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Too quiet

Nothing going on.

I''ve been looking round  all the usual transfer sites and no good news. Aston Villa have turned down Brums offer for Gary Cahill, now Bolton are strongly linked with him. Martin Taylor must have played well for Brum reserves last night as they beat Arsenal reserves 2-1.

I would have liked to have seen 3 new faces by today, to let them get together in time for next Tuesday game against Saints. Glenn must be pulling his hair out in frustration. 2 good strikers and 2 good defenders, 1 central & 1 central/utility are needed, but the money needs to be made available or i can see Glenn & co doing Martin O''Neill.

This lad from Liverpool doesn''t seem good enough judging on last nights evidence. I cant see that Mclean being good enough to make the step up, too small and lightweight in my veiw. O.k. i know Earnie was small but he had the class in championship.

I would suggest we need one central defender, and I have no idea why you would expect central midfielders to come in - we have three who are doing ok! 

Surely right back cover and left wing cover are a priority?

[quote user="canarygeorge"]

Nothing going on.

I''ve been looking round  all the usual transfer sites and no good news. Aston Villa have turned down Brums offer for Gary Cahill, now Bolton are strongly linked with him. Martin Taylor must have played well for Brum reserves last night as they beat Arsenal reserves 2-1.

I would have liked to have seen 3 new faces by today, to let them get together in time for next Tuesday game against Saints. Glenn must be pulling his hair out in frustration. 2 good strikers and 2 good defenders, 1 central & 1 central/utility are needed, but the money needs to be made available or i can see Glenn & co doing Martin O''Neill.

This lad from Liverpool doesn''t seem good enough judging on last nights evidence. I cant see that Mclean being good enough to make the step up, too small and lightweight in my veiw. O.k. i know Earnie was small but he had the class in championship.

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

I would suggest we need one central defender, and I have no idea why you would expect central midfielders to come in - we have three who are doing ok! 

Surely right back cover and left wing cover are a priority?

Nothing going on.

[/quote][/quote]Where does he say we need central midfielders? We need two good defenders, one central and one utility - that''s the point he was making, I think.

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]Roeder won''t walk out on us.
Money is available
Taylor will be with us by the end of next week.
[/quote]

I hope you''re right Sid.

J.C. I didn''t say anything about more midfielders. I said 1 central defender & 1 central /utility. What i meant by central /utility was someone who could do a job anywhere across the back 4.   

Nothing going on.

[/quote]

It''s the calm before the storm, By Friday there WILL be signings at Carrow Road

[quote user="1st Wizard"]The days tick by and still no signings..................why am I not suprised?.[/quote]

Probably because you are always so negative.

I am frustrated by lack of signings also, but I remain positive because the alternative is to consider the unthinkable and the certain relegation that will inevitably follow. For me its simple, improve or die and I have to believe that we will improve.

[quote user="inch_high"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]The days tick by and still no signings..................why am I not suprised?.[/quote]

Probably because you are always so negative.

[/quote]

So if he was always positive he would be surprised at the absence of signings as the days tick by, eh?

Errm.....

OTBC

Makes you wonder how many of us trawl the sites just loking for some news.....me, I log on and check around 5 or 6 times a day (EVERY DAY). Is this normal? I mean, I glance for about one nano-second at the news and everything horrific thats going on in the World, have a passing interest in the weather and very occassionally concentrate on some work (joke there), but I am forever wondering what may be going on in the corridors of the mighty NCFC. It''s a bit like the anticipation to see what Santa has put in your sack, then after you have got up at 5:00am to check you realise that Santa stopped coming years ago !!!!  

[quote user="albyella"]Makes you wonder how many of us trawl the sites just loking for some news.....me, I log on and check around 5 or 6 times a day (EVERY DAY). Is this normal? I mean, I glance for about one nano-second at the news and everything horrific thats going on in the World, have a passing interest in the weather and very occassionally concentrate on some work (joke there), but I am forever wondering what may be going on in the corridors of the mighty NCFC. It''s a bit like the anticipation to see what Santa has put in your sack, then after you have got up at 5:00am to check you realise that Santa stopped coming years ago !!!!  [/quote]

Couldn''t have put it better myself and sounds remarkably similar to my day Alby.

Keep logging on more out of hope than anything. As usual alot of hot air but little fact. I will believe it when I see it but the frustrating wait is damaging my health!

I would be more comfortable if players hadn''t gone out the door until new ones came in. I have trusted managers for the last 2 Januaries and been disappointed each time. I hope that GR is different and will manage significant new signings but at the moment it is just a hope. I would like to see a quality striker with reasonable height and speed (2 strikers if Evans goes back after his emergency loan), a CH, preferably Taylor, and a playmaker in mid-field to back up Fozzy so future injuries are less of a worry. [:D]

Transfers for decent players are always going to go to the wire in January, unless you have a lot of money to spend like QPR.  We are no longer the stone that makes the splash into the pond, probably never have been.   We are one of many lilly-pads that get pushed by the ripples created by the impact of the stones.  We have to wait for stones to fall in order to be able to move ourselves, the main stone in our case being Birmingham signing a central defender before they release Taylor.

Confucious, he say "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."  At least that what this page says.  Personally, I doubt that he ever spoke English.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Transfers for decent players are always going to go to the wire in January, unless you have a lot of money to spend like QPR.  We are no longer the stone that makes the splash into the pond, probably never have been.   We are one of many lilly-pads that get pushed by the ripples created by the impact of the stones.  We have to wait for stones to fall in order to be able to move ourselves, the main stone in our case being Birmingham signing a central defender before they release Taylor.

Confucious, he say "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."  At least that what this page says.  Personally, I doubt that he ever spoke English.

[/quote]

Blimey blah !

You sure your names not Eric Cantona.

[quote user="canarygeorge"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

Blimey blah !

[/quote]

That''s what it says on my name tag.  Do you want fries with that ? [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canarygeorge"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

Blimey blah !

[/quote]

That''s what it says on my name tag.  Do you want fries with that ? [:)]

[/quote]

LoL. Nice one.

[quote user="albyella"]Makes you wonder how many of us trawl the sites just loking for some news.....me, I log on and check around 5 or 6 times a day (EVERY DAY). Is this normal? I mean, I glance for about one nano-second at the news and everything horrific thats going on in the World, have a passing interest in the weather and very occassionally concentrate on some work (joke there), but I am forever wondering what may be going on in the corridors of the mighty NCFC. It''s a bit like the anticipation to see what Santa has put in your sack, then after you have got up at 5:00am to check you realise that Santa stopped coming years ago !!!!  [/quote]

Thats my rather sad existence too!