Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Bentley joins Canaries on season-long loan

Full story here:

[link]http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/Story.asp?Brand=PINKUNonline&Category=Norwich&ItemId=NOED03+Jun+2004+09%3A55%3A48%3A700[/link]

Congratulations on signing him, I would have liked to have seen him play at the Albion.

Worthys comments on the "striker" Bentley

"He can play wide out on the right, wide out on the left and behind the front two. To have that kind of flexibility in what''s going to be not the biggest of squads will be very, very useful."

Looks like he is going to use him in the midfield. How will this effect the line up.

Svensson and Mackensie upfront, with Hucks and Bentley on the wings, and Francis/Holt central midfield?????

What an obviously sensible young man.

Welcome David, and many congrats once again Worthy.

Good job the kid didnt read YankeeCanary posts recently.

I have never seen him play, but if he is half as good as he sounds its a fantastic piece of business.

I think you have hit the nail on the head Canary Brem??

But would this be too attck minded??

Maybe Hucks and Sven upfront with brennan, holt francis and bentley in midfield.

But then as they say, the best form of defence is attack!!!

I knew my post about Bentley would get things moving !

I think this was the key signing to ensuring we stay in the prem - I think we have a quality strike force now which is more than a match for the teams we need to beat. If we beat the odd top team than so be it but we must build a team to win our own mini division. Getting a top quality striker was always going to be the biggest and hardest part of the jigsaw and now Worthy has filled it I think the rest will fall into place. I would love to see Purse joining and I would like Kenton to come home which I think would add the strength we need to the defence along with a great signing in Gallacher. The midfield needs an addition but I will let Worthy sort that out. My faith was waining a little in terms of ambition but getting Bentley on board demostrates that we are not in the prem to make numbers but to stay up and become the force we know we can - a very good day for city fans!

Up the city

Nice one. I wonder if Megson tried to get him at the last minute. Maybe a tempting offer of "join us, sit on the bench for 75 minutes and barge into people when you do get on", didn''t appeal to him. OTBC

Great work, Worthy! The Baggies fans are already split between ''no great loss'' and ''that''s a really good signing and he is only costing them wages''. I know that time alone will tell, but I''m sure I feel much more upbeat about this news than I would have been if we had signed Scimeca...but then I would say that!

This is exactly the type of signing we need. Someone who is a brilliant prospect as opposed to second rate players who have already showed they can''t keep teams up. He''s talented, technically amazing and has that "sparkle" that I''ve talked about in past posts which I believe is the difference between types of player...

Not sure I like this signing at all, Mrs Wiz reaction being ''Cor, he''s bloody tastey'' does not endare him to me in the least. And she''s old enough to know better!. Must be feeling better I guess.

But to be serious, a damn huge signing, how does Nigel (Paul Daniels) Worthington do it?. Another piece of pure magic from Sir Nigel, and I bet Smeggy''s feeling sick as a parrot today, he beats us to the milk, but NW always seems to get the cream!.

This will send all the right signals to the rest of the Premiership, that City have indeed returned.

Yesterday I asked for an attacking creative midfielder and now we have have one, hurrah. Well done Nigel. Next up, a defender with pace who can pass it around a bit, please.

I''m excited. I think it''s a great move by Worthy. Look it at from our point of view- We can''t lose (not literally unfortunately!) If the lad does really well he''ll hopefully help keep us up and if he can''t hack it he''ll go back. Great signing

Stolen from the South Wales Echo but changed his club. Looks like he''s already a No1 player.When they are talking about you in the Valleys you know you are a top club.

Footballers with car names.

1. David BENTLEY (Norwich)

2. Franz CARR (ex-Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday)

3. Trevor FORD (ex-Swansea City, Aston Villa, Cardiff City, PSV Eindhoven, Newport County and Romford)

4. Gary LINE-KA (ex-Leicester, Everton, Barcelona, Tottenham and Grampus Eight)

5. Gary SPEED (Newcastle)

6. Ruud VAN Nistelrooy (Manchester United)

7. Jody MORRIS (Rotherham United)

8. Barry HORNE (ex-Southampton, Everton and Birmingham City)

9.AUDI Legg (ex-Cardiff City)

10. CARLTON Cole (Chelsea).

Absolutely a brilliant signing. No fee...versatile...everything to prove. Well done to NW and all at the Club. Now for PC and Edwards :-)

A terrific signing, confirming the board''s commitment to making a real fist of it. Well done to Nigel and the board.

On the car front, we''re one up on the Binmen: We''ve got a new Bentley, but they''ve only got a clapped-out and useless Rolls Reuser!

Song anyone?

Looks like a lot of effort has gone into this one. I reckon Worthy''s been on the case for a long long time. Well done Worthy.

Already looking like we''ve got a really potent forward line - with speed.

Great signing.Well done Worthy,i was so chuffed when i heard this news and we beat at least 4 other clubs to his signature,very versatile and can play left or right flank or sit behind the two strikers.

Exciting times ahead!!

He reckons that he is as good as Pires, Bergkamp ect when he plays against them in training. He wants to have a good season this year so when he goes back to Arsenal, Wenger has no choice but to play him regularly.

I like his ambition and desire. Lets hope he lives up to his own expectations!

It was great to hear him say on Skysports News that everything about coming here "felt so right". Now where have we all heard that before? If Worthy can get players to come here, meet him, listen to what he has to say and get a feel for the whole place then more often than not he does the business. Anyone interested in a bit of serial kidnapping? Any possible targets? (Oh no...let''s not start that one up again!!!)