Sign in to follow this  
bradley1

Help From Our Norwich Friends

I everyone. Bury Fan here. I know we beat you and I can understand it if you wasnt that bothered about this issue but it is starting to cause quite a stir at Bury and in the media up here.

Southampton have decided that we are not allowed the drum at their ground even though the home fans have them. The fourth round is a massive day out for all shakers fans and it is because of this that we have started a petition to try and persuade Southampton to reconsider.

We have emailed the club and explained that we arent a club who have trouble makers and it is purely for entertainment reasons and we have even highlighted your club because your powers that be allowed the drums.

Please can as many people as possible sign our petition and stop southampton spoiling our big day out!!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/bury-fc-drum-campaign

Good luck to you all down there, I had a long chat with a Bury fan on the train to Norwich for our game and we walked to the ground together, football as it should be, good luck>

I like the tool (BillyBucket), who has slagged the Bury fans off, but managed to demonstrate his lack of support by, erm, signing their petition...Good luck to them I say. If they beat Soton, it at least makes us look slightly less bad ;-)

Oh what a generous thought Wiz!  Come on we''re talking real football fans here!  I''ll sign.  You did great Bury - and some of us hope you wallop the Saints and totally demoralise them!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]On yer bike! you slag Glen Roeder off on your sites, and now you ask for our help, get lost!.[:|][/quote]

Capture the mood of ''the people'' as usual Wiz! 

thanks for your comments. much appreciated. All I said was that Roeder could have shook caspers hand Ive never slagged anyone of. Anyway its your choice and you are entitled to it. Thanks to everyone who as signed upto now anyway.

The fact we were kicked out of the FA Cup last year makes this years competition so much more of an issue with us lot.

Whatever wiz might think I genuinely hope Norwich do well this season because everyone I met down there and in the social club at Gigg were great.

One of your fans even stood at the supporters coach and shook loads of Bury fans hands to congratulate them. Thats what football is all about, not just Man Utd and their millions.

Signed - Here''s hoping you stuff them 5-0 at their gaffe and then get Havant & Waterlooville in round 5.  Or Chelsea.  Whichever you prefer...

loads of fans have emailed Southampton and they havent even had the decency of replying to anyone. How can two clubs be so different. We came to your safety officers and they were great, yes there were rules but thats fair enough. Go to Southampton and they are the opposite.

Football in this country is going downhill fast and the powers that be want us all like Man Utd fans sitting nice and quiet eating sandwiches.

Signed. - Bradley, make sure you let us know the final outcome!

I''m glad you had a good experience at Norwich. The running of the club comes in for some serious stick on here (myself included from time to time when things got really bad) and often deservedly so, however, underneath all that we have got a brilliant club here. I know a lad at uni who wrote to lots of Champoinship clubs to get more info on how the ITV digital collapse affected each club (this was a few years back). He got a massive dossier of info sent through by Norwich (not even a reply from the binners I might add). Another person who I met in Oxford works at various clubs and he goes round visiting all of them (I wass a touch drunk and can''t remember exactly what he does) but he said that Norwich were the most welcoming and in his words ''professional'' backroom/office staff he''d come across. Now I''d personally swap all that for success on the pitch ;-) , but at the same time it does make me very proud to be affiliated with a club that people hold in high regard.

Good luck