Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

why build up our hopes?

yet again the fans have been let down by the club. at the beginning of the week we were told we would have TWO new faces before Leicester but yet again its rubbish. why mention these things if it aint gonna happen? it would be better surely not to say anything wouldnt it?

and then you would accuse the club of doing nothing and not trying to get players in. dont be rididculous, or take things out of context. GR said he HOPED to have two new faces in by sat. Not exactly a concrete guarantee is it? I am as disappointed as everyone else not to get new faces in, especially as i am making a 400 mile round trip to see the game tomorrow. Be bloody patient, things will come to fruition under Roeder, we wouldnt let Murray go unless we had a replacement ready to sign...Why mention these things if you are minpulating the facts to suit your argument? it would be better surely not to say anything would it not?

[quote user="baldyboy"]yet again the fans have been let down by the club. at the beginning of the week we were told we would have TWO new faces before Leicester but yet again its rubbish. why mention these things if it aint gonna happen? it would be better surely not to say anything wouldnt it?[/quote]

I used to wait until there was a picture in the paper of the player holding the shirt but then Ian Crook spoilt that.

FFS the club cannot win.  Say nothing and be damned for a lack of ambition, inactivity and be labled skin-flints.  Say we "hope" (you may want to look the meaning up in the dictionary) and people complain that what they assume would happen does not.

I want to see some movement as well in light of the fact we have removed so much dead wood from the wage bill that we are short on cover in an already thin squad, but there is still nearly two weeks of the window left and Roeder has not exactly proved himself to be a mug in his dealings to date.  There is not a vast amount of business around the Championship so far this month, and with a handful of exceptions what there has been has not really made me think pity we missed out on him (exceptions being Fitz Hall, Andrew Davies and maybe Rowna Vine).

I''m afraid to say we are not the only club who have expected players and not got any, Roeder thought he would have players, they decided not to come, it is not the clubs fault is it?

i think you''ll find i answered this in earlier post....if the club say nothing then people like you accuse them of no ambition, and if they do say they "hope for something", and you assume and mis-interpret hope as will then its your own stupid fault.... I hoped for a ferrari for christmas...didnt get one.....wasn''t disappointed as i wasn''t expecting it after misinterpreting my hope and desire as a factual statement of intent it and then trying to mug the club off because of my own stupidity....

At least we are showing a desire to bring in respectable players. You must not forget the ridiculous market for players and clubs like us nowadays. These things take alot time and effort. Roeder obviously saw an opportunity and went for it hoping for the best and was obviously let down by the lad (in time we will discover he went elsewere for more money). You have to be clever and negotiate. Remember.........good things come to those who wait.........

kick it off, i dont think the club lacks ambition and i believe they are looking for players but why state they expect players in before they arrive? i never said i doubt there ambition, what i am saying is why say that players are coming when they are not as happened yet again yesterday, only for roeder to say the player has turned us down.

[quote user="baldyboy"]kick it off, i dont think the club lacks ambition and i believe they are looking for players but why state they expect players in before they arrive? i never said i doubt there ambition, what i am saying is why say that players are coming when they are not as happened yet again yesterday, only for roeder to say the player has turned us down.[/quote]

How difficult is it? NOBODY SAID THERE WOULD BE ANY SIGNINGS. Gr said he HOPED for them. anyway we have some coming in next week. 100%.

there was no 100% last week. hope is not 100%. i hope to get a bonus from work. doesnt mean i 100% will

I''ll change the hundred percent to hope there is next week, that way i cant lose!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]yet again the fans have been let down by the club. at the beginning of the week we were told we would have TWO new faces before Leicester but yet again its rubbish. why mention these things if it aint gonna happen? it would be better surely not to say anything wouldnt it?[/quote]

Roeder said he hoped to have two players in.

[quote user="baldyboy"]yet again the fans have been let down by the club. at the beginning of the week we were told we would have TWO new faces before Leicester but yet again its rubbish. why mention these things if it aint gonna happen? it would be better surely not to say anything wouldnt it?[/quote]Yet again we''re let down by FANS THAT CANT READ.Roeder, not anyone at the club said we WOULD have two new faces ...... the exact quote was "“I really HOPE to have at least two new faces available for selection against Leicester ........"Get it?

[quote user="kick it off"]and then you would accuse the club of doing nothing and not trying to get players in. dont be rididculous, or take things out of context. GR said he HOPED to have two new faces in by sat. Not exactly a concrete guarantee is it?

I am as disappointed as everyone else not to get new faces in, especially as i am making a 400 mile round trip to see the game tomorrow. Be bloody patient, things will come to fruition under Roeder, we wouldnt let Murray go unless we had a replacement ready to sign...

Why mention these things if you are minpulating the facts to suit your argument? it would be better surely not to say anything would it not?
[/quote]

Silence is better than bullsh**.