Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Another good day at NCFC.

A horrible thought went through my mind while travelling back from Barnsley; with GR £600k up on transfers (assuming Pattison''s fee is £200k plus add ons) and with City continuing to do well, may be the board would be reluctant to spend any cash.

A horrible or a realistic thought?

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

A horrible thought went through my mind while travelling back from Barnsley; with GR £600k up on transfers (assuming Pattison''s fee is £200k plus add ons) and with City continuing to do well, may be the board would be reluctant to spend any cash.

[/quote]

It is a realistic thought, although I don''t think the board would do that at the risk of GR walking out.  Well at least I hope not, I have no faith in the NC board at all to do what is right, but that is IMHO [:)]

The £400k for Lewis had already been budgeted for?........well you didn''t think Yellows come free, did you? 

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Have Birmingham signed a centre-back yet ?  Maybe Armand Traore will come on loan now that Arsenal are out of the cup ?

Do we know who else we''re interested in ?  I''m guessing not, it is quiet.  But then Grant signed 7 players in a week in the summer.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]Yeah, because it is that simple to buy players, I think I might go on Ebay and buy one now![/quote]

If it''s so difficult, how have QPR already managed to sign 9 players and Leicester 7?

One thing''s for sure - the squad is so paper thin at the moment that however well we''re currently playing an injury to Diona and the Doc will leave us looking much weaker. We need a centreback and striker before the window closes (even if loans). Don''t think we can assume we''re safely mid table yet...

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]Yeah, because it is that simple to buy players, I think I might go on Ebay and buy one now![/quote]

If it''s so difficult, how have QPR already managed to sign 9 players and Leicester 7?

[/quote]

Work it out Sherlock! Because they have money to throw away......

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

.....and were you impressed with Leicester''s purchases on Saturday?

[/quote]

Im sure if we had bought the players that QPR and leicester bought they would be slated for a lack of quality purchasing.

If we dont sign any more players by the end of the window ill be unhappy. but Taylor and a Striker and Id be most pleased.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Roeder has proved one thing at least this window...................how many ordinary players on good salaries we don''t need.[/quote]

Dead on Rudolph. I remember people moaning in the summer that Leicester have brought in x amount of players. How many of them have set the world alight?

I definately would take quality over quantity any day of the week and i think thats what GR is trying to do. QPR have 9 and Leicester have 7, i for one would be alot happier if we only got Taylor and a CF in from here on in. Add to that Bertrand,Evans,Camara and Pattison and you could say its been a gd window, esp if you add on top of that the clear out!

Just looking at all of QPR and Leicesters signings out of 16 i would only take Buzsaky and Hall. Prior to saturday i would have had Howard and Oakley but from what i witnessed they wouldnt offer much!

Patience is a virtue..............

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

you may well have a point...

we need to push on and surely the board can recoginise this...

jas :)

[quote user="Old Yellow Bird"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

.....and were you impressed with Leicester''s purchases on Saturday?

[/quote]

Admittedly, any half decent side would have hammered them, but, fortunately for Leicester they were playing us. 

It''s going to take time for the squad to gel, and, the game at the Walkers will be the better indicator of how good they are.  If the players they''ve signed turn out to be as good as the players Holloway signed for Plymouth, I''d be very impressed

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Roeder has proved one thing at least this window...................how many ordinary players on good salaries we don''t need.[/quote]

Yeah, and Bury proved how may ordinary players are still at the club.

[/quote]

...And 9 games without defeat in the league proves... ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[/quote]

...And 9 games without defeat in the league proves... ?

[/quote]

5 of those games have been draws, 12 goals scored, 9 conceeded.  I think the only thing it proves is that more often than not 1 goal doesn''t win a football match.