Sign in to follow this  
Old Yellow Bird

access to this forum

I know I''m not the world''s most accomplished computer user, and most of my equipment is old and a bit naff (like its owner) but is anyone else having difficulty in getting onto this forum since the format changed?

It used to be one click and I was in - to either the main forum or the transfer forum - now it takes a lot of messing about and clicking back and forth to access anything.....................

Helpful suggestions welcome (in English not computerese).

[quote user="Old Yellow Bird"]

It used to be one click and I was in - to either the main forum or the transfer forum - now it takes a lot of messing about and clicking back and forth to access anything.....................

[/quote]Eh?!

I know I''m not the world''s most accomplished computer user, and most of my equipment is old and a bit naff (like its owner) but is anyone else having difficulty in getting onto this forum since the format changed?

[/quote]

Ignore the others OYB (brain maturity comes later) - yep, there is a bit of a problem, you need to click the refresh button at the top - shouldn''t be necessary, this is the only site I need to keep refreshing to get the pages up - so it''s not you or your equipment

[/quote]

I had problems yesterday too, could get into the pinkun ok but not the message board, had rectfied itself by 10.30pm though.

Yep, not the best forum for navigating. Everytime I post and it goes to the Moderation message I have to click on the "Forums" tag to get back, clicking on the "Back" button logs me off!

if u click at the bottom of the moderation box it drops u right back where u came from in the forum... i''ve never had a problem

jas :)

Thanks Albyella!  Clicking refresh button works a treat.

And thanks for other helpful suggestions - I''m quite glad I''m not the only one with a few problems - it''s only been bad for me since the message board update.

And for those of you not having any problems at all - good on you and I''m so glad I have given you the opportunity to tell everyone so and feel sooooooooooooo superior.

I''d feel a lot less tetchy if we went ahead and signed Tiny![;)]

[/quote]Ahhhh! Now I see what you on about!Unfortunatly the Pink''Un server is rubbish, and seems to be prone to errors, crashing and general slowness. Why this is I don''t know for sure, and I don''t thing the pink un would either and it seems to me that they outsource their server providings. My guess would be either the servers are not up to the task and this is especially evident when there is alot of people accessing the site (Like when there is a big news release about a player signing) as it seems unable to cope with the volume of traffic. Solution: PinkunGet a better server [;)] However it is a complete guess and it could be a large range of issues.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

if u click at the bottom of the moderation box it drops u right back where u came from in the forum... i''ve never had a problem

jas :)

[/quote]

Oh yeah, so it does. That feature must be new on my personal version.....