Sign in to follow this  
bradley1

Bury Drum Campaign Update

As promised and as we have received such fantastic response from Norwich fans hers an update on where we are upto.

The petition now as over 400 signatures on it in 4 days and the fans at Bury have had immense media coverage of our campaign. We have been on local bbc radio, national radio and Channel M on sky. Our campaign is also on the nation supporters trust website and the local papers are now running articles.

The Manchester Evening New and Bury Times and BBC Radio have also contacted Southampton and in fact I ma told that southampton have switched off their contact us email address as they have received so many complaints.

Blackpool took a drum (With Southamptons permission but when they started to get too noisy singing with it the stewards went in and grabbed it off them causing minor scuffles).

I myself go this email response back from their fans liason officer and I am sure you will agree that the excuses are very lame indeed.

-

Thank you for your email addressed to Leon Crouch. I am in charge of all supporter related issues, and have therefore been asked to reply.

Allowing instruments into St Marys would be contrary to our ground regulations. Your comment regarding the Blackpool game is somewhat disappointing and is only looking at one side of the coin. We were approached by a Blackpool supporter who asked permission to bring a drum into the ground. This was allowed. However, we not only received several complaints from the Blackpool fans about the noise, but it also created a serious health and safety issue as our stewards were unable to fully hear commands via their radio’s from the control room.

On this basis, and given that we have learned a valuable lesson, we have agreed to abide by our own Ground Regulations and such requests will be declined.

It is also worth noting that in the 7 seasons that St Marys has been open, many, many away supporters have created an atmosphere without the need for musical instruments, a prime example being Leicester City in the previous round of The FA Cup.

I am sorry that we have been unable to help further on this occasion

Regards

David Luker

Head of Supporter Services

-

So the reason they wont allow it is that too much noise interfers with the stewards ear pieces, what a joke. Why then did England play at St Marys (and take drums) a couple of years ago and why did Sheffield Wednesday take their full band last season?

Southampton have also put a news release on theiur main website as follows

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=9614

We are not giving up the fight though and their ignorance to how fans feel and their contempt of the Bury fans is only making this an even bigger occasion for us and our support will now be much greated both in numbers and voice.

Once again Norwich fans have been great, some of the responses on the petition have been heart warming and everyone at Bury are extremely grateful.

You can still help the cause by emailing

dluker@saintsfc.co.uk

or if not already done signing our petition at

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/bury-fc-drum-campaign

Once again thanks for the support

brads1

I have to admit when Leicester came to CR on saturday I was not impressed with the constant drumming.  So, for that reason, I wont be signing your petition, I''m out.

I have to say, I can''t stand drums, whistles, bells, horns, rattles or any other loud noise-making machinery inside football grounds - although lots of loud chanting from the fans is fine by me - the more the merrier!

If I had to sit near that cretinous Pompey fan with his continuous bell ringing antics, I''d be tempted to stick it in him where the sun don''t shine.

[quote user="bradley1"]

As promised and as we have received such fantastic response from Norwich fans hers an update on where we are upto.

The petition now as over 400 signatures on it in 4 days and the fans at Bury have had immense media coverage of our campaign. We have been on local bbc radio, national radio and Channel M on sky. Our campaign is also on the nation supporters trust website and the local papers are now running articles.

The Manchester Evening New and Bury Times and BBC Radio have also contacted Southampton and in fact I ma told that southampton have switched off their contact us email address as they have received so many complaints.

Blackpool took a drum (With Southamptons permission but when they started to get too noisy singing with it the stewards went in and grabbed it off them causing minor scuffles).

I myself go this email response back from their fans liason officer and I am sure you will agree that the excuses are very lame indeed.

-

Thank you for your email addressed to Leon Crouch. I am in charge of all supporter related issues, and have therefore been asked to reply.

Allowing instruments into St Marys would be contrary to our ground regulations. Your comment regarding the Blackpool game is somewhat disappointing and is only looking at one side of the coin. We were approached by a Blackpool supporter who asked permission to bring a drum into the ground. This was allowed. However, we not only received several complaints from the Blackpool fans about the noise, but it also created a serious health and safety issue as our stewards were unable to fully hear commands via their radio’s from the control room.

On this basis, and given that we have learned a valuable lesson, we have agreed to abide by our own Ground Regulations and such requests will be declined.

It is also worth noting that in the 7 seasons that St Marys has been open, many, many away supporters have created an atmosphere without the need for musical instruments, a prime example being Leicester City in the previous round of The FA Cup.

Regards

David Luker

-

So the reason they wont allow it is that too much noise interfers with the stewards ear pieces, what a joke. Why then did England play at St Marys (and take drums) a couple of years ago and why did Sheffield Wednesday take their full band last season?

We are not giving up the fight though and their ignorance to how fans feel and their contempt of the Bury fans is only making this an even bigger occasion for us and our support will now be much greated both in numbers and voice.

Once again Norwich fans have been great, some of the responses on the petition have been heart warming and everyone at Bury are extremely grateful.

dluker@saintsfc.co.uk

brads1

[/quote]

i mean this in a nice way but the only reaon they havent allowed the drum is that ur "small time" if u had been manchester utd they would of allowed Drums, Horns, probably even a double Bass... because your "only" Bury u arent allowed anything in their spiffing all seater stadium that might make more noise then the stadium announcer coughing at half time.

do us a favour mate.. next time ur drawn against Pompey in the cup get ur stewards to confiscate that bell.. bet it would make National news that the "character" loses his instrument

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="bradley1"]

-

Regards

David Luker

-

dluker@saintsfc.co.uk

brads1

[/quote]

i mean this in a nice way but the only reaon they havent allowed the drum is that ur "small time" if u had been manchester utd they would of allowed Drums, Horns, probably even a double Bass... because your "only" Bury u arent allowed anything in their spiffing all seater stadium that might make more noise then the stadium announcer coughing at half time.

do us a favour mate.. next time ur drawn against Pompey in the cup get ur stewards to confiscate that bell.. bet it would make National news that the "character" loses his instrument

jas :)

[/quote]

You wouldn''t get that in a national.  Portsmouth Evening News/Bury Times yes.  National, no.  Unless there was a free for all and a great punch up.  Otherwise, no.

I started a thread on here a few months ago for general discussion about bringing a drummer to carrow road. the general concensus was against it. especiallly the ones that didnt want the thing hear them in the stands.  i was also at the leicester game,  when chanted "can you sing without a drum" was asked. the reply was silence. and then the barclay gave a resounding SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH. lol.really there is no need for a drum if the support is good enough and vocal enough like it is becoming at Carrow Road. all a drum or any other means is there for is to compensate for the poor support of the fans. overall, we dont want one, we dont need one. we dont like them and who cares if St Marys doesnt either. let Bury sort out their own issues.