Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Cry freedom for the yellow and green!

There''s a Hole in My Bucket (with apologies to Harry Belafonte)

Glen: Delial! Fetch me some premtypes!

Delia: There''s a hole in our bucket dear Glen, dear Glen

There''s a hole in our bucket dear Glen, a hole.

Glen: Well, fix it dear Delia, dear Delia, dear Delia,

Well, fix it dear Delia, dear Delia, fix it.

Delia: With what shall I fix it ...

Glen: With a stopper dear Delia ...

Delia: The stopper is too pricey ...

Glen: Well, cut it dear Delia ...

Delia: With what shall I cut it ...

Glen: With a loaner dear Delia ...

Delia: The loaner is too pricey dear Glen...

Glen: Well, sweeten it dear Delia ...

Delia: With what shall I sweeten it ...

Glen: With a freebie dear Delia ...

Delia: The freebie is too pricey dear Glen ...

Glen: Well, spin them dear Delia ...

Delia: With what shall I spin them ...

Glen: With promises dear Delia ...

Delia: With what shall I fetch them ...

Glen: With a whopper dear Delia ...

Delia: But there''s nowt in our locker, dear Glen ...

Freedom? From what?

What do you think?

OTBC

spot on BBB and thank Christ there are a few on here that don''t accept all the crap that we keep getting fed. I am really fearful that we will lose Roeder unless he gets some kind of support from the Board. Here we all were, speculating about who we would get in during the transfer window and to date we have sold two for 800k, which would have been great business if that and a bit more had been going the other way. With a lot of other clubs more prepared to show some ambition it would not come as a suprise to find Roeder gone.

• We don''t have any more games until the 29th January
  • The players we want won''t leave their clubs until the clubs are confident that they have cover for their positions.

Given that the 2 above things are true, why would anyone expect us to sign anyone early in the January transfer window ?  I wouldn''t be surprised if it goes down to the 31st for any permanent signings, and after that for loans (so that we get them until the end of the season).  Is it also possible that we''ve been waiting to see how (7 of ) Arsenals'' reserves got on in the Carling Cup before bringing one or two players in ?  Just a thought...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

• We don''t have any more games until the 29th January

• The players we want won''t leave their clubs until the clubs are confident that they have cover for their positions.

Given that the 2 above things are true, why would anyone expect us to sign anyone early in the January transfer window ?  I wouldn''t be surprised if it goes down to the 31st for any permanent signings, and after that for loans (so that we get them until the end of the season).  Is it also possible that we''ve been waiting to see how (7 of ) Arsenals'' reserves got on in the Carling Cup before bringing one or two players in ?  Just a thought...

[/quote]

The trouble with leaving it until Jan 31st !!!!

When DFS have their boxing day sale the ones who get there at 9am have the pick of the store. So why wait until 4.50pm?. All that is there at 4.50pm is the crap that everyone else has not snapped up. The leftovers, the soiled goods etc. We will end up with Ipswich reserve players if we are not careful.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"] I am really fearful that we will lose Roeder unless he gets some kind of support from the Board. Here we all were, speculating about who we would get in during the transfer window and to date we have sold two for 800k, which would have been great business if that and a bit more had been going the other way. With a lot of other clubs more prepared to show some ambition it would not come as a suprise to find Roeder gone.[/quote]

But its Roeder that has the budget. Roeder that sets the

targets accordingly. He already HAS the support of the board. Give one single

example of a transfer that has been refused by the board due to

Do you really expect the club, board or Roeder, to make the figure available

publicly? If Roeder had any suspicion, do you not think he would have already

made some comment? Can you cite a single target that Roeder has proposed with

his valuation that has been refused by the board? Or Grant? Or Worthington? Or Rioch? Or Hamilton

Just exactly what evidence does anyone have that the board

is holding back or refusing funds?

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"] I am really fearful that we will lose Roeder unless he gets some kind of support from the Board. Here we all were, speculating about who we would get in during the transfer window and to date we have sold two for 800k, which would have been great business if that and a bit more had been going the other way. With a lot of other clubs more prepared to show some ambition it would not come as a suprise to find Roeder gone.[/quote]

But its Roeder that has the budget. Roeder that sets the targets accordingly. He already HAS the support of the board. Give one single example of a transfer that has been refused by the board due to

Do you really expect the club, board or Roeder, to make the figure available publicly? If Roeder had any suspicion, do you not think he would have already made some comment? Can you cite a single target that Roeder has proposed with his valuation that has been refused by the board? Or Grant? Or Worthington? Or Rioch? Or Hamilton

Just exactly what evidence does anyone have that the board is holding back or refusing funds?

[/quote]

Own up FFS - you are really Delia exhaling, don''t  it?

OTBC

[quote]Own up FFS - you are really Delia exhaling, don''t  it?[/quote]

...and with your drip drip negativity I''ve come to the conclusion that you''re working for the water board.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"] I am really fearful that we will lose Roeder unless he gets some kind of support from the Board. Here we all were, speculating about who we would get in during the transfer window and to date we have sold two for 800k, which would have been great business if that and a bit more had been going the other way. With a lot of other clubs more prepared to show some ambition it would not come as a suprise to find Roeder gone.[/quote]

But its Roeder that has the budget. Roeder that sets the targets accordingly. He already HAS the support of the board. Give one single example of a transfer that has been refused by the board due to

Do you really expect the club, board or Roeder, to make the figure available publicly? If Roeder had any suspicion, do you not think he would have already made some comment? Can you cite a single target that Roeder has proposed with his valuation that has been refused by the board? Or Grant? Or Worthington? Or Rioch? Or Hamilton

Just exactly what evidence does anyone have that the board is holding back or refusing funds?

[/quote]

Own up FFS - you are really Delia exhaling, don''t  it?

OTBC

[/quote]

At least answer the post properly Bly!. Even if you are not in favour of the board, you tell me what FFS''s just posted doesn''t make common sense???.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"] I am really fearful that we will lose Roeder unless he gets some kind of support from the Board. Here we all were, speculating about who we would get in during the transfer window and to date we have sold two for 800k, which would have been great business if that and a bit more had been going the other way. With a lot of other clubs more prepared to show some ambition it would not come as a suprise to find Roeder gone.[/quote]

But its Roeder that has the budget. Roeder that sets the

targets accordingly. He already HAS the support of the board. Give one single

example of a transfer that has been refused by the board due to

Do you really expect the club, board or Roeder, to make the figure available

publicly? If Roeder had any suspicion, do you not think he would have already

made some comment? Can you cite a single target that Roeder has proposed with

his valuation that has been refused by the board? Or Grant? Or Worthington? Or Rioch? Or Hamilton

Just exactly what evidence does anyone have that the board

is holding back or refusing funds?

[/quote]with the announced transfer budget policy - isn''t this the most obvious example of spin to curry favour with the fans?  Its is almost never the same as the amount spent which can be in either direction.

FFS said - Can you cite a single target that Roeder has proposed with his valuation that has been refused by the board? Or Grant? Or Worthington? Or Rioch? Or Hamilton

How does one respond properly to this? He/she is saying that no manager since before Hamilton has ever had a player acquisition request refused by the board. He/she has patently gone overboard this time and lost it.

OTBC

[quote user="Vern "]The trouble with leaving it until Jan 31st !!!!

When DFS have their boxing day sale the ones who get there at 9am have the pick of the store. So why wait until 4.50pm?. All that is there at 4.50pm is the crap that everyone else has not snapped up. The leftovers, the soiled goods etc. We will end up with Ipswich reserve players if we are not careful.

[/quote]

The difference with DFS is that you don''t have to wait for them to buy a new sofa from World of Leather before they''ll let you buy theirs.