Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Transfer Fund Call

Yea lets bail ou this board of skinflints, i dont think so, put more pressure on the board to spend, if they aint got the money, then why dont they just get out.

I love football. I love NCFC. BUT I cannot justify putting money into a kitty for a Norwich City Player when this could potentially be a waste of money. lets say we raised £500, 000. Do you know how far that could go in a third world country ? That would literally save THOUSANDS of lives and imposible to go wrong.Just shows how short sighted we are as a country.

Football is there for us to enjoy, and by supporting the team we bre the up''s and the downs. I think we would better off letting things run and just apply more pressure on investors & the baord to sort out our transfers. It''s a joke that a team with our gate receipts cannot be more ''prudent'' in the transfer window. They just lack balls. What if we bought Ashton at the start of our Prem campaign ? What if we had got rid of Worthington earlier and played Ashton & Earnie together ?Sorry I really can''t support just ''donating'' money to he club that would most probally be a waste.

I think this is a joke, I pay enough for my season ticket, travel, shirts and crap canaries world for away games!

Now they want me to buy there players for them. Is this a total and utter joke? It has only came up as our board are so tight and pathetic in the transfer market!! Still no striker, Taylor or anybody else and its the 23rd today!! I say put up there own money or sell up to Cullum or somebody that will, besides are the Turners not MULTI, MULTI MILLIONAIRES????!!!!!

I''d do it, I think its a great idea, you have to remember that every football club outside the premiership operates at a loss, because there is just no money going into our leagues. And if this will help us build a decent team then i''m well up for it. If we still had Peter Grant here then I would have been sceptical, but I trust Glenn Roedar would spend the money wisely, and I have every faith in him. I''ve noticed how many people on here have contradicted themselves though, all these people saying how the Turners should pump more money into the club, and how the board should show some ambition and spend more, but there saying they won''t set up a direct debit to the club, so basically they want the club to spend millions on players.... as long as it''s someone elses money? lol it makes me laugh, come on guys get behind this idea, if your fed up of decent transfer targets getting away because we can''t afford them, then get behind this scheme, and watch Glenn take us back to the promised land!!

Fortunately we still live in a democracy and everyone is entitled make their own decision on this matter. For my part, I believe that the millions of pounds received from our year in the Premiership with the subsequent parachute payments, significant profits from player sales and gate receipts from crowds that are the envy of almost every other club in the Championship have been seriously mis-managed despite the soothing words coming from those in power at NCFC. Whilst I choose to continue to fund a season ticket I will not be contributing another penny until I see hard evidence that the comparatively small sum this effort would raise will be better managed than the millions before it which have disappeared with very little benefit to the core business of NCFC.  

[quote user="ricky knight"]Yea lets bail ou this board of skinflints, i dont think so, put more pressure on the board to spend, if they aint got the money, then why dont they just get out.[/quote]

Can''t find much wrong with that sentiment, Ricky.

This whole idea is an insult to hard working supporters who already fork out an increasing proportion of their wages to follow the team they love while fat-cat players swan around in expensive cars and play golf all day.

I actually think that the way forward is to actually get our so highly thought of a academy to stop wasting time and money and produce half decent first team players instead of bench warmers who are never used,  who play half a dozen reserve matches a season against mediocre opposition, and  then go out on loan to lower league clubs only to be eventually transferred. At present, in effect we seem to use our academy to produce players for other clubs - better to stop this waste of money than ask for more funds from supporters.

I am also wondering if the organisers are actually after a FREE season tickets for themselves???!!! Sure they would gain from the idea???

I myself feel it is insulting, we already pay enough and get nothing but restaraunts in return!!!

I am amazed the press have given this ludicrous idea attention, I would like to know where my previous and current spendings are disappearing before spending any more!!!!

the fans would be mightily dischuffed if we signed a complete donkey with the cash too!

This is a pipe dream.. sure the chaps got his name in the paper but it will never happen.. even if it did i doubt it would last long before fans stopped paying in.

jas :)

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

You have faith in Roeder and trust his judgement now. What happens if that faith disappears or Roeder himself leaves and his replaced with someone with the acumen of Grant. What happens when instead of buying a Taylor they buy a Rehman?

Stop contributing? Ask for your money back?

[/quote]

Quite simply - yes. But that loss of confidence is not an instant thing surely? Faith evaporates over time and it''s only with hindsight that a manager''s judgement can be properly scrutinised. There will be many on here who can claim to saying all along that Brellier and Strihavka weren''t up to it but I would only pass judgement having watched a new signing actually play.

So to take your hypothetical scenarios of Roeder signing a series of flops, or leaving and his successor proving a disaster, there may well come a time when you lose confidence and would no longer wish to contribute. In that sense, there are analogies to those people who have given up their season tickets and going to matches because they have lost faith in the board. However the difference is that our season ticket money may be used by the club as it sees fit. In theory any and all funds gathered through the scheme go straight to thetransfer budget.

As stated before, I don''t blame people for not wishing to contribute - I struggle as it is to afford to renew my season ticket - but I am surprised at the apparent negativity towards the idea.

I have one strong reason to be against this. What is there to stop the board ''losing'' this money, by claiming that fees are higher than we originally stated in the press, or indeed that the board would see this as a reason to limit ''their'' input into the present transfer budget, with this external source eventually becoming the sole provider

"Hi Karen, Doomy here"

"Hi. Ringing about "Tiny" again?"

"Yes. Will you accept our offer of 750k? It is the last day of the transfer window"

"I read your supporters have just contributed 250k towards his transfer fee."

"Er...maybe...but we are offerering 750k.."

"I think we''ll settle on a million eh? We were about to give in, but extra money always comes in handy.."

Crispy: "I love football. I love NCFC.

BUT I cannot justify putting money into a kitty for a Norwich City Player when this could potentially be a waste of money."

So its only fair that we only get the board to do exactly this??!! Its all relevant. They pump in thousands because they can afford it. You put in a fiver or whatever you can afford each month. End result: we all show our passion for the club. Who says it has to be spent BUYING a player? It could go on a loan? How can we blame the board (and believe me I''m not a fan of Delia et al) for not spending money they can ''afford'' when we won''t do it ourselves?

I think this would take some major organisation, but it would be so worthwhile.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

I think this is a joke, I pay enough for my season ticket, travel, shirts and crap canaries world for away games!

Now they want me to buy there players for them. Is this a total and utter joke? It has only came up as our board are so tight and pathetic in the transfer market!! Still no striker, Taylor or anybody else and its the 23rd today!! I say put up there own money or sell up to Cullum or somebody that will, besides are the Turners not MULTI, MULTI MILLIONAIRES????!!!!!

[/quote]

Its very sad that you feel that way, but I knew when I started this some wouldn''t want to get involved and thats fine. Please, Please remember THEY don''t want your money I want it to help build a club we can be proud of and this has nothing to do with the club they aren''t asking you for another penny.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

I am also wondering if the organisers are actually after a FREE season tickets for themselves???!!! Sure they would gain from the idea???

I myself feel it is insulting, we already pay enough and get nothing but restaraunts in return!!!

I am amazed the press have given this ludicrous idea attention, I would like to know where my previous and current spendings are disappearing before spending any more!!!!

[/quote]

I find that very insulting to me you don''t know me so don''t judge me and my motives All I am trying to do is help the club I love. I don''t want a free anything I want the best football club we can have. As for ludicrous ideas I have had a great response from Local businesses, so it cant be that ludicrous can it?

This club is not a charity.  I''d be happy to donate some money if it went toward putting a supporter on the board, but to give away hard earned cash with no say-so what or who it goes towards seems silly. Its a nice idea, and a noble one, for that matter, but its just not realistic in any sense whatsoever.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the fans would be mightily dischuffed if we signed a complete donkey with the cash too!

This is a pipe dream.. sure the chaps got his name in the paper but it will never happen.. even if it did i doubt it would last long before fans stopped paying in.

jas :)

[/quote]

Thanks Jas, we will see if its a pipe dream or not, and no I dont need to do this to get my name in the paper. Some of you have some very apathetic views and I will apologise for getting off my computer and trying to do something rather than moaning about lack of money, ambition and transfers etc

The negativity is quite amazing really isn''t it.  I agree with the idea in principle, basically it is setting up a scheme where supporters CAN contribute if they want.  Not everyone is going to and if you don''t that is fine, personally I probably couldn''t afford to at the moment but if circumstances change would love to feel that I was helping my football club.

Ignore the doubters and plough on with the idea I say, if it falls on its face then at least there was an attempt instead of sitting there behind a keyboard whinging. 

Mister Positive - I work in the legal profession and would be happy to provide some assistance if I can be of any help.

[quote user="ellis206"]I''d do it, I think its a great idea, you have to remember that every football club outside the premiership operates at a loss, because there is just no money going into our leagues. And if this will help us build a decent team then i''m well up for it. If we still had Peter Grant here then I would have been sceptical, but I trust Glenn Roedar would spend the money wisely, and I have every faith in him.
I''ve noticed how many people on here have contradicted themselves though, all these people saying how the Turners should pump more money into the club, and how the board should show some ambition and spend more, but there saying they won''t set up a direct debit to the club, so basically they want the club to spend millions on players.... as long as it''s someone elses money? lol it makes me laugh, come on guys get behind this idea, if your fed up of decent transfer targets getting away because we can''t afford them, then get behind this scheme, and watch Glenn take us back to the promised land!!
[/quote]

Duh! We support the club by buying season tickets and shirts, programmes etc etc How big a set of mugs should we be taken for?

If the Board do not have or cannot generate the cash without us having to bail them out then they should get the hell out, this is pathetic, real Mickey Mouse stuff, and we will be the laughing stock. The other city fans I have spoken today are furious and if this type of talk carries on along with no transfer activity then it is going to seriously affect season ticket sales. We have the most season ticket holders in the league, we are consisting selling players and the money is virtually never reinvested, I remember the days of the blanket coming round at half time as a lad, we are heading back there rapidly. Is there not someone out there who can rescue us from this Board? Message to the Board, either put up or pass the club to someone else who will, and don''t say there''s no "idiot" out there with the cash to invest in Championship clubs cos there is. C''mon people have you not seen Stoke spend on Cort and Shawcross? They get crowds of 15000!!!!!!!!.Col Utd are now bigger spenders than us and they get 5000!!!

The idea is not without merit. I see nothing wrong with investing money in an index tracking fund for example, with the specific aim of providing capital for transfers. Isn''t it just the same as investing in anything else.  Couldn''t do any worse than virgin money did with what I gave them. At least I know it''s going to something I approve of. It could guarantee the clubs success for future generations it''s amazing nothing like this has been suggested before. If only all the original supporters in 1905 had put a fiver into a fund then, due to the long term growth of stock markets, property etc...the club would be rich. How inconsiderate of them.

[quote user="Salahuddin"] but I also want to see out major shareholders doing the same thing![/quote]Yeah they haven''t done jack have they? I''ll not stump my fiver up til those stingy Turners put in at least another £2m - how about another £6m from Deals and MWJ....tight fisted *******

I wouldn''t mind giving a tenner one off but as a club we have sold over £15 million worth of players over the past 2 years and got sweet FA in return for all this selling. We have been making a profit on player sales too often.

Support this guys as this only means a larger transfer fund and hopefully better players. Iain has taken the time (unpaid) to firstly arrange appointments and meetings, countless emails and shown a willingness to try and help improve our squad. A team of professionals is being put together and this takes time and effort for the aim of helping the supporters Enjoy higher quality football.

When this is properly rolled out you will see that this just needs support to achieve revenues for the club plus many ways that each of us can donate for the purpose of a larger transfer fund.

Check this original post

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1117391/ShowPost.aspx

Regards

Steve Jacobs

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]Well, if a group of supporters are prepared to try to get this scheme up and running, I wish them well, but I for one will not contribute a penny towards it.[/quote]

I have read many articles on here regarding this and the main fear and objection to the fund is that either people already Spend enough, let take this quote as an example and when we present this properly in its entirity ther will be things that can be done that will generate revenue for the club by:

Just supporting it.... If all of us only used a homepage say conservatively 10,000 fans on our computers how much do you think companies will pay to advertise there?

There are many more ideas like this to also BOOST donations.

Get my point............

JUST SUPPORT IT.......

Steve

I suggest that you get into the real world and examine the latest NCFC accounts and see exactly what financial input the Chairman and Chief Executive have put into the Club.MUNBY holds 200 shares and DONCASTER 100. I for one am unaware of any loans that either of them have made.However it is well documented how much Mr DONCASTER is paid and the Chairmans company is paid for the time he spends on NCFC business. I also recall that a few years back NCFC Supporters Trust had similar grand ideas about thousands of supporters paying £10 a year to join. Good luck to you old boy but it is a non starter !

[quote user="TIL 1010"]           I suggest that you get into the real world and examine the latest NCFC accounts and see exactly what financial input the Chairman and Chief Executive have put into the Club.MUNBY holds 200 shares and DONCASTER 100. I for one am unaware of any loans that either of them have made.However it is well documented how much Mr DONCASTER is paid and the Chairmans company is paid for the time he spends on NCFC business. I also recall that a few years back NCFC Supporters Trust had similar grand ideas about thousands of supporters paying £10 a year to join. Good luck to you old boy but it is a non starter ![/quote]

YOU ARE FOGETTING ABOUT 21ST TECHNOLOGY MY FRIEND..

[quote user="Grando"]Let''s say the average contributor gives £100 a year, then you''re going to need 5,000 people to raise half a million quid, which will only buy a player with potential - a Chris Brown-esque player who half the people on this board will be disappointed by![/quote]

This is the danger, I think.  It would be better for the club to raise season ticket prices and guarantee a proportion of the increase for transfer funds. 

Imagine if we all put in a hundred quid, and then Ian Murray walked through the door... we''d put another hundred in to get shot of him.

At first I thought this was a good idea then as it sunk in further I thought along the lines of Mr Carrow and realised that if money was available from supporters our board would reduce the money for transfers accordingly so that this could be invested elsewhere. As I thought a bit more I wondered how many staff are staying at Dunston Hall (certainly not the cheapest option even with discounts). We have a Chief Executive on a very good wage we are looking for a new Finance Exec probably not a cheap position I began to wonder just how wisely this club is spending its money. I will have to consider it more.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="Grando"]Let''s say the average contributor gives £100 a year, then you''re going to need 5,000 people to raise half a million quid, which will only buy a player with potential - a Chris Brown-esque player who half the people on this board will be disappointed by![/quote]

This is the danger, I think.  It would be better for the club to raise season ticket prices and guarantee a proportion of the increase for transfer funds. 

Imagine if we all put in a hundred quid, and then Ian Murray walked through the door... we''d put another hundred in to get shot of him.

[/quote]

So you are saying that Glenn Roeder has the same ability for spotting talent as Peter Grant does. Look at the players Roeder has brought in compared to what we had, I wouldn''t worry to much on that score. I still can''t understand why there is so much negativity, I am only going to say this once more if you don''t like the idea then don''t get involved, we have the board that we have and little will change so lets try and help and build that Premier League club.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

So you are saying that Glenn Roeder has the same ability for spotting talent as Peter Grant does. Look at the players Roeder has brought in compared to what we had, I wouldn''t worry to much on that score. I still can''t understand why there is so much negativity, I am only going to say this once more if you don''t like the idea then don''t get involved, we have the board that we have and little will change so lets try and help and build that Premier League club.