Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Transfer Fund Call

[quote user="Mister Positive"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="Grando"]Let''s say the average contributor gives £100 a year, then you''re going to need 5,000 people to raise half a million quid, which will only buy a player with potential - a Chris Brown-esque player who half the people on this board will be disappointed by![/quote]

This is the danger, I think.  It would be better for the club to raise season ticket prices and guarantee a proportion of the increase for transfer funds. 

Imagine if we all put in a hundred quid, and then Ian Murray walked through the door... we''d put another hundred in to get shot of him.

[/quote]

So you are saying that Glenn Roeder has the same ability for spotting talent as Peter Grant does. Look at the players Roeder has brought in compared to what we had, I wouldn''t worry to much on that score. I still can''t understand why there is so much negativity, I am only going to say this once more if you don''t like the idea then don''t get involved, we have the board that we have and little will change so lets try and help and build that Premier League club.

[/quote]Surely that''s the negative attitude - "we have the board we have and little will change" - instead of throwing more of our money at the club, why not campaign for change?

[quote user="Fellas"]I wouldn''t mind giving a tenner one off but as a club WE have sold over £15 million worth of players over the past 2 years and got sweet FA in return for all this selling. WE have been making a profit on player sales too often.[/quote]We? We who? You mean the directors who have poured in £m''s of their own money..... or do you consider buying a home shirt every other year, a hundred shares and a season ticket enough to escalate the average fans status in fiscal terms to be on a par with the contribution of the individual board members.One board memeber took out a second mortgage on his house three years ago and is will be paying that debt for the xt 12 years. Can anyone name me a ''fan'' who has done likewiseWE have done naff all. THEY however are a class apart.

[quote user="Mister Positive"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="Grando"]Let''s say the average contributor gives £100 a year, then you''re going to need 5,000 people to raise half a million quid, which will only buy a player with potential - a Chris Brown-esque player who half the people on this board will be disappointed by![/quote]

This is the danger, I think.  It would be better for the club to raise season ticket prices and guarantee a proportion of the increase for transfer funds. 

Imagine if we all put in a hundred quid, and then Ian Murray walked through the door... we''d put another hundred in to get shot of him.

[/quote]

So you are saying that Glenn Roeder has the same ability for spotting talent as Peter Grant does. Look at the players Roeder has brought in compared to what we had

[/quote]

Are you talking about permanent signings, or loan players?  Think carefully.

spot on - all you read on this and other sites from the moaners is that the board should stump up more of their own cash - how ridiculous.  we would all love them to but they do what they can or want to do just as we do.

great idea and happy to support it personally and for the moaners/sceptics the key thing is that it is optional. as most people will do, wait til its organised and have a look at the terms and conditions - then decide. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Positive"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

So you are saying that Glenn Roeder has the same ability for spotting talent as Peter Grant does. Look at the players Roeder has brought in compared to what we had

[/quote]

Are you talking about permanent signings, or loan players?  Think carefully.

[/quote]

I don''t need to think about that,  its any signings loan or permanent

We''re one of the 20-30 ''biggest'' clubs in this country and we''re even considering this idea?! It''s utterly ridiculous at Championship level, and although I can see the positives and totally understand where the idea has come from, this is quite frankly embarrassing and we''d be a laughing stock in my view.

Crack On! Fill yer Boots! Sign those personal cheques and get them in the post......May help in putting a papyrus crust over that Carra Black Hole.

It''s a fuggin'' football club.......allegedly. "Hey bank manager! Here''s £20.00 to go towards recruiting more cashiers and tillers......I want to be a customer of the best bank since Northern Rock.....and it will help to purchase more bubbly for the shareholders party."  

If the board don''t wish to finance the football or generate investment, then why are they on the board?.........Spiffin'' good fun, super social splendour and pretentious prestige......?

May i enquire who has attended these meetings and recieved countless emails as being in the link amongst numerous supporters groups and associations eg.FONCY,NCISA,AMBASSADORS, who have supported financially numerous initiatives over the years the article in todays EDP came as news to all those already involved with the likes of Neil DONCASTER,Andy CULLEN and Ricky MARTIN.

[quote user="Catton Grove Canary"]We''re one of the 20-30 ''biggest'' clubs in this country and we''re even considering this idea?! It''s utterly ridiculous at Championship level, and although I can see the positives and totally understand where the idea has come from, this is quite frankly embarrassing and we''d be a laughing stock in my view.[/quote]

just had to say I love the pic!

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Salahuddin"] but I also want to see out major shareholders doing the same thing![/quote]

Yeah they haven''t done jack have they? I''ll not stump my fiver up til those stingy Turners put in at least another £2m - how about another £6m from Deals and MWJ....tight fisted *******

[/quote]

We are all entitled to our own view on this, but I have to say I really do find some people''s ideas about money - particularly other people''s money and what they should do with it - rather astonishing.   It seems that some are more than happy to insist that others should pile £millions into a club for little return - and vilify them when they ''only'' put in a couple of £million - but then baulk at the idea that they might themselves be asked to put up a few extra ££.

Take the club''s current Board.  Coming at this from a completely neutral standpoint for a minute, we have the Turners (£2m) and Smith/Wynn Jones (£6m to £8m over several years) who have loaned the club large sums of money.  Or should I say ''only'' loaned it, because for some reason that means that they are stingy.  What isn''t quite so ''stingy'' is that their loans are interest free: this means that they are foregoing larger sums of money each and every year than we will probably put into the club in our lifetimes.  On an investment of £2m you would expect an annual return of £100k+, on £8m you''d expect in the region of c£500k as that is the sort of figure you''d get in a bank.  So this is effectively what the ''loans'' are costing the Turners and Smith/Wynn Jones in lost revenue each year.  Perhaps you could call it the cost of their season tickets.  Put it like that, it is not quite so stingy, is it.  And it puts the £350 that I pay for my season ticket into a slightly different sort of context.

Ok, they are millionaires and can probably afford that revenue foregone, but I really do think people don''t even begin to think about things from that side of the fence and perhaps they should do for one moment before spouting off on an anti-board diatribe.  I would never be so bold as to tell other people what they should spend their money on, it is for them to decide - but it seems that using the Board as an excuse not to put funds into this ''transfer kitty'' would be particularly feeble.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

May i enquire who has attended these meetings and recieved countless emails as being in the link amongst numerous supporters groups and associations eg.FONCY,NCISA,AMBASSADORS, who have supported financially numerous initiatives over the years the article in todays EDP came as news to all those already involved with the likes of Neil DONCASTER,Andy CULLEN and Ricky MARTIN.

[/quote]

TIL 1010 , If you are involved with any of the organisations you have mentioned above, then please feel free to contact me at carrowroad66@googlemail.com  and I would be more than happy to answer your questions. In a general response to anyone else who has concerns  regarding other groups that support NCFC, this scheme is being run to support Norwich City in different way, to run along side these other groups that raise funds for the club. Our intentions are and will never be to step on anyone elses toes. As I have stated in earlier posts we all should have one common goal and that is to make Norwich City the best football club we can. My meeting with senior officials at the club was to make sure they were OK with what I wanted to do, and as I said it is independent of the club, and independent of any other supporters groups.

BP- too true. That is not to say the Board have not made mistakes as they publicly admit or that I would not be pleased if the unlikely possibility of new richer investors who genuinely cared about the club occured.

"Hi Karen, Doomy here"

"Hi. Ringing about "Tiny" again?"

"Yes. Will you accept our offer of 750k? It is the last day of the transfer window"

"I read your supporters have just contributed 250k towards his transfer fee."

"Yes that''s right because otherwise we would not have been able to make this offer.."

"Oh how sweet of them! Tell you what,  you can have him for 700k. Best regards to Delia"

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Fellas"]I wouldn''t mind giving a tenner one off but as a club WE have sold over £15 million worth of players over the past 2 years and got sweet FA in return for all this selling. WE have been making a profit on player sales too often.[/quote]We? We who? You mean the directors who have poured in £m''s of their own money..... or do you consider buying a home shirt every other year, a hundred shares and a season ticket enough to escalate the average fans status in fiscal terms to be on a par with the contribution of the individual board members.One board memeber took out a second mortgage on his house three years ago and is will be paying that debt for the xt 12 years. Can anyone name me a ''fan'' who has done likewiseWE have done naff all. THEY however are a class apart.[/quote]Which board member mortgaged their house 3 years ago?  I''m not saying it''s untrue but it seems odd to take out a mortgage during a year in which we made £3m profit according to City''s accounts.

Mr Positive i suggest that if you wish to run alongside others supporters groups that raise funds for the club a brain picking exercise beforehand may well have proved fruitful.I am surprised that at your meeting with senior officials at the club contact details were not requested or given of groups that financially assist the club.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Salahuddin"] but I also want to see out major shareholders doing the same thing![/quote]

Yeah they haven''t done jack have they? I''ll not stump my fiver up til those stingy Turners put in at least another £2m - how about another £6m from Deals and MWJ....tight fisted *******

[/quote]

We are all entitled to our own view on this, but I have to say I really do find some people''s ideas about money - particularly other people''s money and what they should do with it - rather astonishing.   It seems that some are more than happy to insist that others should pile £millions into a club for little return - and vilify them when they ''only'' put in a couple of £million - but then baulk at the idea that they might themselves be asked to put up a few extra ££.

Take the club''s current Board.  Coming at this from a completely neutral standpoint for a minute, we have the Turners (£2m) and Smith/Wynn Jones (£6m to £8m over several years) who have loaned the club large sums of money.  Or should I say ''only'' loaned it, because for some reason that means that they are stingy.  What isn''t quite so ''stingy'' is that their loans are interest free: this means that they are foregoing larger sums of money each and every year than we will probably put into the club in our lifetimes.  On an investment of £2m you would expect an annual return of £100k+, on £8m you''d expect in the region of c£500k as that is the sort of figure you''d get in a bank.  So this is effectively what the ''loans'' are costing the Turners and Smith/Wynn Jones in lost revenue each year.  Perhaps you could call it the cost of their season tickets.  Put it like that, it is not quite so stingy, is it.  And it puts the £350 that I pay for my season ticket into a slightly different sort of context.

Ok, they are millionaires and can probably afford that revenue foregone, but I really do think people don''t even begin to think about things from that side of the fence and perhaps they should do for one moment before spouting off on an anti-board diatribe.  I would never be so bold as to tell other people what they should spend their money on, it is for them to decide - but it seems that using the Board as an excuse not to put funds into this ''transfer kitty'' would be particularly feeble.

[/quote]

I thought the Smiths turned all there loans into shares? So with all the £mils being spent "off the pitch" bumping up the share price when they sell up the Smiths will make money.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Mr Positive i suggest that if you wish to run alongside others supporters groups that raise funds for the club a brain picking exercise beforehand may well have proved fruitful.I am surprised that at your meeting with senior officials at the club contact details were not requested or given of groups that financially assist the club.[/quote]

I gave you the chance to email me earlier but it would appear that you would rather voice your concerns? on this forum. I don''t quite get what the problem is, am I causing you somekind of worries? and as a supporter of 40 years I am aware of what other groups are out there.  So I can''t really see why the club would want or need to point me in the direction of other groups that financially assist the club, as we are doing something that has a different structure to what is already provided.  I have been asked  by one of the groups to have a chat with them and  discuss what I am trying to achieve, which I am happy to do. Please remember that we all have ONE AIM.  If you wish to speak to me use my e-mail and I will provide you my phone number.

I have heard some stuff in my time but this just takes the P*ss, your certainly not getting a fiver via direct debit from me. The board is responsible for this mess, they have had plenty of funds over the past few years and probably still do. what a joke.

I am not concerned about what you are attempting to achieve nor am i in the slightest bit worried but your blinkered vision with regard to what is financially achievable is laughable.Another thread on this site talks of 20,000 paying £10 a month . If you think that it is realistic just get the club to put £100 on all season tickets.Job done. You obviously are unaware that the world is in financial turmoil and a credit crunch is on the cards for 2008.The supporters trust had a vision of 20,000 members when they started out at £10 a year let alone £10 a month and from day one they have amassed 500 members so their hope of enough shares to get a seat on the board is light years away.I love the bit on the other thread that if a player is purchased with money from the "fund" if and when he is sold the "fund"is repaid with NCFC keeping any profit.Obviously you will be privy to the undisclosed fees ?

We''ll go on a charity fun run for your transfer fund if, you go on one for the £30m that Sheffield Utd will look for in the summer. Second thoughts, could we make that a walk instead?

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Fellas"]I wouldn''t mind giving a tenner one off but as a club WE have sold over £15 million worth of players over the past 2 years and got sweet FA in return for all this selling. WE have been making a profit on player sales too often.[/quote]We? We who? You mean the directors who have poured in £m''s of their own money..... or do you consider buying a home shirt every other year, a hundred shares and a season ticket enough to escalate the average fans status in fiscal terms to be on a par with the contribution of the individual board members.One board memeber took out a second mortgage on his house three years ago and is will be paying that debt for the xt 12 years. Can anyone name me a ''fan'' who has done likewiseWE have done naff all. THEY however are a class apart.[/quote]Which board member mortgaged their house 3 years ago?  I''m not saying it''s untrue but it seems odd to take out a mortgage during a year in which we made £3m profit according to City''s accounts.[/quote]Attack the barclay 1st half. Why should I keep putting more and more money into the club each year. I have Uni to worry about and whether I''ll have enough money not to be bankrupt for the next 20 years after it. The board sanctioned those transfers and if not (earnie and ethuhu), they resposnible for them leaving. I am sick and tired of every season for the past 15+ season of norwich selling their best players. When will the board learn, it doesn''t work. You can''t just sell players and not invest in new ones. When we use the 7+ million we made in the summer on transfers, then I might be willing to accept the board has finally invested in the team.I love how you say the board members who have put money into the club. Delia? No actually she got more shares and it was loan, so nope she''s not lost money. The turners! ah of course, nope another loan/share issue. But doomcaster and mungby! they put loads of their HARD EARNED money into the club don''t they. No?! Well. That myths been blown out of the water. Smudger would be proud.