Sign in to follow this  
Fat Dazza

Holding out for a hero!!

Right then people, the story on here today about Dion retiring, and Hucks maybe on his way, gave me a melancholy I could not understand. Why do I feel this way? I asked myself. I will tell you why I felt like this!

Ever since I first went to see NCFC in 85 I have had a hero. Drinkell, Hodgson (sorry, I was young, I knew no better!!), Gordon, Gunn, Sutton, Eadie, Fox, Bellamy, Roberts, Goss, Huckerby. All have fit the bill. All have made me think, we might turn this round yet cos <please insert name> may do something !

So, next summer, when the season starts in August, who do I put my faith in? Who is the one who will pull the rabbit out the hat? What do you lot think?

[quote user="inch_high"]Cureton, He''ll find his form. Have faith.[/quote]

I don''t think we can afford to wait that long

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Fat Dazza"]

Right then people, the story on here today about Dion retiring, and Hucks maybe on his way, gave me a melancholy I could not understand. Why do I feel this way? I asked myself. I will tell you why I felt like this!

Ever since I first went to see NCFC in 85 I have had a hero. Drinkell, Hodgson (sorry, I was young, I knew no better!!), Gordon, Gunn, Sutton, Eadie, Fox, Bellamy, Roberts, Goss, Huckerby. All have fit the bill. All have made me think, we might turn this round yet cos <please insert name> may do something !

So, next summer, when the season starts in August, who do I put my faith in? Who is the one who will pull the rabbit out the hat? What do you lot think?

[/quote]

Yay, Horsford.  I grew up there.

Sounds like you''ve always had a thing for strikers or wingers.  In that case, and if he carries on the way he''s going and can stay off the pies, Lee Croft might be the man.

Ha Ha Ha! Funniest post of the year award.

Of the current crop only Croft has that ability to excite. Perhaps one of the younger lads will kick. Perhaps Bally Smart will be the next in an illustrious line of wingers to grace the City team (Foggo, Neighbour, Barham, Gordon, Fox, Eadie, O''Neill and Hucks).

Gary, "the Doc" Doherty.

You won''t laugh when next season he scores the winning goal in the play off final! :)

hate to say it but told you all in summer, cureton done nothing impressive in his career bar 18 good months at colchester

least he was cheap, but to expect your 30+striker to be goal machine he isnt no kev phillips. norwich need to look elsewhere, he''ll pop up with 10-12goals for you tops, but is that really enough? yes for this season, but you guys were expecting playoffs 12 goals hardly prolofic