Sign in to follow this  
Vern

Last night I heard Glenn Roeder............

.........singing a song, He said, Oi Munby, wheres the money gone???????.

If you join us Glenn we will promise you a healthy transfer kitty for January so you can strenghen the team.

You can just picture it cant you?. Glenn Roeder has been taken for a fool and to make it worse he has to make out that he is the one who is unwilling to part with the money. Insult to injury.

Now I may be wrong but I have been waiting 23 days for some sort of action and so far we have seen very little. So many clubs are making good signings and we get a Bulgarian on trial who we cant sign anyway, a triallist goalkeeper from America etc.

Yes we got Matty Patty and a loan from Chelski but why do we have to be left behind every single time. Our supporters are the best in the land. 25000 turn up to every home match and yet we are still short changed every single time.

I dont want to even be compared to the likes of Smudger etc because I actually think the board do a good job but frustration is building and I reckon they need to do something soon.

Sorry about the rant but it had to be said.

how do you know this for a fact? maybe roeder doesnt just go out and buy willy nillly crap players. maybe the mrket is inflated and glenn doesnt think they''re worth it.

It will probably be best if Roeder doesn''t bother to bring anyone in. He is no doubt an excellent judge of a player and if the players aren''t there then we should go with what we have. We need to still get rid of more players though.

[quote user="Beaker"]how do you know this for a fact? maybe roeder doesnt just go out and buy willy nillly crap players. maybe the mrket is inflated and glenn doesnt think they''re worth it.[/quote]

I never said it was fact. Just my opinion.

[quote user="Vern "]

I actually think the board do a good job but frustration is building and I reckon they need to do something soon.

[/quote]Like.....what? They have made the money available.  Its up to Roeder unless you want the board to bring in players over the managers head a la ChelskiWhat is it you''d like them to do?

[quote user="tribes"]It will probably be best if Roeder doesn''t bother to bring anyone in. He is no doubt an excellent judge of a player and if the players aren''t there then we should go with what we have. We need to still get rid of more players though.[/quote]

You''ve raised a good point there tribes, but all we need are injuries to two or three key first-team players and then we''re a bit stuck aren''t we? In response to that, I suppose you could say "Well why not put two or three youngsters in then if that happens", but I just don''t think that a lot of the youngsters we have in reserve are up to it, which is why we need to strengthen the squad with two or three more players during this window. As long as they are the right players that Roeder needs, then we can move further up the table.

I don''t think that Roeder will be letting anymore go until the summer - I think he''s got rid of who he wants to for now.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Vern "]

I actually think the board do a good job but frustration is building and I reckon they need to do something soon.

[/quote]

Like.....what? They have made the money available.  Its up to Roeder unless you want the board to bring in players over the managers head a la Chelski

What is it you''d like them to do?
[/quote]

The money is available is it?. You are sure about that?

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]

They have made the money available. 

[/quote]

Have you seen the cheque book?  There is no evidence to support your statement.

[/quote]

There is no clear evidence either way.

The only people who know how much is or isn`t available are those at the club. We can speculate all we want but until the accounts are out , NOONE on here will know

Personally, I think there is some money available but that Glenn has not seen the quality he wants for the price HE wants to pay.

HE made it quite clear that HE would not pay over the odds for players at this time of year in an article a few weeks ago. 

I trust his judgement. 

[quote user="Beaker"]how do you know this for a fact? maybe roeder doesnt just go out and buy willy nillly crap players. maybe the mrket is inflated and glenn doesnt think they''re worth it.[/quote]Spot on - I think the market is inflated. Just look at the price some of the players are being labelled with. Koumas is a good example, the only place that he was able to hold down a regular place in the team was Tranmere and yet his price esculates everytime he moves!

"There is no clear evidence either way."

True, but going by recent history Vern is quite likely to be right. Have you got the impression that decent money has been available to managers over the last two and a half years? If so why have we signed mainly wasters on freebies or a few hundred K?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

True, but going by recent history Vern is quite likely to be right. Have you got the impression that decent money has been available to managers over the last two and a half years? If so why have we signed mainly wasters on freebies or a few hundred K?

[/quote]

Vern may well be right but by the same premise he may well be wrong too.

Whether money has been available previously may be an indication of what will happen in future or it may not!

IMO the signing of "mainly wasters" has more to do with the judgement of the manager at the time than whether he has cash to spend.

Too much of the opinion on here is basd in total guesswork around the figures available. Only at the end of the accounting year can anyone make judgement and then only in hindsight - which is apparently 20/20

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Me wrong??. That is not possible. How rude !!

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Whether money has been available previously may be an indication of what will happen in future or it may not!

IMO the signing of "mainly wasters" has more to do with the judgement of the manager at the time than whether he has cash to spend.

Too much of the opinion on here is basd in total guesswork around the figures available. Only at the end of the accounting year can anyone make judgement and then only in hindsight - which is apparently 20/20

[/quote]

Managers are judged on their record, as are players and even to an extent a clubs supporters. I don`t see why a board of directors should be any different. By the way every player Worthy signed for £500k plus after promotion- bar Hughes- was sold at a profit or became an important first team regular, whilst virtually all the freebies and cheapo`s were flops. If you think that Worthy regularly had the funds to sign £500k plus players after relegation you are dreaming.

As for the figures being guesswork, the board stated after the sale of Earnshaw and Etuhu that all money received in the transfer market was available to be re-invested in the team. This season we have sold £6.3m of players and spent £2.5m so most of the difference should be available to spend shouldn`t it? Even if you allow a very generous £1m for loans there is still a difference of £2.8m. Or were they telling porkies? [^o)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Managers are judged on their record, as are players and even to an extent a clubs supporters. I don`t see why a board of directors should be any different. By the way every player Worthy signed for £500k plus after promotion- bar Hughes- was sold at a profit or became an important first team regular, whilst virtually all the freebies and cheapo`s were flops. If you think that Worthy regularly had the funds to sign £500k plus players after relegation you are dreaming.

As for the figures being guesswork, the board stated after the sale of Earnshaw and Etuhu that all money received in the transfer market was available to be re-invested in the team. This season we have sold £6.3m of players and spent £2.5m so most of the difference should be available to spend shouldn`t it? Even if you allow a very generous £1m for loans there is still a difference of £2.8m. Or were they telling porkies? [^o)]

[/quote]

Whilst you are correct in stating that the money for transfers out was promised as reinvestment money, you can still only guess how much is left after loans etc. So, until the accounts are published, noone will know if the board are telling porkies.

For all we know, that money may well still be available to GR but HE has decided where and how much he needs to use in January.

I think he will spend more before the end of the window but believe he is purely working on a target of safety this season and will undertake major restructuring in the summer to push next year. But these are only my thoughts and are based in nothing but my opinion. There are no facts to back this up.

In the same way that there are no facts to back up 95% of what is published on these boards.