Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Just seen Aaron McLean on Sky Sports....

score a cracking goal, and i like what i see.He''s been mentioned before and he''s banging in the goals, if were not gonna get the likes of Ameobi on loan, and clearly were not gonna be splashing any cash on premier reserves, so the only option is the Norwich way of pulling gems from the lower leagues.Ive always touted Jermaine Beckford at Leeds as being such a gem, altho nobody else does, including Roeder, so ill forget that one.Aaron McLean however looks a different prospect, he reminds me of David Nielsen, pacey and a nuisance up front, he could be a signing that would have the same impact as Leon McKenzie, lower leagues, cheap and banged in the goals that fired us to promotion.We know what the boards attitude is, prudence and all that, but it seems in this transfer window that theyve even dropped away from even that. McLean would represent the perfect target in my opinion. Surely wouldnt cost much and would be worth a gamble to see if he can perform at a higher level. The lad looks super confident and im sure he would be an improvement to our shot shy front line.I take it Roeders not interested tho, he only seems keen on trying to bring in prem strikers on loan. Which so far has proved a dead end!

mclean is highly rated, but he came out start month saying he believe p''boro going places and he wants to commit to them and help them acheive their goal as they helped him get to this stage.

if p''boro dont go up and get 1m+ offer in summer i wouldnt be suprised to see him go, but for mean time i very much doubt he go

beckford i saw the other week live, he inconsistant and always tries to beat a defender for the 2nd time instead of shooting. good player but rumours were derby were willing to pay 3m thats to much. 1m maybe have him at that price. he not consistant in front of goals i.e he''ll score 5 in 5 then go 5 without etc..

last year there seemed loads talent leagues beneath. this year there not that many standout players which come to mind bar commons and mclean

I have been going on about this player for weeks now. See my post Aaron Mclean goal machine. Scored 23 goals so far this season and will easily get over 30. Currently he is the top scorer in England. Quite a few people came out with "He won''t be good enough in the championship" and "To much of a gamble". But how do we know this without taking a chance on him. From what i have seen of him, he is way better than what we currently have. I watched Ameobi the other day and i thought he was very very poor. So who do you go for? A player on top form, banging in goals for fun or go for a player, who has been playing reserve football for months because of his poor form? How much it would cost in wages to bring in Ameobi on loan for the rest of the season, the money would be better spent on Mclean to bring here permanently.