Sign in to follow this  
Libbra Lives in Dubai

Arrogant cliques and self important posters

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Peter Hain was arrogant and self important........Look what happened to him......I just hope it doesn''t stop there.[/quote]

Planning to resign any time soon Mello ?

Me neither... [:)]

[quote user="Libbra Lives"]

A deliberately provocative title to get people''s attention - sorry, and yes the title is ironic!  However, I''m a little surprised at how seriously some members of this site take themselves.  This is for a number of reasons:

• There seems to be an ethos of attacking people''s integrity when they post unsubstantiated rumours.  Rumours are unsubstantiated by nature so why attack someone who is only trying to start a discussion, share their thoughts, or at worst have a laugh

• There seems to be some sort of ''cliquey'' hierarchy associated with the number of posts you have next to your name.  It is almost as though your opinions are more valid by warrant of how many posts you have and you are dismissed if you dont have too many.  Lots of people on this site dont post as actively as others but have been members and regular viewers for several years.  And anyway, surely we should be welcoming new members.

• If someone posts something as a joke, is it necessary to all pile in on them like a pack of wolves.  For me humour has a place in this forum and lots of people post really funny stuff that is appreciated by the majority

Banter is a huge part of football, but it can be friendly.  With some of the recent threads I''ve come away with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.    

[/quote]

I ain''t gonna bite, you self-righteous person you,

perhaps you should change your user name to "Mr. High and Mighty"

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Libbra Lives"]

A deliberately provocative title to get people''s attention - sorry, and yes the title is ironic!  However, I''m a little surprised at how seriously some members of this site take themselves.  This is for a number of reasons:

• There seems to be an ethos of attacking people''s integrity when they post unsubstantiated rumours.  Rumours are unsubstantiated by nature so why attack someone who is only trying to start a discussion, share their thoughts, or at worst have a laugh

• There seems to be some sort of ''cliquey'' hierarchy associated with the number of posts you have next to your name.  It is almost as though your opinions are more valid by warrant of how many posts you have and you are dismissed if you dont have too many.  Lots of people on this site dont post as actively as others but have been members and regular viewers for several years.  And anyway, surely we should be welcoming new members.

• If someone posts something as a joke, is it necessary to all pile in on them like a pack of wolves.  For me humour has a place in this forum and lots of people post really funny stuff that is appreciated by the majority

Banter is a huge part of football, but it can be friendly.  With some of the recent threads I''ve come away with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.    

[/quote]

[/quote]

Erm - I think you just did bite.  Its just more evidence condemning your petty sniping I''m afraid

I find it very interesting that this thread seems to have turned into a kind of exposee of the very people it was referring to.  To those who think I was being self righteous in bringing this up, I think you may have misunderstood my point.  I''m not for everyone holding hands and singing ''we are the world'' together while listening to Cliff Richards.  All I''m saying is that people should have the right to come on here without getting personal abuse.

Yours sincerely,

The man who was made of chocolate and ate himself

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Libbra Lives"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I haven''t read any of what you have written but surely this is a case for the mods making avatars larger and far more prominent.

Mark .Y.

PS stop arguing you lot 

[quote]I''m not for everyone holding hands and singing ''we are the world'' together while listening to Cliff Richard[/quote]And why not exactly ? Sounds great !  Although I hope that Cliff Richard is singing the same tune, otherwise things could get messy.  All together now...[;)]

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Libbra Lives"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I haven''t read any of what you have written but surely this is a case for the mods making avatars larger and far more prominent.

Mark .Y.

PS stop arguing you lot 

[/quote]

Not really sure how that is relevant to this thread but I''m not so sure myself, imagine seeing Smudgers bloody "boatrace" in supersize?

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Libbra Lives"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

PS stop arguing you lot 

[/quote]

Not really sure how that is relevant to this thread but I''m not so sure myself, imagine seeing Smudgers bloody "boatrace" in supersize?

[/quote]

It isn''t really - I just felt like commenting on norfolkbroadslim''s avatar, yours doesn''t look too bad either Marty.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Libbra Lives"]Jas - of course you are entitled to your opinion.  And I''m entitled to my opinion that you voice your opinion in an slightly nasty and confrontational style.  Is there any need?  We''re all on the same side aren''t we? Anyway, I wasnt asking anyone to stop doing it - simply saying that I didn''t like it much[/quote]

i just say what i feel to be totally honest mate... "say it as i see it" if u will.. of course we are all on the same side and want the best for the club... but no one will agree 100% all of the time will they.. life would certainly be boring if we all did that!

Its probably more of the fact that i have a very dry and Sarky sense of humour, one which some people may not appreciate. each to their own! Keep up the good posting either way.

i cant change my opinion or the way i see things for anyone im afraid.

[quote]King of the Barclay?
King of -- all.
[/quote] Its an Internet user name my friend, not a statement of fact... altghough, yes.. your right... i am the king of all! ;)

jas :)

Yes Mark Y, you have a point, but I doubt my Mrs would appreciate it, I think 1/2 a square inch or her derierre is enough or she''ll give me grief!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Peter Hain was arrogant and self important........Look what happened to him......I just hope it doesn''t stop there.[/quote]

Planning to resign any time soon Mello ?

Me neither... [:)]

[/quote]

Nah, if I went, the whole of the Pink''un forum - would go all serious and sensible.......and cliques and self important posters'' would write in, in protest against the cliques and self important posters'' that are seemingly more cliquey and self important than they think they are......an'' all that.....stuff. But, those who write in just want to be in the clique anyway - where as I''m an independent unimportant individual who prefers to not be in a clique.....but just wants to be loved......by everyone.[:|]

Anyway, I''m not a norty, norty, honourable ''but forgetful'' politician and Government Minister......I''m squeaky clean......

Fairplay - these forums are always in danger of getting a bit "tit for tat" and sarcasm can be lost in translation on t''internet.  The key thing for me to remember is that we are all on the same side.  I guess we shouldnt forget what time of year it is and that we''re all a bit edgy about SIGNING SOME EFFING DECENT PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="we8wba"]why does everyone get worked up? calm down calm down (scouse accent)[/quote]

funnilly enough i was thinking the same thing reading this thread.

[img]http://www.fotothing.com/photos/ce5/ce59d486c3cda3dccdb69009d4cf16ec.jpg[/img]

[quote user=" Desi Rascall"]

[quote user="we8wba"]why does everyone get worked up? calm down calm down (scouse accent)[/quote]

funnilly enough i was thinking the same thing reading this thread.

[img]http://www.fotothing.com/photos/ce5/ce59d486c3cda3dccdb69009d4cf16ec.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Mark Lawrenson!!!! lol!

jas :)

[quote user="Libbra Lives"]

I find it very interesting that this thread seems to have turned into a kind of exposee of the very people it was referring to.  To those who think I was being self righteous in bringing this up, I think you may have misunderstood my point.  I''m not for everyone holding hands and singing ''we are the world'' together while listening to Cliff Richards.  All I''m saying is that people should have the right to come on here without getting personal abuse.

Yours sincerely,

The man who was made of chocolate and ate himself

[/quote]

Shut up Mr. Fatty Cadbury Cannibal.

P.S. I was joking with my other post, but obviously you think I fall into the category "of the very people you were referring to". 

Anyway, why not just post, "people should be free to post what they want without getting personal abuse".  More people than you think dish out personal abuse (not just the ones that instantly spring to mind).  Some are direct, some give abuse to just one or two posters, i.e smudger, beaker, Arthur Whittle, receive abuse regularly (just because their views may be extreme, does this give others the right to abuse them) some people are more periodic, some people are subtle, or say it in a devious  round about way.

I am not saying you have and I am not going to trawl through posts, but have you ever typed anything on here which could be considered as abuse, Libbra Lives?

I probably have, can''t think what.  But I have been recipient of it too (been called a racist on here).

Libbra lives I am just shocked you care so much!I know what you mean about the board, but come on there are people on here who have managed to clock up thousands of posts in a year, or dont support the team.  Dont worry about what others write, there are still others of us that read the posts and think people say sensible things, but dont necessarily say anything.As for the transfer rumour thing, its just because of the half term where we had hundreds of new posters all with rumours and it got boring, but other than that I think people should share them and feel free to do so.