Sign in to follow this  
Libbra Lives in Dubai

Arrogant cliques and self important posters

A deliberately provocative title to get people''s attention - sorry, and yes the title is ironic!  However, I''m a little surprised at how seriously some members of this site take themselves.  This is for a number of reasons:

• There seems to be an ethos of attacking people''s integrity when they post unsubstantiated rumours.  Rumours are unsubstantiated by nature so why attack someone who is only trying to start a discussion, share their thoughts, or at worst have a laugh
  • There seems to be some sort of ''cliquey'' hierarchy associated with the number of posts you have next to your name.  It is almost as though your opinions are more valid by warrant of how many posts you have and you are dismissed if you dont have too many.  Lots of people on this site dont post as actively as others but have been members and regular viewers for several years.  And anyway, surely we should be welcoming new members.
  • If someone posts something as a joke, is it necessary to all pile in on them like a pack of wolves.  For me humour has a place in this forum and lots of people post really funny stuff that is appreciated by the majority

Banter is a huge part of football, but it can be friendly.  With some of the recent threads I''ve come away with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.    

you''ve got no right to say that with a mere 103 posts!

So you are saying the post on Russels gloves was ok then? good, it was my personal favourite post of the week.

To be fair I do agree, I regularly loiter around these forums to see whats happening to my team and how people think we are faring, but in the past few months people do seem to enjoy getting their handbags out. An Example are some of beakers posts, they have been put up to wind people up and people are taking the bait, smudgers posts, and a recent one about gossip from dunston hall.I enjoy reading these forums as I live in Swansea and don''t really get any local gossip and am afraid to say probably know more about the swans at the moment than the canaries. But I don''t like trawling through pages and pages of crap where people are slagging each other off and trying to better each other.  ThanksAdam

[quote user="Libbra Lives"]

A deliberately provocative title to get people''s attention - sorry, and yes the title is ironic!  However, I''m a little surprised at how seriously some members of this site take themselves.  This is for a number of reasons:

• There seems to be an ethos of attacking people''s integrity when they post unsubstantiated rumours.  Rumours are unsubstantiated by nature so why attack someone who is only trying to start a discussion, share their thoughts, or at worst have a laugh
  • There seems to be some sort of ''cliquey'' hierarchy associated with the number of posts you have next to your name.  It is almost as though your opinions are more valid by warrant of how many posts you have and you are dismissed if you dont have too many.  Lots of people on this site dont post as actively as others but have been members and regular viewers for several years.  And anyway, surely we should be welcoming new members.
  • If someone posts something as a joke, is it necessary to all pile in on them like a pack of wolves.  For me humour has a place in this forum and lots of people post really funny stuff that is appreciated by the majority

Banter is a huge part of football, but it can be friendly.  With some of the recent threads I''ve come away with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.    

[/quote]Such a cogent and reasoned post for someone with an Arnold Schwarzenegger avatar... ;)

Marty - what do I have to do to get some of those fancy ''marbles'' that are under your name?  I feel that the award of said marbles would increase my self esteem and quality of life no end.  :)

There are some funny posts on here too - you''re right.  I personally sniggered at the war between WE8WBA and Beaker 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Libbra Lives owns the board.. ergo we have to do what he says *bows down and kisses his feet*

jas :)

[/quote]

Case rested!!!!!

I personally sniggered at the war between WE8WBA and Beaker 

[/quote]

i live to give

Marty - what do I have to do to get some of those fancy ''marbles'' that are under your name?  I feel that the award of said marbles would increase my self esteem and quality of life no end.  :) 

[/quote]

Those marbles are like the McD''s stars.....at the moment i am a measley cleaner with only 1, you will earn your marbles Libra and one day will be like Jase and have more marbles [;)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Libbra Lives owns the board.. ergo we have to do what he says *bows down and kisses his feet*

[/quote]

i think you were one of the people he was on about in the first place

[/quote]

i wouldnt mention wolves on here just little tip

as to my war with beaker i dont have problem with him, i have more problem with c.t who critisise everything i say no matter if useful or not

beaker is just pure comedy, dont know why people knock him, yes he can get annoyin but his one liners are priceless

Well said !

Removing myself from the Dunston post and trying to take an overall objective view... being on the end of all that really wasn''t very pleasant.

I DO understand why some people may get p***ed of with all the false rumours... but I was very genuine and excited about what had happened... because it WAS so out of the ordinary... how often to you get to chat with senior members of the club staff... and for 20 minutes one on one...

I wanted to share this with everyone because I was so excited. I really didn''t expect the reception it got.

If I was told a load of cock and bull then so be it... but I WAS told it!

If these boards continue to behave in such an aggressive and hostile manner then I fear they will be reduced to the domain of a very small minority. Is that what we... or they... really want?

I look on here all the time for snippets of information to feed on. Trust me there is noone more frustrated than me at the moment. But I want people to keep posting them up. I think it is fairly easy to differentiate between who is bulling and those posters who maybe have a tadge more credibility.

I think that as a board of posters we have a collective responsibility to treat eachother with a bit of respect. Banter is one thing but some of the vitriolic posts my thread attracted were way way over the top and personal.

At the end of the day I am not an enemy or a scummer... I am a fellow die hard Norwich fan who... like everyone else... is desperate for the club to succeed and do well.

I did however appreciate the many posts of support and will endeavour to do the same for anyone else getting an unfair and unwarranted verbal mauling.

Ultimately this board will be whatever we as the posters make it. Each of us have a responsibility to behave fairly and with respect. If not the board will die and then we will all be the losers..

[quote user="we8wba"]

as to my war with beaker i dont have problem with him, i have more problem with c.t who critisise everything i say no matter if useful or not

beaker is just pure comedy, dont know why people knock him, yes he can get annoyin but his one liners are priceless

[/quote]

im welling up, getting all emotional and forgiveness is running through my viens.

hang on what am i going to do now??????

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Libbra Lives"]

[/quote]

Those marbles are like the McD''s stars.....at the moment i am a measley cleaner with only 1, you will earn your marbles Libra and one day will be like Jase and have more marbles [;)]

[/quote]Can you ''lose your marbles'' for posting rubbish? Something to think about, mods? ;)

There are some funny posts on here too - you''re right.  I personally sniggered at the war between WE8WBA and Beaker 

[/quote]

As someone points out you get them by posting more, but the comparison with McD''s stars is devaluing them in my opinion, I think these marbles have more kudos than McD stars.

[quote user="Worcester Yellow"]

I think that as a board of posters we have a collective responsibility to treat eachother with a bit of respect. Banter is one thing but some of the vitriolic posts my thread attracted were way way over the top and personal.

[/quote]

They weren''t half as vitriolic and personal as some of your responses, however.

[quote user="Beaker"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

probably.. but then im entitled to my opinion as much as the next poster... if he doesnt like that fact then he will have to learn to live with it wont he?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Beaker"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

probably.. but then im entitled to my opinion as much as the next poster... if he doesnt like that fact then he will have to learn to live with it wont he?

[/quote]yeh !  and, well, nur !

Jas - of course you are entitled to your opinion.  And I''m entitled to my opinion that you voice your opinion in an slightly nasty and confrontational style.  Is there any need?  We''re all on the same side aren''t we? Anyway, I wasnt asking anyone to stop doing it - simply saying that I didn''t like it much

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Beaker"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]King of the Barclay?King of -- all.