Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana (All Grown Up)

Which Left Winger Would You Choose???

I believe that ew have 4 left wingers at our club camable of playing at LM/LW but who should play there??

Lappin-Not the quickest but a great crosser of the ball!!

Huckerby-Has the speed but beats the man then gturns back and tries to beat him again and loses it most of the time

Pattison-Good in the tackles but prefers playing in CM?

Bertrand-Quick and livley and also great croser of the ball but when he does cross the ball it goes to far occasionally

I would choose BERTRAND!! So what about you?

I still like Hucks to be playing if not from the start then from the bench, he still is the one player in our squad that scares other teams. He may not still have the pace he had before, but he would still be in most of the teams in the league. As for starting, I would give Plastic a go, he looked lively and had a good cross, Lappin could still play apart in our squad, he does have a lovely cross. I prefer to play Patterson in the middle, competing for places with Rusty and Fozzy.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Bally Smart

jas :)

[/quote]

That''s the problem with trying to be clever.  Smart is actually a right winger, but never mind.

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1223271,00.html

Of course, the official site could be wrong and you could be right.

[/quote]

he''s a left winger on footy manager! lol

Hucks. Get fit soon mate. How olds he now? 32? In the modern game he shouldn''t be over the hill yet, so hope he gets that hip sorted.

[quote user="barlodona"]but 1st choice would be hucks but only when he is fully fit[/quote]enough of playing with 10 men when we lose the ball.....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Bally Smart

[/quote]

That''s the problem with trying to be clever.  Smart is actually a right winger, but never mind.

Must admit.........Everytime I saw him play for MK Dons he seemed to play down the left.

[/quote]

Without a doubt, when fit Hucks HAS to be first choice to play down the left. The only reason he hasn''t been his old self this year is because of his dodgy hip.

Even when he doesn''t have a good day (To his standards) he still is effective. He will always either skin his man & create a chance OR he will get either a free or a throw in. Also, most teams double up on him & leave spaces elsewhere on the pitch. Since his arrival he has been the best player at the club (Ashton?) & will be until he leaves! All you doubters will see the real Hucks again after his injection.

The transfer window is still open. You can buy Luis Boa Morte from us  if you''ve got a couple of coins in your pocket! No? I did''nt think you would, we''ll try Dagenham FC instead. 

mabye the only one but my choice is lappin cus hes the only one (apart from fozzy) who can whip in a dead ball and produce quality crosses

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Bally Smart

[/quote]

Must admit.........Everytime I saw him play for MK Dons he seemed to play down the left.

[/quote][/quote]

To be fair to Jas, I also thought he played on the left wing.

But how could the official site be wrong?!

<<That''s the problem with trying to be clever.  Smart is actually a right winger, but never mind.

Of course, the official site could be wrong and you could be right.>>

Jas is of course right. He has played on the left of midfield since joining City''s academy, although he did have a spell in centre midfield right at the beginning. So, yes, the official site has got it wrong. However, he is equally adept off both feet, so he can swap easily, unlike Huckerby  and Croft who are rather one-footed.