Sign in to follow this  
Macca

Taylor snag

[quote user="Macca"]

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3074920,00.html

We could be in trouble... he isn''t going to wait forever....

[/quote]

Well I wouldn''t blame him if he signs for WBA, doesn''t have to move, can retain his premiership wages and will most likely be in the Premiership next year.

And all we had to do 3 weeks ago is up out £750k offer to £1m and he would have been ours.

Its in the papers and on several websites , never mind Glen knows what hes doing (or so some would have us believe) .

just about to post this lol, was talking someone on here earlier and said i heard nout about it

still nothing in the local paper which very good for information, got told about ebanks-blake 4-5hrs before it was announced. so dont know if they just got this from the papers this morning or if anymore to the move to wba. suprised if they sign him as they have cesar, barnett, albrachten who play centre half

wondered if just paper talk though as no quotes from birmingham or wba to suggest a move

If he signs for WBA I shall be very pissed off.  He could have been our player 24 days ago if we were prepared to match a very reasonable price tag.Do you reckon we could hire Smudger for another 1 man protest against this?

Maybe we could look to bring in Justin Hoyte on loan from Arsenal, he can play right-back or central defender, and then try for a decent central defender on a permanent move in the summer when the prices are less bonkers ?

I''ve got a feeling that Birmingham won''t be able to get anyone in, and Taylor will end up on the bench for them until they arrange a loan.

the crazy thing is you were prepared to pay 700-800k werent you? taylor helped start this mini revival and seems daft the board wont stump up 200k extra in my opinion

I reckon that Brum are putting this out to raise awareness that Taylor is still available and hope that this could possibly push the price up or hope that we up our bid as we have the only firm bid on the table but does not meet there valuation.Roeder knows that Taylor wants to come here and wont pay what Brum want for him.Its risky but i''m confident that Roeder knows what he is doing.....!!

This deal has the 31st Jan written all over it unless they sign Cahill before then.........

Up to now nobody apart from QPR has been interested in Taylor have they??

[quote user="rudenotto69"]

Was 750k bid not mentioned by Karen Brady a while back or have i missed something?

[/quote]I thought we had made a concrete bid of 750k, which was turned down.

[quote user="rudenotto69"]

Was 750k bid not mentioned by Karen Brady a while back or have i missed something?

[/quote]

BUT didn''t that contradict a comment from this end that we hadn''t made a bid? There was also speculation that we may have made a verbal enquiry but we didn''t make a formal, written (presumably what you take to be a firm) offer.

This reminds me of the Hulse "offer".

I, personally, would not read to much into this as the only indication of any interest is quoted from the Mirror. No direct quotes from B`ham, WBA or anyone. The story is padded out with quotes from  O`neill about Cahill.

Glenn will get his man if he really wants him but will not pay over inflated prices at this time of year. This has ( IMO ) nothing to do with whether we have the money and everything to do with what Glenn wants to pay. If we don`t get Taylor, then it will not be the end of the world. After all, results have not been too bad over the last few weeks.

I would prefer a striker first to convert some of the chances we are creating.

[quote user="McCanary"]

If we don`t get Taylor, then it will not be the end of the world.

[/quote]It will be if Shackell or Doherty (or both) get injured or suspended

any time soon. We desperately need both a centre back and a centre

forward before the end of the window.

January 7

“VIOLET ELIZABETH here.” I do a double-take before realising Glenn Roeder had read my Sun piece about him “screaming, screaming till I’m sick” because we wouldn’t sell him Martin Taylor at a bargain-basement price.

As Spurs chairman texts me “You want Harrods quality at Woolworths prices”, Glenn and I compare brains. We’ve both had brain ops. He doesn’t care what the papers say, it has to be better than being six feet under. No question.

FROM KAREN BRADYS SUN DIARY

[quote user="we8wba"]

January 7

“VIOLET ELIZABETH here.” I do a double-take before realising Glenn Roeder had read my Sun piece about him “screaming, screaming till I’m sick” because we wouldn’t sell him Martin Taylor at a bargain-basement price.

As Spurs chairman texts me “You want Harrods quality at Woolworths prices”, Glenn and I compare brains. We’ve both had brain ops. He doesn’t care what the papers say, it has to be better than being six feet under. No question.

[/quote]

From that rambling nonsense, is it fair to suggest that Glenns'' "op" was more successful ?  Or is she dumbing down to the point of being unreadable ?

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="rudenotto69"]

[/quote]
I thought we had made a concrete bid of 750k, which was turned down.
[/quote]

bit steep for a bit of slab paving hey?

[quote user="we8wba"]

January 7

[/quote]

Brain ops in your part of the world. They are called transplants mate, not ops.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="we8wba"]

January 7

[/quote]

From that rambling nonsense, is it fair to suggest that Glenns'' "op" was more successful ?  Or is she dumbing down to the point of being unreadable ?

[/quote]

blahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahaa

please change your pic, i could easily tell you from before, i didnt even realise it was you sunshine.

[quote user="we8wba"]

January 7

[/quote]

Karen Brady sounds like a vitriolic, self absorbed bint to me

[quote user="Beaker"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="rudenotto69"]

[/quote]I thought we had made a concrete bid of 750k, which was turned down. [/quote]

bit steep for a bit of slab paving hey?

[/quote]Good value when compared to £17 million for Darren Bent, mind.

[quote user="we8wba"]the crazy thing is you were prepared to pay 700-800k werent you? taylor helped start this mini revival and seems daft the board wont stump up 200k extra in my opinion[/quote]The board would put the money up in a heartbeat if asked to by Roeder. He though, has publicly stated his valuation and is, quite rightly, sticking to it.Nothing to do with the board

[quote user="we8wba"]

As Spurs chairman texts me “You want Harrods quality at Woolworths prices”[/quote]

More TK Max than Harrods

[quote user="we8wba"]

blahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahaa

please change your pic, i could easily tell you from before, i didnt even realise it was you sunshine.

[/quote]

As soon as we sign someone, I will...

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Macca"]

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3074920,00.html

We could be in trouble... he isn''t going to wait forever....

[/quote]

Well I wouldn''t blame him if he signs for WBA, doesn''t have to move, can retain his premiership wages and will most likely be in the Premiership next year.

And all we had to do 3 weeks ago is up out £750k offer to £1m and he would have been ours.

[/quote]

Very true, I know which one I would choose in his situation, there is a lot less hassle for him.

[quote user="we8wba"]the crazy thing is you were prepared to pay 700-800k werent you? taylor helped start this mini revival and seems daft the board wont stump up 200k extra in my opinion[/quote]

I still don''t think that GR wants to pay more, whether he is being restrained by the board or not, but I do think he is stubborn and if he values someone at a price, I reckon he would stick to his guns and not pay for it. But the board will get the flack for it, and quite rightly so if they don''t want to stump up the money, but if GR does not want to pay for it, will the message board slag him off or trust him with his judgement?