Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Brellier, Strihavka, A. Hughes, Worthington, Duffy, McVeigh, Briggs and Helveg

I dont think you can really complain about the service that Worthington or McVeigh gave the club, Worthy gave 4 good years and then ran out of ideas, and McVeigh just needed a change, but they both gave it their all.

Briggs played a total of 50 minutes for us... if thats enough to judge a player as Rubbish then there something wrong!

jas :)

is this some kind of gag? i think it sort of passed me by...p.s. did keith briggs ever play a full game for us?

I liked Helveg as a player and McVeigh did ok for about 18 months the rest.......

I would prefer to bring back Ashton, Tiny, Scottie Parker and Greeno if we are getting wishes....Delia if you have a spare 20 million squid could we please have those players back.  Thanks

actually.. Thomas Helvegs run in the side in the premiership (chelski mistake apart.. but i still think thats down to the players around him rather than Thomas himself) led to us nearly staying up with improved performances...

he spent years at 2 of the biggest clubs on the planet and won trophies galore! the fact he even pulled on the yellow and Green is a feat in itself that should be remembered.. Nice chap too! I met him at an open day

[quote user="Boba Fett"]

I liked Helveg as a player and McVeigh did ok for about 18 months the rest.......

I would prefer to bring back Ashton, Tiny, Scottie Parker and Greeno if we are getting wishes....Delia if you have a spare 20 million squid could we please have those players back.  Thanks

[/quote]

What about David Beckham, he did have a trail here once, i''d have him back like a shot!

i also want back:

C.Robinson, Steve Walsh, Tony Cottee, Paul Crichton, Mark Rivers, Doug Livermoore, Danny Gay, Jon Newsome, Rob Newman and Robet Chase

[quote user="Beaker"]

i also want back:

C.Robinson, Steve Walsh, Tony Cottee, Paul Crichton, Mark Rivers, Doug Livermoore, Danny Gay, Jon Newsome, Rob Newman and Robet Chase

[/quote]

Newsome was a good player for us! id have him back.. not now though.. he is old.. and crocked... he sells cars in Sheffield Apparently

[quote user="All in Yellow"]

in my humble opinion this thread outs Beaker as not only a wind up merchant but also not having much knowlege of the ability of the players/staff.

[/quote]

your humble opinion would of course be correct, sir

When Roeder realises he can do better than little old Norwich, i say we certainly get Worthy back! Was a ''worthy out'' guy at the end of his reign, but Granty managed to turn me into a ''Worthy back'' guy.

We Want Worthy Back! Long Live King Roeder..

i want elvis hammond back and carl robinson, what a player, almost as good as mark fotheringham

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Briggs played a total of 50 minutes for us... if thats enough to judge a player as Rubbish then there something wrong!

[/quote]

Agreed. I saw Briggs play in the reserve team many times and

always thought he was excellent. Strangely enough he made Rivers look good -

they overlapped and covered each other perfectly. I suspect most posters on

here never saw him at all. Saw him play LB a couple of times too – looked much

better than Dreary who is one of those Emperors clothes mysteries to me....

I never rated Easton, Notman,

Henderson,

Malky,  Nielson, Svenson….all had their

fans though……each to his own

It''s strange Worthy is still derided in parts - yes - he stayed too long but he was our most successfully since Walker remember he got us to Cardiff with a team that included Mcveigh, easton, rivers, mulryne, nielsen at. Not such a bad achievement none of the players of that era have ever touched success like that since.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Agreed. I saw Briggs play in the reserve team many times and always thought he was excellent. Strangely enough he made Rivers look good - they overlapped and covered each other perfectly. I suspect most posters on here never saw him at all. Saw him play LB a couple of times too – looked much better than Dreary who is one of those Emperors clothes mysteries to me....

I never rated Easton, Notman, Henderson, Malky,  Nielson, Svenson….all had their fans though……each to his own

[/quote]

You never rated Malky Mackay? are you being serious? releasing Malky Mackay upon promotion and replacing him with Gary Doherty was the single worst mistake that this club has made in the last decade, a leader on and off the pitch and prone to far less mistakes than Gary Doherty, how can you not rate somebody that achieved three successive promotions from the championship with three different teams, played for Scotland and Celtic, and wore his heart on his sleeve. Malky Mackay to me is more of a legend than Huckerby will ever be and deserved to be given the chance in the premiership with Norwich at a time when he was playing the best football of his career. Boothroyd rated him and I rate Boothroyd, so thats enough for me. I would have Malky in the squad even now. Worthingtons betrayal of Malky Mackay was the lowest point in his reign in my opinion and I know from speaking to a number of past players that Malky held more respect in the dressing room than any other member of the playing squad OR NON PLAYING SQUAD.

As for Svensson, he scored some of the most important goals we have scored in the last twenty years at a time when Iwan was struggling and we couldnt afford Crouch, helping significantly to the championship title. He was never a premiership player but I would swap any of our current strikers for a 30 year old svenson, evans included.

Easton and Henderson were of course pathetic examples of professional footballers and Nielson was distinctly average. I thought that Alex Notman did everything right except score and was probably the unluckiest attacking player in our history, but retired at a very young age and had bags of potential.

[quote user="ryank"][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Agreed. I saw Briggs play in the reserve team many times and always thought he was excellent. Strangely enough he made Rivers look good - they overlapped and covered each other perfectly. I suspect most posters on here never saw him at all. Saw him play LB a couple of times too – looked much better than Dreary who is one of those Emperors clothes mysteries to me....

I never rated Easton, Notman, Henderson, Malky,  Nielson, Svenson….all had their fans though……each to his own

[/quote]

You never rated Malky Mackay? are you being serious? releasing Malky Mackay upon promotion and replacing him with Gary Doherty was the single worst mistake that this club has made in the last decade, a leader on and off the pitch and prone to far less mistakes than Gary Doherty, how can you not rate somebody that achieved three successive promotions from the championship with three different teams, played for Scotland and Celtic, and wore his heart on his sleeve. Malky Mackay to me is more of a legend than Huckerby will ever be and deserved to be given the chance in the premiership with Norwich at a time when he was playing the best football of his career. Boothroyd rated him and I rate Boothroyd, so thats enough for me. I would have Malky in the squad even now. Worthingtons betrayal of Malky Mackay was the lowest point in his reign in my opinion and I know from speaking to a number of past players that Malky held more respect in the dressing room than any other member of the playing squad OR NON PLAYING SQUAD.

As for Svensson, he scored some of the most important goals we have scored in the last twenty years at a time when Iwan was struggling and we couldnt afford Crouch, helping significantly to the championship title. He was never a premiership player but I would swap any of our current strikers for a 30 year old svenson, evans included.

Easton and Henderson were of course pathetic examples of professional footballers and Nielson was distinctly average. I thought that Alex Notman did everything right except score and was probably the unluckiest attacking player in our history, but retired at a very young age and had bags of potential.

[/quote]

Malky and the Doc are essentially the same player, both big, Lumbery, Slow and wrap their arms around opposition strikers.. the only difference is that Malky scored more often...

as for malky getting 3 promotions, the doc got promoted with Luton and has played in Europe with "tottingham" he has als represented his country and scored for them...

as for Worthys betrayel of Malky... Both Nigel Worthington and Alan Pardew released Malky after promotion to the premiership.... Look at Watfords form after Malky was replaced from the team as well in the premiership....

not saying Malky is a bad player.. far from it... but are 3 managers wrong?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ryank"][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Malky and the Doc are essentially the same player, both big, Lumbery, Slow and wrap their arms around opposition strikers.. the only difference is that Malky scored more often...

as for malky getting 3 promotions, the doc got promoted with Luton and has played in Europe with "tottingham" he has als represented his country and scored for them...

as for Worthys betrayel of Malky... Both Nigel Worthington and Alan Pardew released Malky after promotion to the premiership.... Look at Watfords form after Malky was replaced from the team as well in the premiership....

not saying Malky is a bad player.. far from it... but are 3 managers wrong?

[/quote]

So because they have the same physical characteristics then they are the same player? what about Malkys leadership skills? what about the fact that Malky never missed a header? what about malkys ability to clear every ball at first attempt? I think that if its differences that you need to look for then you only need to look at the goals conceded whilst malky was here and the goals conceded whilst doherty has been here. I think you will find that promotion would not have been achieved if we swapped that fleming-mackay partnership for a doherty-shackell partnership, the most similar player that I have seen to Malky is Martin Taylor and it will be a travesty when he moves to west brom. We have been crying out for a centre back ever since we let him go, we werent crying out for a centre back when we had him. As for West Ham releasing him, you cannot compare our situation with west hams..... the fact is that they could afford Upson and we bought Doherty. Last year for Watford he was past his best, my issue was with us releasing him 3 years prior to that Jas, thats like me saying that Alan Shearer isnt very good because no premiership clubs would sign him now, because i wouldnt have said that three or four years ago. Besides, Aidy Bothroyd (another one to slip through the net) has of course retained Malky Mackay as a coach because of his leadership skills, and I trust Boothroyds opinion over Worthingtons or Pardews any day of the week. Just like he is wise in approaching Justin Hollman another person we have lost, and just like he is after Martin Taylor a player that we should be signing.

Sorry but I just think that a vast majority of people would pick Malky over any of our centre backs since relegation to the championship in 95, Danny Mills included.

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

[quote user="Beaker"]i want them back.[/quote]

I assume you''re taking the pee. Why does everyone take these posts so goddam seriously?

[/quote]

i want hughes and strihavka back and i am being serious!!!!!

my reasons:

hughes because he always gave 100%

strihavka because he never got the chance to show what he has got!