Sign in to follow this  
stroud canary

WBA Dont want Tiny

Good spot. This saga is really dragging out. I would rather it settled one way or the other.

I know Tiny is good - but 29 champ defender for 1 million? Either way for me. However we do look worrying thin at the back, maybe roeder feels if we get an injury we can get an emergency loan from wenker at arsenal.

We cant really afford a quality defender or striker in this window, i hope and believe Roeder is saving the money for the summer. I just hope he is not on some other clubs shopping list.

I wish Glen would just up the bid and have done with it just to put us all out of our misery!  I can''t stand the wait and this news of WBA making a bid is making me distinctly nervous that we''re going to miss out on Tiny!  Enough already!

as i said i will believe it went theres quotes from ToMo about wanting taylor, by all accounts they only need this goalkeeper to challenge keily and thats all they wanted with the window, they wanted l.moore as well but he wont be going due to the great form produced by baggies 3rd striker bednar at the moment

Could be or could even be Ms Brady or someone at Brum spreading rumours to the press to put pressure on City and Glenn. I still think he will be our player by the end of January

norwich should put up or shut up

either bid 1m today or come out and say you dont want him

norwich basically hanging on till last minute hoping price will drop i feel

I think it''s a done deal at a compromised rate ... ie 750k cash plus add ons to boost the overall value to 1m. I think the only thing stopping the deal now is Birmingham failing to sign a defender as replacement, and it''s not through lack of trying. As soon as Birmingham capture a defender target, Tiny will be ours. I also think the WBA bid is genuine, they''ve seen an opportunity to offer 1m cash over our 750k and add ons. No mention that the bid has been accepted though. I find it equally baffling that nobody else has lodged a bid, maybe they''re told he''s already agreed terms elsewhere.

Birmingham MUST sell Tiny this January, otherwise he leaves for free in the summer. He''s leaving Brum within the next 7 days.

It''s all very interesting.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Glenn would appear to be content to wait til the last minute in order that he doesn''t pay an inflated fee i.e. above the level that he values Taylor at which isn''t 1m. Will be interesting to see who (in anyone) budges

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

I wish you would shut up!!!!

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

I actually agree with you! We''ve messed around with Taylor - will he wont he come- for far too long.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

What a load of tosh, would you pay £10k for a car that you feel is only worth £7.5k?  It''s birmingham and his agents that are playing games, personally i think Norwich should hold strong as they are the only club in for him... Why outbid yourself?!

If other interest appears they then need to decide if he''s worth the extra, it''s not a case of simply wanting him or not!

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]We have. We put our bid and walked away. Roeder said iot was a fair offer for Taylor and thats that (though I suspect there''s a small concession we''re holding back to help Brady save face)Its the fans who should stop wetting their knickers. The more desperate we appear, the stronger it makes Birmingham.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

We have. We put our bid and walked away. Roeder said iot was a fair offer for Taylor and thats that (though I suspect there''s a small concession we''re holding back to help Brady save face)

Its the fans who should stop wetting their knickers. The more desperate we appear, the stronger it makes Birmingham.
[/quote]

makes good point, more norwich come out and say they need him the more stock value he is worth, obvisouly norwich will wait last day now, but seems really silly to me, he was your player on jan 1st if you wanted him! you will sign him 30/31st jan

that month without him could really of cost you, i know it hasnt but you could been sucked right back in the relegation zone without valuable player

for sake 150k-200k more could of been difference of championship or league 1 or even playoff push or midtable

[quote user="Gloucester canary"]

Hopefully this is true ..

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/mail/2008/01/24/michal-danek-keen-on-albion-move-97319-20389358/

[/quote]

WBA are quoted as saying the rumour is "wide of the mark".  It''s a classic piece of spin that could mean anything or nothing.  It does suggest that the rumour is not correct in every detail, but what rumour ever is?

The rumour I have heard is that we were granted permission to talk about a deal with the player - as Roeder said and was reported in the paper, the player had agreed the terms.The rumour is that the player was told that if we could get him for no more than say £750k his wages would be higher than if he cost us more in which case his wages would be less. If this is true maybe he is also be holding out untill the end of the transfer window.To be honest I don''t understand the situation. We would have to have permission to talk contracts with the player which means that we must have at least sounded out a price.My theory is that everything was set and then in comes Brady''s mate from QPR and offers more - all of a sudden we apparently are taking the mick and a loan extension is denied.

IMO nobody else wants or is able to attract Taylor. If he was going to go anywhere other than Norwich he would have gone by now. His agent may be trying to stir things up a bit but thats it. He will be here by the end of the window and we will have done a good bit of business,after all we clearly havnt got much money to spend. To a club like us regrettably £250k is a lot of money so we have to take the a risk and hope it pays off. I would rather be in a position where we are prepared to pay a bit over the top to get what we really want, unfortunately thats not the way for us.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

We have. We put our bid and walked away. Roeder said iot was a fair offer for Taylor and thats that (though I suspect there''s a small concession we''re holding back to help Brady save face)

Its the fans who should stop wetting their knickers. The more desperate we appear, the stronger it makes Birmingham.
[/quote]

Quite true - there hasn''t actually been much said about Taylor from the club this month, almost all of it has come from internet boards - first he was 100% going to Leicester, then the binners were bidding for him, then it was (or wasn''t) a dead cert that he was signing for WBA this weekend....and all along there has been this - imo - slightly strange idea coming through from some posters that he is somehow the be all and end all to life as we know it, with more and more desperate sounding posts as the month (and rumours) wore on.

It has always seemed to me that Brum would let him go either when they signed a replacement or at/near transfer deadline day, whichever came first.  Whether he then came here was up for conjecture, but it did seem that the club sold itself pretty well to him so we stood a good chance.  I guess we will find out in the next week, but I for one will be glad when this transfer window closes and one way or another we can put this all behind us for a while, as it has to be said it has got rather boring!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]We have. We put our bid and walked away. Roeder said iot was a fair offer for Taylor and thats that (though I suspect there''s a small concession we''re holding back to help Brady save face)Its the fans who should stop wetting their knickers. The more desperate we appear, the stronger it makes Birmingham.[/quote]

Quite true - there hasn''t actually been much said about Taylor from the club this month, almost all of it has come from internet boards - first he was 100% going to Leicester, then the binners were bidding for him, then it was (or wasn''t) a dead cert that he was signing for WBA this weekend....and all along there has been this - imo - slightly strange idea coming through from some posters that he is somehow the be all and end all to life as we know it, with more and more desperate sounding posts as the month (and rumours) wore on.

It has always seemed to me that Brum would let him go either when they signed a replacement or at/near transfer deadline day, whichever came first.  Whether he then came here was up for conjecture, but it did seem that the club sold itself pretty well to him so we stood a good chance.  I guess we will find out in the next week, but I for one will be glad when this transfer window closes and one way or another we can put this all behind us for a while, as it has to be said it has got rather boring!

[/quote]

aside from roeder dropping a few hints. he mentioned he doesnt like to pay the going rates for players early on the window and more recently mentioned that he has been trying to persuade ''her'', ''her'' assumed to be Brady, that his offer if over the odds.so i believe in doing that hes just reassured us that hes still in the hunt. i have a feeling alot may happen this week... having said that i also said i had a feeling we would beat plymouth at home park.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]IMO nobody else wants or is able to attract Taylor. If he was going to go anywhere other than Norwich he would have gone by now. His agent may be trying to stir things up a bit but thats it. He will be here by the end of the window and we will have done a good bit of business,after all we clearly havnt got much money to spend. To a club like us regrettably £250k is a lot of money so we have to take the a risk and hope it pays off. I would rather be in a position where we are prepared to pay a bit over the top to get what we really want, unfortunately thats not the way for us.[/quote]I think there is more to this than people realise. I actually do think we have the money to have got him for £1million but I have to agree with Roeder in that he is not worth it. People bang on about how good he is - and yes he is good, but he hasn''t got buckets of pace. He is a great signing for this level of football and so £750k is a good offer. By that I mean he solves our defencive problems at the moment, but should we ever look at promotion with him he will be 29/30 (assuming we go up next season) and so would only be half of the answer for the prem.The other thing is - don''t people think its weird that we have signed Camara on loan again considering he is out of contract soon? And the fact that he is getting in more loans/trials?My guess is that Roeder is saving up the money we are getting at the moment for his real targets in the summer. Then he will have a greater sum of money to use and longer to weel and deal meaning that we should get better vfm and possibly more oppertunities to sign players.I think he will sign us enough players for us to get up to mid-table and consolodate this season. In the summer he will try and spend bigger to get in the quality. And to be honest I can''t blame him. A good example is Ameobi - we were never going to get him whilst there are still injury doubts hanging over Owen and Viduka, and form doubts over Smith and Martins not to mention possible new signings. In the summer this will all become a lot clearer.

Are WBA the most attack minded team ever to have played in recent years? They seem to have no holding, battling, tackling midfield. They are truly impressive. Good luck to them, and lets get behind their defence at Carra!

You all seem to forget "Tiny" scored 2 goals while he was with us. Ched Evans has scored only 3 !

The guy is just what we need, whether playing with Doc or Shacks he made a BIG difference to our back 4. It looks to me as though Brum & us are in disagreement over 200K (ish). While this is a lot of money to me (or you), in footballing terms its peanuts!

For gods sake stop mucking about & get him in !! Then get in a striker..... who can score & we are set. It is high time the bored stuck their hands in their (very deeeep) pockets & shelled out some dosh for players. That''s not just a Delia dig, it includes the Turners, Foulger ect.... & while we are about it how much money has mumbles put into Carrow Road ?????

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]IMO nobody else wants or is able to attract Taylor. If he was going to go anywhere other than Norwich he would have gone by now. His agent may be trying to stir things up a bit but thats it. He will be here by the end of the window and we will have done a good bit of business,after all we clearly havnt got much money to spend. To a club like us regrettably £250k is a lot of money so we have to take the a risk and hope it pays off. I would rather be in a position where we are prepared to pay a bit over the top to get what we really want, unfortunately thats not the way for us.[/quote]

I think there is more to this than people realise. I actually do think we have the money to have got him for £1million but I have to agree with Roeder in that he is not worth it. People bang on about how good he is - and yes he is good, but he hasn''t got buckets of pace. He is a great signing for this level of football and so £750k is a good offer. By that I mean he solves our defencive problems at the moment, but should we ever look at promotion with him he will be 29/30 (assuming we go up next season) and so would only be half of the answer for the prem.

The other thing is - don''t people think its weird that we have signed Camara on loan again considering he is out of contract soon? And the fact that he is getting in more loans/trials?

My guess is that Roeder is saving up the money we are getting at the moment for his real targets in the summer. Then he will have a greater sum of money to use and longer to weel and deal meaning that we should get better vfm and possibly more oppertunities to sign players.

I think he will sign us enough players for us to get up to mid-table and consolodate this season. In the summer he will try and spend bigger to get in the quality. And to be honest I can''t blame him. A good example is Ameobi - we were never going to get him whilst there are still injury doubts hanging over Owen and Viduka, and form doubts over Smith and Martins not to mention possible new signings. In the summer this will all become a lot clearer.
[/quote]

I have thought that to Chicken, infact I have said somewhere on here not so long ago that we would get just enough to survive and wait till the summer for are targets. We all know the January sales are over inflated and a pain in the bum. Again on Taylor, I agree with you, he is getting on a little and is not prem class, but I want him here as much as the anybody and believe that GR will not pay over the odds for any player, he will not get bullied by players, agents or managers etc, he is waiting untill Brum get a bit worried and then they call us. It is a very dangerous game he is playing and if we lose him because he will not pay the money, then so be it on his head and actually so be it. I trust him to get the right players in, just wish he would get some in now. One other thing, I think I can recall him saying that there is not one player that has been bought, that he thought he has missed out, now maybe he is saying the word of the Pinkun board at the moment, spin, but you look at what players have been bought and sold, he is right except maybe Shawcross and Edwards of Wolves scum. Probably I have missed a lot of players, but we need quality and not quantity.

I agree with Chicken. Lets not hit the panic button yet.  In the grand scheme of things, it doesn''t matter if we finish 18th or 13th in the league this year.  As long as GR does what he needs to for us to compete for a top 2 (or 6) spot for next year, its fine by me.

[quote user="Norfolk Chance"]

I bet those rumours about WBA offering £1m for Tiny were started by his agent trying to get Norwich to pay more for the player

More transfer money means more money for the agent. I hope thats the case anyway.

[/quote]Gee whizz....you think?Durrrrrrr