Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet This Weekend.

Now all you lovely old Pickers on the Free Bet thread , I have some exciting news for you all ,Sat at 2 o''clock there will be a presentation to F.O.N.C.Y from Billy Dixon of Dixmar Racing with a cheque for the Academy with the money  we have won . This will be held at Dixmars betting shop on Reepham Rd , Not only will this involve F.O.N.C.Y but also the Pink Un .The sub Editor has already said he needs pictures and what a wonderful story of how it all came about , which he needs to know about .

Now the whole organisation the e- mails the phone calls of getting this going was down to one man , Nutty Nigel. who has worked like a Trojan with his contacts with Norwich City.

He has worked like something close to 10 weeks to bring this to a culmination , I am so proud of him as I am sure his family are  who will be at the presentation  , and I hope all you local Pickers will be there as well to honour the man . So all you City fans there is no game this week so come to that small bookmaker on Reepham Rd , small in stature but as big as the sky in my eye .

I hope to be there as well , but I will be lurking in the shadows , because this day belongs to Nutty Nigel , If I manage to get there it will only be to salute the man and thank him .

So how many of you pickers want to get your likeness in the Pink Un ? Who wants to meet Billy Dixon the Gem? and more important who wants to meet the man Nutty Nigel ? and shake his hand ? talk to you all later .[Y] arrdee.

Count me in arrdee. Be good to meet other posters and put some names to faces. Bit hesitant about meeting Blah though after letting him down last week !   [:$]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Count me in arrdee. Be good to meet other posters and put some names to faces. Bit hesitant about meeting Blah though after letting him down last week !   [:$]

[/quote]

I don''t think you need worry "Lapp" If "Blah" gets there I am sure he will only kick you 5 or 6 times .

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

I''m not the vindictive type lappin, my daft fault for trusting you [:)]. I have prior duties, but wish all who attend well.

It''s been my pleasure to work along side Arrdee as all this unfolded. I helped where ever I could but as I have told Arrdee many times - he is the master craftsman and I am just his labourer. So I hope as many posters as possible turn up to support Arrdee and Billy Dixon on Saturday.

The two reasons I tried so hard to make this presentation possible rather than just have a cheque sent off to the academy were because I believed that Dixmar Racing should get this recognition for freely sponsoring the bet and also so that the posters who take part each week see that the money is actually being raised and presented to the academy.

Of course Arrdees free bet thread is an ongoing thing now and we aim to win many more times. Although it won''t be possible to have a presentation every time, we can probably do another one at the end of the season. Everything is in place now and hopefully soon we should have a place on the FONCY website so people can see that we are actually helping the Academy.

The proudest man in all of this is Arrdee, so please turn up to support him and help me make sure he doesn''t stay in the shadows.

Now all you lovely old Pickers we must get back to making selections for the weekend in order to help Norfolkchance 1 .so lets be having your "nap" of the day you lovely old Pickers [Y]arrdee."Yankee"1st&2nd.

i would say liverpool, but theres no value in adding this game into the mix

Watford V Wolves - Home win (1/1 around)

my wolves not had best things, but found form last week with our new signings, unfortnetly the edwards is cup tied via liverpool 1st leg and silvain ebanks-blake is also cup tied. so it will be the same old wolves who couldnt win for 2months

watford at home are strong, and i expect wolves not to be in the hat, best we can hope for is replay. so odds 1/1 will be nice booster to the coffers

A little bit of a risky one this...

Crewe - Swindon : Away win - 7/4 with oddschecker.com - Form Comparison

Pros :

Swindon unbeaten in the last 6 matches (3 wins 3 draws), recent away win against Yeovil.

Crewe''s last 10 matches - 1 win, 2 draws, 7 defeats.

Cons :

Swindon''s season away record is 2 wins, 5 draws, 5 defeats.

Crewes'' poor performances home and away make it likely, however, that Swindon will get their 3rd away win on Saturday.

First of all may I say how good it is that Nutty nigel has managed to get someone from FONCY for the presentation, I can''t make it unfortunately but am always delighted to help out the free bet thread.

I''m going to mix and match this week so I would welcome Cup and League selectons, and also naps from abroad.

I''ve tried a couple of FA CUP only bets myself thinking it was straight forward only to find teams like Luton holding Liverpool.

Good Luck everyone

For my pick, I am finding the Conference the most reliable destination, as some teams just do not seem to belong.  I am picking an away win for Stevenage over Farsley Celtic.  Just a case of 2 teams going in opposite directions.

My Bristol Rovers to beat Barnet in the FA Cup. The glory Gashead boys have already seen off Fulham and are unbeaten in over a month. Up the Pirates!!

The pick of the lower scottish leagues (again).Raith Rovers to beat Berwick at home (42pts to 12, 22 matches each) at 6/17orHamilton Accademicals away to Clyde (45pts to 22, 22 & 21 matches resp) at 11/10.I''ll go with the first one as the better bet.

The nap this week has to be:

PSV Eindhoven to beat Excelsior

Top team against the bottom. Excelsior are pig fodder away from home having taken 2 points out of 30. The only risk is if PSV players decided to party on Friday night.

How about Cambridge Utd for a home win against Altrincham in the Conference?  Cambridge in the playoffs, unbeaten at home in the league, won 5-0 last time out.  Altrincham have a poor away record, only won twice since mid-November, struggling just above the drop zone.  Must be a home banker.

Are we able to African Nations Cup matches this weekend ardee?If so my nap is Egypt to beat Sudan.Egypt hammered a good Cameroon team in their last match, 4-2. Sudan lost 3-0 to Zambia and are rock-bottom of the group. Egpyt are current champions and I expec them to walk this.Looks like 1/4 at most places.

Feeling more confident this week (reverting back to my tried and trusted formula) so....

Darlington vs Macclesfield     HOME WIN.

Good luck norfolkchance1

Now Fellas I am sure Dixmar will take any thing we can throw at them . They will do all they can to get us a win for the Academy. Looking at the fixtures this weekend I looked at 7rews selection as usual which is nailed on . I also looked at A C Milan who only have to turn up to win . Now I am going for a crazy "nap" I am saying the team that scored 9 goals last week will lose at Brechin . So its the craziest "nap " ever Brechin to beat Peterhead  [Y] [B] [B] arrdee.

Oops.  I guess I should read the fixyures a bit closer.  I picked Stevenage over Farsley Celtic, but that game seems to have just kicked off today (Thursday?!?).  So we''ll see how my picking goes without losing anything.

For my real pick, I''ll take Swindon away win at Crewe.

Droylsden  v Kidderminster Harriers - AWAY win.

Droylsden lost last 2 games 5 nil, rock bottom of Blue Sq Prem, Kiddeminster form steady all season.

Leeds Canary

Got to fancy Chelsea to win away at Wigan, Chelsea have been just awesome lately still in the title race and a superb performance last night at Everton, got to gancy them against struggling Wigan especially with calamity Bramble in defence.

Well, Sam Russell''s tip of the day is Peterboro to beat West Brom. They have been fliying lately, not sure how, must be drinking red bull, but they have been scroing loads of goals lately and so have West Brom, but i fancy the lower league team to take this one with that Maclean banging the goals in, come on the posh.

2-1 Peterborough