Sign in to follow this  
Cannycanary

Transfer Fund Call Explained.

I thought it wise to start again to Explain the idea of the transfer fund and outline reasons.

1) Firstly the club is a business and as such the Directors run it in a way that it has Profit, without profit the club closes.

2) As a supporter we want the best football team, the best manager etc, we just want to win the league, FA cup European cup (would be great wouldn''t it) Regardless of cost.

You can see quite clearly how the two Cannot Possibly work together, one or the other looses out.

1) The Fund and its purpose.

1a)  To Purchase New Players.. which is reembursed if the player is sold to be used against new purchase. "allowing the fund to accumulate."

1b) Profits and losses on players is the clubs, that part is business & is currently what the club has to endure now.

2) How the fund will grow.

2a)   With constant investment the fund will grow year on year allowing larger and better purchases. Resulting hopefully in premiership football.

3) How it helps the club.

It allows the club to concentrate on the running costs and facilities.

3) What will generate Revenue.

a) The fund can gain donations from Every source it can find, I cannot see any reason why the directors of the club can''t make donations along with supporters. Either by direct debit, or one off donations by paypal. etc, Match day revenue.

b) With the Professional use of the Internet, Revenues from this could and should exceed TV revenue, this just needs the support of the supporters using it. (Seriously)

c)  Local business support.

Today''s newspaper article is the start of it and I can guarantee that there is no need for one of us not to support this regardless of making a donation, but I''m sure when you can see everyday the revenues rising online the doubters will get more involved.

Support the Idea first....

My thanks to Iain for his hard work getting this off the ground..

Steve

I think the idea is good in theory.  One point though I would be discouraged if the only payment option is direct debit.  I think fans should be able to donate as they like and not be locked in to a monthly debit.  Also fans need to be able to see the total of the fund, but only those who have an account..

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

b) With the Professional use of the Internet, Revenues from this could and should exceed TV revenue, this just needs the support of the supporters using it. (Seriously)

[/quote]

There is already revenue from the Internet - Canaries World. I can''t see many people paying more than the current 40 pounds to listen to Radio Norfolk once a week.

Surely local businesses already provide support through sponsoring players and advertising.

I think all the time and effort you seem prepared to put into this would be better spent with an existing organisation such as the Norwich City Supporters Trust. Surely a place on the board is far more valuble to the supporters than funding the odd player every couple of years?

Although since Blah put the web address as his tagline their site seems to have disappeared!

Well done to the guy who set it up, we obviously can''t rely on our tight arsed directors to provide enough finance for buying players so I applaud the efforts of everyone involved in getting this scheme up and running. We have a fanbase much larger than the 24000 who attend every home game and if we can get 20000 paying on average 10 pounds a month that amounts to nearly 2.5 million per year which is a lot of money in this league. It is a bit annoying to say the least that we have directors who are worth many millions that are not prepared to put significant funds into the club while us paupers have to dig into our pockets to give us a better chance of success. They should hang their heads in shame.

Wow, the efforts some people will go to support the self-perpetuating imbalance of footballing finance astounds me. Firstly even if there are enough mugs interested, the idea will eventually generate a similar amount of support from other well supported clubs, making any perceived advantage negligible over a longer period of time. While I understand the good intention, throwing more money at something that should already be giving more back to supporters,  is quite mis-guided. Although I''m sure some people are already smiling at the idea, but these are the people that will retire well before you and I.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

Well done to the guy who set it up, we obviously can''t rely on our tight arsed directors to provide enough finance for buying players so I applaud the efforts of everyone involved in getting this scheme up and running. We have a fanbase much larger than the 24000 who attend every home game and if we can get 20000 paying on average 10 pounds a month that amounts to nearly 2.5 million per year which is a lot of money in this league. It is a bit annoying to say the least that we have directors who are worth many millions that are not prepared to put significant funds into the club while us paupers have to dig into our pockets to give us a better chance of success. They should hang their heads in shame.

[/quote]Absolute garbage. Delia and MWJ have put millions of their own money into the club, without expectation of seeing it back. The Turners put in 2m over the summer, you seem to be saying that their 2m is insignificant but the fans'' 2.5m is ''a lot of money in this league''? Which is it? And if you really think 20,000 fans will fork out another 120 quid each year, you are deluded. If this scheme raises a fifth of that I would be surprised.

[quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

Absolute garbage. Delia and MWJ have put millions of their own money into the club, without expectation of seeing it back. The Turners put in 2m over the summer, you seem to be saying that their 2m is insignificant but the fans'' 2.5m is ''a lot of money in this league''? Which is it?

And if you really think 20,000 fans will fork out another 120 quid each year, you are deluded. If this scheme raises a fifth of that I would be surprised.

[/quote]

You don''t "get owt for nowt"........I don''t think Delia and MWJ will be out of pocket when they eventually take a backseat or stand-down.

What about the rest of the Directing folk......what''s been their actual contribution then....eh?

I''ll be giving £500+ quid to the Club to renew my plastic pew......How much are you chippin'' in then - ''Canary Cobber?'' Will you be sending a plentiful cheque to ''Good ole Blighty'' for the ''Canary Cause'' ? Somehow......I don''t think so.......

But that don''t stop you from encouraging others to donate - does it......  

[quote user="Big Down Under"]Absolute garbage. Delia and MWJ have put millions of their own money into the club, without expectation of seeing it back. The Turners put in 2m over the summer, you seem to be saying that their 2m is insignificant but the fans'' 2.5m is ''a lot of money in this league''? Which is it? And if you really think 20,000 fans will fork out another 120 quid each year, you are deluded. If this scheme raises a fifth of that I would be surprised.[/quote]No they haven''t. Delia and MWJ have full expectation of getting their money back. All the money they have "put" into the club were by way of share deals. So whilst they claim to be throwing their money away they are actually getting more money in the form of shares in the club. When they sell up, those shares will see that their money is paid back in full and probably with interest.

[quote user="Fellas"]

When they sell up, those shares will see that their money is paid back in full and probably with interest. [/quote]You''re one of those people who dont read the small print.Some of you talk as if its some sort of crime for investors in the club to make money. How dare they risk their millions of pounds and then take a profit eh?

You''re the one talking absolute garbage if you think Delia will walk away from this football club out of pocket, unless she does as Jack Hayward did at Wolves and sells her shares for a ridiculously low amount she will get her money back with interest when she sells up. But we all know that isn''t going to happen.

And if you really think 20,000 fans will fork out another 120 quid each year, you are deluded. If this scheme raises a fifth of that I would be surprised

I said IF we could get 20000 paying 120 quid a year not that I thought we WOULD get that many although it certainly isn''t impossible.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Fellas"]

When they sell up, those shares will see that their money is paid back in full and probably with interest.
[/quote]

You''re one of those people who dont read the small print.

Some of you talk as if its some sort of crime for investors in the club to make money. How dare they risk their millions of pounds and then take a profit eh?
[/quote]

So therefore.......They have put dosh into this club and when they eventually go - they will not actually be out of pocket or have sacrificed their million''s that they''ve donated.

Or is it in the small print that they don''t want anything back for their invaluable financial input.....?

It will certainly be most interesting to see what happens - when they do retire from the board.......[^o)] 

[quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

Absolute garbage. Delia and MWJ have put millions of their own money into the club, without expectation of seeing it back. The Turners put in 2m over the summer, you seem to be saying that their 2m is insignificant but the fans'' 2.5m is ''a lot of money in this league''? Which is it?

And if you really think 20,000 fans will fork out another 120 quid each year, you are deluded. If this scheme raises a fifth of that I would be surprised.

[/quote]

Ha Ha.

Anyone who thinks they won''t come out of this with a nice fat profit is living in dreamland.

and just exactly how much more bl**dy money does this club want us to donate! If the club is run properly then there should be no need for silly ideas like this.this club is in a total mess not becuase of the supporters but because on the total and utter mis-management of the board of directors.just say this is a success, it will only encourage the board not to purchase new players and fall back on the fund. (Seriously) this is just a very silly idea................................ won''t help the club in the long run for reasons mentioned above.

[quote user="Big Down Under"]Absolute garbage. Delia and MWJ have put millions of their own money into the club, without expectation of seeing it back. [/quote]And you probably still hang up stockings on Christmas Eve and put loose teeth under your pillow.Wake up, fool.  They''ve loaned the club money and will have it returned when the time is right - with interest, no doubt.  Which is not unreasonable as without their money we could have gone under, but this myth of Saint Delia the Donor is quite wrong.  It''s business, like anything else, and she''s done very nicely out of the associated publicity.

The voice of the Thorpe Area

Some of us pay over £400 for our season tickets plus travel plus merchandising so although I''d like to help the club buy a player I still think the Turners or the Smiths should dig into their pockets first.

CA

P.S. Why do I keep getting ''''non matching quote blocks in post''''

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

If his name has a punctuation mark or something like that in it then you get that error. To get around it you can always remove the offending character, or just delete the whole user="whoever" bit and then it''ll work.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]It''s when the person you''re quoting has a "special character" in their user name.  Just delete the character in question (it''s usually an apostrophe or exclamation mark) and then you can quote to your heart''s content.

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="Big Down Under"]Absolute garbage. Delia and MWJ have put millions of their own money into the club, without expectation of seeing it back. [/quote]And you probably still hang up stockings on Christmas Eve and put loose teeth under your pillow.Wake up, fool.  They''ve loaned the club money and will have it returned when the time is right - with interest, no doubt.  Which is not unreasonable as without their money we could have gone under, but this myth of Saint Delia the Donor is quite wrong.  It''s business, like anything else, and she''s done very nicely out of the associated publicity.[/quote]Calling me a fool adds nothing to your argument. Skipper didn''t get any of his ''loan'' money returned, and didn''t take a profit on his shares. But you presume Delia will based on 0 evidence. If you think ''investing'' in a Championship club is business like any other, you obviously have very little idea about business in the first place. Football in this league (and pretty much any other) is a money pit and the chances of gaining a return are small. Delia did not need the publicity, she was top of her particular field decades before she joined Norwich''s board, how do you think she earned enough to be in a position to invest in our club? You really need to use your brain a bit more on your own arguments before you start calling other people ''fool''.

You are living in cuckoo land - where did you get this drivel from?

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

I thought it wise to start again to Explain the idea of the transfer fund and outline reasons.

1) Firstly the club is a business and as such the Directors run it in a way that it has Profit, without profit the club closes.

2) As a supporter we want the best football team, the best manager etc, we just want to win the league, FA cup European cup (would be great wouldn''t it) Regardless of cost.

You can see quite clearly how the two Cannot Possibly work together, one or the other looses out.

1) The Fund and its purpose.

1a)  To Purchase New Players.. which is reembursed if the player is sold to be used against new purchase. "allowing the fund to accumulate."

1b) Profits and losses on players is the clubs, that part is business & is currently what the club has to endure now.

2) How the fund will grow.

2a)   With constant investment the fund will grow year on year allowing larger and better purchases. Resulting hopefully in premiership football.

3) How it helps the club.

It allows the club to concentrate on the running costs and facilities.

3) What will generate Revenue.

a) The fund can gain donations from Every source it can find, I cannot see any reason why the directors of the club can''t make donations along with supporters. Either by direct debit, or one off donations by paypal. etc, Match day revenue.

Today''s newspaper article is the start of it and I can guarantee that there is no need for one of us not to support this regardless of making a donation, but I''m sure when you can see everyday the revenues rising online the doubters will get more involved.

Support the Idea first....

My thanks to Iain for his hard work getting this off the ground..

Steve

[/quote]

[quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="Big Down Under"]

Absolute garbage. Delia and MWJ have put millions of their own money into the club, without expectation of seeing it back.

[/quote]

And you probably still hang up stockings on Christmas Eve and put loose teeth under your pillow.

Wake up, fool.  They''ve loaned the club money and will have it returned when the time is right - with interest, no doubt.  Which is not unreasonable as without their money we could have gone under, but this myth of Saint Delia the Donor is quite wrong.  It''s business, like anything else, and she''s done very nicely out of the associated publicity.

[/quote]

Calling me a fool adds nothing to your argument. Skipper didn''t get any of his ''loan'' money returned, and didn''t take a profit on his shares. But you presume Delia will based on 0 evidence. If you think ''investing'' in a Championship club is business like any other, you obviously have very little idea about business in the first place. Football in this league (and pretty much any other) is a money pit and the chances of gaining a return are small. Delia did not need the publicity, she was top of her particular field decades before she joined Norwich''s board, how do you think she earned enough to be in a position to invest in our club? You really need to use your brain a bit more on your own arguments before you start calling other people ''fool''.
[/quote]

As I understood it, Delia & MWJ have secured their loans on fixed assets such as the Colney facility.  I may be wrong on this, but it seems to be common knowledge (or perhaps misinformation).  T07 or FFS will probably know.

Your argument seems to be the one which is flawed - if they have "given the club millions without expecting to see it back", why did they not simply give it as a gift?  Why insist on securing the loans?  Your argument doesn''t stack up.

And Jimmy calling you "fool" is pretty tepid compared to some of the stuff which flies round here.  Toughen up, old son.

not sure id trust the club with the money!,  might be wasted

what about the Tevez model where a supporters trust (instead of Kia Kachorbian) buys the players registration, but the club pays the players contract, therefore when the player is sold the trust gets the money to buy another player(s)

Hiya, I just read the responces and wonder how many read the post before leaving a comment?

No-one is being asked to donate !!

Those who will donate will be greatly appreciated by all !!!

What we are asking is for support for a way to raise funds for players ....

When the website is finished you will see that with support and getting everyone using it it will raise large amounts.

It will be explained to all what to do when its here and there''s no reason any of us can''t use it.

WHY ARE SOME OF YOU HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING IT?

If you put 20,000 + in one place companies etc will pay to advertise !!!

If you click on an advert it generates revenue !!!!!!

When you search online companies pay for it !!!!!! 

Instead of being Norwich being sponsored by a few companies it will be turned into thousands...

Which will be used only for Buying Players.

WHY WOULDN''T YOU USE IT?

Mister Chops.Read this thread http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/940862/ShowPost.aspx if you want to understand more about why the money has been loaned not just given. I don''t claim to be at all knowledgeable on this area, but what is said here show my argument is not flawed as you suggest.Thats the first I have heard about their loans being secured on the clubs assets, is that even legal? Again I''m no expert but I think this as absolute rubbish.Whether or not calling me a fool is tepid compared to other comments, I don''t appreciate it. I wouldn''t say anything to anybody on here that I wouldn''t say to their face. What a shame so many posters hide behind their internet anonymity. They always seem to be the posters with less of interest to say as well.

Mr.CANNYCANARY how come such a simple approach to raising money has not been thought of by Andy CULLEN and his colleagues.Your views on internet revenue just seems so easy you surely must be the brains behind such sites as YOUTUBE ! Now that Mr.O''HARA has left the job of NCFC Company Secretary  is yours for the asking.