Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Liverpool fans

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]You really are a funny boy sometimes we8wba - Sunderland and Newcastle are the worst examples you could provide (particularly the Mackems!!), have a look at the crowds that they were getting when things were not going so well for them....[/quote]

they were still getting 30k under mcarthy in prem with no wins etc...

i think there lowest was 40k last year not bad seems they were relegation zone 10games in

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="we8wba"]

if being serious there only two clubs which stand out above all

SUNDERLAND & NEWCASTLE

[/quote]

Newcastle fans are terrible.  Living in some bygone neverland where they are a "massive club" yet what have they won in living memory?  Why do they hound their managers out on a regular basis?  Why are they obsessed by this idea they have a divine right to be successful?  I can''t bear them.  The mackems are alright.

[/quote]

is it just newcastle in all seriousness?

i know wolves feel they are "sleeping giant"etc...

many norwich fans on here say you have a right to be in the prem? is that right?

all fans are ambitious, lets face it newcastle had one brilliant manager which nobody could live upto, how can someone compete with keegan 1st reign? simply they cant.

[/quote]Brilliant manager - Keegan?Wenger and Ferguson are brilliant managers.  Keegan?  Nice guy, gets on with his squad, couldn''t win a raffle.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]You really are a funny boy sometimes we8wba - Sunderland and Newcastle are the worst examples you could provide (particularly the Mackems!!), have a look at the crowds that they were getting when things were not going so well for them....[/quote]

i think there lowest was 40k last year not bad seems they were relegation zone 10games in

[/quote]

That''s way off the mark, there were times when they could barely fill half their ground.

[quote user="Fellas"]We sell more tickets than Sunderland....[/quote]Sunderland average 45,000, Almost double Norwich

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Sunderland 2006/07:

• Lowest: 24,242 (August 29 v West Brom)

• Average Home (League): 31,880

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Sunderland 2006/07:

• Average Home (League): 31,880 [/quote]
  • cheers pete good stats, i dont mind people proving me wrong if they prove it with stats

c.t right liverpool deffo arent the best not even in england let alone the world

i think the best supporters to be honest are people who support likes of rotherham, gillinham etc... who go watch their team week in week out vs poor opposition, with their poor team. lets face it anyone can support liverpool, manutd. even likes of norwich and wolves are easy to support compared to certain lower teams.

james - agree, brilliant bit other the top by me, but no one going to be able to get newcastle where keegan got them, remember he got them up from our league to top of premier, which i doubt will be done. people seem to remember him as being 12pts clear and blowing it. fair enough! but his hard work before hand is always forgotten. look how keegan stormed our league with mancity and was storming the league below with fulham. he is a very good manager, not world class as been proven on the bigger stages but he certainly a very shrewd manager in his time. i wonder if prem skipped him by now to be honest. if he tries to play attack attack attack vs likes of arsenal, well its going to be embarrasing

[quote user="we8wba"]

james - agree, brilliant bit other the top by me, but no one going to be able to get newcastle where keegan got them, remember he got them up from our league to top of premier, which i doubt will be done. people seem to remember him as being 12pts clear and blowing it. fair enough! but his hard work before hand is always forgotten. look how keegan stormed our league with mancity and was storming the league below with fulham. he is a very good manager, not world class as been proven on the bigger stages but he certainly a very shrewd manager in his time. i wonder if prem skipped him by now to be honest. if he tries to play attack attack attack vs likes of arsenal, well its going to be embarrasing

[/quote]

Undoubtedly, with Keegan you get entertainment and attacking play.  I think you are right that they will take some lesser teams to the cleaners, but against the big boys they will either play the game Keegan likes, or try to defend - either way they''re damned really as Newcastle just aren''t good enough.  Look at how England played under Keegan to see how poorly he manages a side when his natural attacking instincts need to be reined in (Germany, last game at Wembley) or when he goes for broke (Portugal, EUro 2000)

People will say we were 2-0 up after 15 minutes, but they will need to remember we lost 3-2.

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Undoubtedly, with Keegan you get entertainment and attacking play.  I think you are right that they will take some lesser teams to the cleaners, but against the big boys they will either play the game Keegan likes, or try to defend - either way they''re damned really as Newcastle just aren''t good enough.  Look at how England played under Keegan to see how poorly he manages a side when his natural attacking instincts need to be reined in (Germany, last game at Wembley) or when he goes for broke (Portugal, EUro 2000)

People will say we were 2-0 up after 15 minutes, but they will need to remember we lost 3-2.

[/quote]

Woodgate is signing for Newcastle Utd

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]Sunderland 2006/07:

• Average Home (League): 31,880
  • [/quote]Just about to post the same thing. Cheers Pete from stopping me from having to add up!

[quote user="BEAKERS BEAK"]

Woodgate is signing for Newcastle Utd

[/quote]Which is good for him, I''m sure, as Middlesborough are useless, but what''s it got to do with the comments about Keegan?  Signing a defender doesn''t make him defensively minded.

[quote user="treacletown07"]I really dislike their accent and even Ringo Starr said in a recent interview that he doesnt miss Merseyside.[/quote]

I saw that interview - Ringo Starr...What a knob. David Attenborough who was interviewed by John Ross however showed what a true gent he is.

I''d like to think that we have the ''best'' supporters in the world but i''m not sure. However, the worst supporters in the world....Galatasary''s.

We certainly deserve a medal for consistently turning up in numbers after all the rubbish we have had to put up with for the last few years but we''re nowhere near being the best fans in this country,let alone the world, At home we only sing one song and only half the Barclay and the snakepit ever sing it, the atmosphere was very good the year we went up and also for many games in the prem but has gradually deteriorated since relegation. I haven''t been away for a while but when we have been on telly our supporters certainly haven''t sounded very noisy to me. Watching the Chelsea v Everton game last week I noticed the Chelsea fans outsung the Everton fans for the entuire 90 minutes and were singing loads of different songs, our range of songs is very limited and we don''t sing the ones we do sing often enough.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

We certainly deserve a medal for consistently turning up in numbers after all the rubbish we have had to put up with for the last few years but we''re nowhere near being the best fans in this country,let alone the world, At home we only sing one song and only half the Barclay and the snakepit ever sing it, the atmosphere was very good the year we went up and also for many games in the prem but has gradually deteriorated since relegation. I haven''t been away for a while but when we have been on telly our supporters certainly haven''t sounded very noisy to me. Watching the Chelsea v Everton game last week I noticed the Chelsea fans outsung the Everton fans for the entuire 90 minutes and were singing loads of different songs, our range of songs is very limited and we don''t sing the ones we do sing often enough.

[/quote]

you do deserve praise for continualy turning up, but hell theres loads of clubs worse off, look bradfords decline! and my team spent 17yrs in the same division no relegations and no promotions how flamin boring was that. you lot better off than you know! although norwich do deserve to be least top half based fan support and size etc..

we8wba just like to say i went to sunderland away last year, and there support was awful, about 24.000 if that, "there gorunds to big for them" lol. i can quite easily say there support is rubbish, as for newcastle, there just a bunch of gloryfied idiots who think there much better than what they are and just stuck in mid table midiocrity, there not supporters, they all act like spoilt children

to find the best fans etcyou have to look lower leaguesi follow torquay as welland tbh they are the nicest most hospitable fans i know of.i went to billericay v wealdstone this wknd and again wonderful fans.SO TO ME....liverpool, man u. newcastle, sunderland, arsenal, NORWICH, and wolves.no where neari love norwich. follow through and through but we aint the best fans in the world,maybe not far off though.