Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Liverpool fans

Listening to talksport this morning and they came onto the subject of Liverpool versus Havant + waterlooville. They began discussing liverpool fans and how great they are e.g best fans in the world.

Are liverpool fans the best fans in the worl? No, think NCFC fans are the best fans in the world

We dont have reputations for being thugs and we welcome other fans onto our forums (prehaps we dont welcome ipswich fans but they are our fierce rivals).

We follow our team home and away in the premiership and championship and we would continue to if the unthinkable happened and we were relagated. Im not talking about numbers just amount of loyalty.

The big clubs that bang on about the support are IMO deluded. Would Arsenal sell out if they were relagated? The same for Liverpool and the other big 2.

At Carrow Road we get behind the lads and outsing the oppo fans when we go behind in games.

If you dont agree with me then tell me! [:)]

I''ve only been to Anfield once, the Champions League semit final v Chelski last season. Although I detest Liverpool, the city, the club and its whining whinging fans with a passion, I have to say the noise that night was incredible. The entire ground stood for the 90 minutes and I''ve never seen better support for an English team. It grates me to say that I assure you, but they were amazing. The Lazio style flags that were rolled out by a team of hardcore fans was reaslly impressive too..... made that Jarrold Stand thing look pathetic.I''m so chuffed we scored the last goal in front of the old Kop and spoiled their party that day......... but they are pretty amazing. Mind you, even today there''s not a lot else to do up there. Entire streets are still boarded up, the clubs / pubs are nasty and the absence of black faces in and around the Stanley Park is bizarre. All the more ironic that the O sdo white Everton accused US of racism that day - that was so funny. Home of the slave trade.

yes best fans in the world are norwich because they so perfect? so how did these protests go? and "im staying away from carrow road" and "we doomed" work out?

norwich are well supported club who have fairly good backing. but i wouldnt class you as best in our league let alone in the world

every person will think their club is the "best supported in the world" utter rubbish it is

i would class bristol city best in our league then sheffweds

and although they do have their many mindless idiots/thugs leeds utd have very very good backing, and when i went to see them the other week they made loads of non-stop noise

[quote user="we8wba"]

yes best fans in the world are norwich because they so perfect? so how did these protests go? and "im staying away from carrow road" and "we doomed" work out?

norwich are well supported club who have fairly good backing. but i wouldnt class you as best in our league let alone in the world

every person will think their club is the "best supported in the world" utter rubbish it is

i would class bristol city best in our league then sheffweds

and although they do have their many mindless idiots/thugs leeds utd have very very good backing, and when i went to see them the other week they made loads of non-stop noise

[/quote]Is it summer already we love WBA? I thought you were going for good.lol, whats the obsession with bristol city. Bristol city couldn''t sell out ashton gate for years and years, now they get promoted they are suddenly the best supported club ever. No offence to the robins but they are a joke.If this is going to be a serious thread then we can safely say that Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday, Man City etc would be up there.

to be fair its not fair topic

98% norwich fans will say you are

98% wolves fans will say you we are

98% liverpool fans will say there are

leeds mancity whu etc...

everyone thinks they are

if being serious there only two clubs which stand out above all

SUNDERLAND & NEWCASTLE

now please tell me how norwich are better than sunderlands support? please tell me?

norwich are well supported club, very well at this level, but to think you better than liverpool, sunderland, mancity, celtic, rangers many foreign clubs is somewhat living in a bubble

[quote user="Fellas"]We sell more tickets than Sunderland....
[/quote]

you joking? seriously, norwich well supported side. but nowhere near the top in the world (and yes neither are wolves before i get those comments flooding)

i cant believe you made that last comment

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

you joking? seriously, norwich well supported side. but nowhere near the top in the world (and yes neither are wolves before i get those comments flooding)

[/quote]

'' I think wolves are the best team in the world. We will win the premierleague and the champions league in 2 years time''

Sorry I went into we8wba mode for a moment....

I have to agree with we8wba, even as a Barclay season ticket holder. 

I do think our support is fantastic and am proud of that as a supporter, I mean given our position in October we were still getting 24-25K gates and that''s awesome at this level, for a club of our size (or any size really). The atmosphere inside the ground can be great, one exampe being the derby this year - a booming rendition of ''on the ball just after they''d scored the first - and second goals! That would put to shame anything ipsh*t can muster up! Generally though I don''t think that we''re that noisy, we''re better than many but not as great as some make out. I mean, sit anywhere but the snakepit or barclay lower tier (am hoping Jarrold will get better as the blocks towards the away fans are being made season ticket areas) and the atmosphere isn''t that great - it''s actually pretty awful in the N&P stand.

Many clubs would claim that they have ''the best'' supporters. Our attendances are among the best - but i''d like to see more of the ground lending their vociferous support!

In my opinion we''re bloody good, but not the best.

10 years ago we got tonked 4-0 to charlton in front of 9000 people at Carrow Road.. it was much cheaper to get in back then too... where was all that "fantastic support" then?

I still feel alot of people jumped on the bandwagon in the promotion season and bought lengthy season tickets.. next season will be a true reflection of attendances

jas :)

I agree with everything Stone said, we do sell out every game home and away, and have done for the past 6-7 years, and our away support is very vocal (surprising giving Norwich`s away form), but Carrow Road has really gone downhill as far as im concerened, during the play off season, and the next 3 seasons, Carrow Road was noisy and must of been an intimidating place to go to, but now its like a library, its only the snakepit and lower barclay that sing, and even thats getting less regular, And our performances at home have got worse, Carrow Road used to be a bit of a fortress, its not anymore, do you think it could have something to do with the quiet atmosphere???and We8wba, your having a laugh if you think Leeds have great support, when they got relegated to the championship there attendances dropped to about 18k, now there averaging about 13k a game aren''t they? How much does Elland Road hold is it just over 40k??? In terms of home and away attendance then yes we are probably the best in our league, we sell out nearly every away game and we do sell out every home game, its a credit to the club considering we''re so far away from everyone else, and we have to travel so far! but in terms of atmosphere at home, then no we''re not the best anymore!!The season we were in the premiershp, wasn''t we voted the best fans in the country that season??

[quote user="Stone"]

I have to agree with we8wba, even as a Barclay season ticket holder. 

I do think our support is fantastic and am proud of that as a supporter, I mean given our position in October we were still getting 24-25K gates and that''s awesome at this level, for a club of our size (or any size really). The atmosphere inside the ground can be great, one exampe being the derby this year - a booming rendition of ''on the ball just after they''d scored the first - and second goals! That would put to shame anything ipsh*t can muster up! Generally though I don''t think that we''re that noisy, we''re better than many but not as great as some make out. I mean, sit anywhere but the snakepit or barclay lower tier (am hoping Jarrold will get better as the blocks towards the away fans are being made season ticket areas) and the atmosphere isn''t that great - it''s actually pretty awful in the N&P stand.

Many clubs would claim that they have ''the best'' supporters. Our attendances are among the best - but i''d like to see more of the ground lending their vociferous support!

In my opinion we''re bloody good, but not the best.

[/quote]

good post, basically what i was trying to say but you put it across better being norwich fan.

as to c.t get a life, i know wolves arent premiership quality and if we went up we just end up like watford and derby did, the only positive we can have going up is being stronger like watford this year when in this league, but then you could over spend and get into financial trouble! i think our clubs similar if went up most likely go back down 9/10 attempts and the best we can probably hope for nowadays is promotion via the playoffs

this is a debate no one can win.Lots of people reckon Newcastle fans are the best in the world... umm not really considering how many managers and players they rip apart.Sunderland? remember the beginning of last season when no one bothered turning up?i hear loads of plymouth fans saying they are the best fans in the country... umm yes thats why you didnt start singing until you were 3-0 up against us and still don''t sell out when you''re in a playoff position.Man U - etcLiverpool - etcArsenal - etcChelsea- glory huntersman city, aston villa etc etc etceveryone thinks they are the best fans in the world, and while Norwich have amazing support and incredible loyalty but we''re not the best in the world. no set of fans are.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

10 years ago we got tonked 4-0 to charlton in front of 9000 people at Carrow Road.. it was much cheaper to get in back then too... where was all that "fantastic support" then?

I still feel alot of people jumped on the bandwagon in the promotion season and bought lengthy season tickets.. next season will be a true reflection of attendances

jas :)

[/quote]

Can''t argue with that, but the club have built up a their fanbase significantly since then, agreed in no small part to the promotion and subsequent premiership season, but the supporters have stuck by the team, now in our third mediocre championship season. I think our decent attendances against pretty uninspiring opposition backs that up too, even if there are ''kids for a quid'' deals for those games.

Will be interesting to see if you''re proven right re: lengthy season tickets though. Hope not obviously! Surely most people renew year-to-year?  

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Sunderland were relegated they wouldn''t be able to sell all their tickets. City sell out even though we were bottom. Most clubs cant do that (leeds,forest,Wed etc) they are mostly arm chair supports happy to sit at home untill they play some proper teams so they can watch the likes of Gerrad etc. City fans do their up most to support their club and when it comes down to the best fans, then the only way to tell is how many fans travel away from home. City has a large traveling support but we are not the best.Man utd fans only have to travel from Yarmonth. For me its either Liverpool and Celtic. Remember a few years back City had a friendly with Celtic and even though it was a friendly the support was supperb. Cant remember how many fans but they were loud. think roughly 2000+

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]I''ve only been to Anfield once, the Champions League semit final v Chelski last season. Although I detest Liverpool, the city, the club and its whining whinging fans with a passion, I have to say the noise that night was incredible. The entire ground stood for the 90 minutes and I''ve never seen better support for an English team. It grates me to say that I assure you, but they were amazing. The Lazio style flags that were rolled out by a team of hardcore fans was reaslly impressive too..... made that Jarrold Stand thing look pathetic.

I''m so chuffed we scored the last goal in front of the old Kop and spoiled their party that day......... but they are pretty amazing. Mind you, even today there''s not a lot else to do up there. Entire streets are still boarded up, the clubs / pubs are nasty and the absence of black faces in and around the Stanley Park is bizarre. All the more ironic that the O sdo white Everton accused US of racism that day - that was so funny. Home of the slave trade.
[/quote]

if i recall correctly mike walker was the first everton manager to bring in a black player, got a lot of stick for it iirc

[quote user="Polar"]this is a debate no one can win.

Lots of people reckon Newcastle fans are the best in the world... umm not really considering how many managers and players they rip apart.
Sunderland? remember the beginning of last season when no one bothered turning up?
i hear loads of plymouth fans saying they are the best fans in the country... umm yes thats why you didnt start singing until you were 3-0 up against us and still don''t sell out when you''re in a playoff position.

Man U - etc
Liverpool - etc
Arsenal - etc
Chelsea- glory hunters
man city, aston villa etc etc etc

everyone thinks they are the best fans in the world, and while Norwich have amazing support and incredible loyalty but we''re not the best in the world. no set of fans are.
[/quote]

very good post, no one will ever win or convince other on the issue

to post regarding leeds attendences there average this season is 27498 (football365) 24501 is norwich city (2nd in our leagues av chart) so leeds getting 3k more average than our leagues highest

to post on sunderland 42695 average, thats v.good for team in trouble. and last year it was 40s as well

so i would put norwich top 20 in england but not #1 in the world as mentioned!

[quote user="C.T "][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

'' I think wolves are the best team in the world. We will win the premierleague and the champions league in 2 years time''

Sorry I went into we8wba mode for a moment....

[/quote]

No, that''s too well written to be mistaken for we8wba. If you had written: "I think wolves best team in world. We win premier and champions in two years", it would have been much more authentic.

I think we8wba has a point, everyone thinks they have the best supporters. If you were trying to measure this objecively, how would you do it.Home attendance? home attendance in relation to population?away support?Noise in the stadium?Replica shirts sold?number of messages on message boards?Number of cookery books sold by directors?Number of arrests?Votes by supporters of other teams?all these have flaws. I think the cookery book one is the most accurate though, so we win!

Tbh we love wba at first I thought you meant teams that are in our league again. And then not including big teams. And then it''s been widened further to foreign clubs too. Sunderland used to be well supported but they haven''t sold out once this season and they''ve just managed over 50% in most of their games despite having quite large away fans in their ground. It''s hard to say what the best fans are. In foreign countries it''s different to here. It''s not just about football, like in scotland it''s religious, in eastern europe, greece, cyprus it''s political and their teams are athletic clubs, i.e. all sports.I''ll put it this way. When there''s derbies on in greece and cyprus it''s like riots after the game. It''s really funny seeing all the fans drive their cars around hooting their horns waving their flags and signing till 3 in the morning. (not for the opposition fans though, i guess ha)It''s all about personal experience as well I guess. If you''ve had pleasent experiences with the opposition fans then you''ll have a higher opinion of them in general. You''re unlikely to say celtic fans are the best if you''re a gers fan.

I think the only rational way to decide the loyalist fans would be this,

Take the average attendance of teams from say the last ten years,

Discount all teams who have never been relegated from the Top division. As they have never been outside the top league you can not determine how loyal there fan base is as they have not had what should be classed as a bad spell.

The averange attendance should be worth say 1 point for every 5,000 in the Prem and 4 points per 5,000 for each season in the Chapionship and 8 for any lower leagues (Leeds)

This would give a clear points score base on the fact that it is easier to attract fans in the Prem.

[quote user="Chopper Harris"]I think we8wba has a point, everyone thinks they have the best supporters. If you were trying to measure this objecively, how would you do it.
Home attendance? home attendance in relation to population?
away support?
Noise in the stadium?
Replica shirts sold?
number of messages on message boards?
Number of cookery books sold by directors?
Number of arrests?
Votes by supporters of other teams?

all these have flaws. I think the cookery book one is the most accurate though, so we win!
[/quote]

obviosuly i would of boosted your messages on message board one lol

anyways some good posts coming in now with reasonable ideas and good comments in general

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Chopper Harris"]I think we8wba has a point, everyone thinks they have the best supporters. If you were trying to measure this objecively, how would you do it.
away support?
Noise in the stadium?
Replica shirts sold?
Number of arrests?

all these have flaws. I think the cookery book one is the most accurate though, so we win!
[/quote]

anyways some good posts coming in now with reasonable ideas and good comments in general

[/quote]

I hope you''re not including your own posts in that category!

[quote user="we8wba"]

away support?
Noise in the stadium?
Replica shirts sold?
Number of arrests?

[/quote]

[/quote]Good to see you''ve got us organised we8wba. Thanks !!   [H]

[quote user="we8wba"]

SUNDERLAND & NEWCASTLE

[/quote]

Newcastle fans are terrible.  Living in some bygone neverland where they are a "massive club" yet what have they won in living memory?  Why do they hound their managers out on a regular basis?  Why are they obsessed by this idea they have a divine right to be successful?  I can''t bear them.  The mackems are alright.

I have met many different people from all the country but I scou..rs are the most difficult to get on with.  They have a real attitiude and chip on their shoulder.  I had some road rage with one this week and he picked on me for no apparent reason - he was late for work and I was in front of him in the road works queue. I really dislike their accent and even Ringo Starr said in a recent interview that he doesnt miss Merseyside.

Liverpool supporters are scum

They got us banned from europe stopping Norwich getting in 3 times instead of the once we have.

It was due to them all stadiums are all seaters.They still havn''t learnt nearly had another dissater in Istanbull.If the police wouldn''t of stopped them all going in.Too many fake tickets flying about again.

Always selling fake tickets for all games club and country.

But don''t forget its never the scousers fault.

After being to anfield they must put microphones by the pitchside for europe matches cus when i have been there it has been quite.

Rant over.......I am not there best supporter ;)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="we8wba"]

SUNDERLAND & NEWCASTLE

[/quote]

Newcastle fans are terrible.  Living in some bygone neverland where they are a "massive club" yet what have they won in living memory?  Why do they hound their managers out on a regular basis?  Why are they obsessed by this idea they have a divine right to be successful?  I can''t bear them.  The mackems are alright.

[/quote]

is it just newcastle in all seriousness?

i know wolves feel they are "sleeping giant"etc...

many norwich fans on here say you have a right to be in the prem? is that right?

all fans are ambitious, lets face it newcastle had one brilliant manager which nobody could live upto, how can someone compete with keegan 1st reign? simply they cant.

I liked the following quote a lot...

"Well forgive me if I fail to double up in paroxysms of sympathy for the fickle grief-mongering hypocrites. One minute, Liverpool fans were happy for their club to behave like a cheap whore who drops her knickers the instant somebody waves some money in her face; the next they’re not only surprised when she gets screwed, but they’re begging for her to be shafted by a richer punter."

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/4305/