Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Locked in a debtors prison.

[quote]...We''re still very much locked in a debtor''s prison of our own making. Only this time we threw away the key.[/quote]Hmm, funny thing, runaway ambition without prudence.

Had conversations with a couple of binners over the last few days and they both said the same thing, wonder who we are gonna spend our millions on.  How stupid are these people, and neither would have it any other way.

I am now starting to believe that Marcus Evans is in fact a Norwich fan and ruining ITFC for our viewing enjoyment.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Had conversations with a couple of binners over the last few days and they both said the same thing, wonder who we are gonna spend our millions on.  How stupid are these people, and neither would have it any other way.

I am now starting to believe that Marcus Evans is in fact a Norwich fan and ruining ITFC for our viewing enjoyment.

[/quote]

In which case, Delia must surely be an Ipswich fan!!

all together now....

"the scum are going bust, the scum are going Bust, and now your gonna believe us!!! the scum are going bust!"

jas :)

Ah, beautiful Schadenfraude at the crowing binners expense but also one to throw back at get Delia out at any expense brigade that were so vocal in saying NCFC should get an investor like Marcus Evans.

Looks like they put all their eggs in one basket and if they don''t win promotion this year, it will be another Luton situation, at best. Expect a summer fire-sale.

Ha Ha! I''m just going to keep adding to this post so it stays at the top of the board. Will be interesting to see how many of your ''predictions'' come true!

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

In which case, Delia must surely be an Ipswich fan!!

[/quote]

She is, just ask Whittle....

[quote user="Chabal"]Ha Ha! I''m just going to keep adding to this post so it stays at the top of the board. Will be interesting to see how many of your ''predictions'' come true![/quote]

Chabel you half wit. The piece was written by an Ipwich fan. Try reading it again. It isn''t speaculation its fact.

Keep it at the top of the board, more people can see it and laugh at you and your poverty stricken club.

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

i think the most shocking thing is that it was clearly written by a semi intelligent individual who used several large words not to mention correct spelling and punctuation couldn''t possibly be written by a scummer, and if it was how the f**k will the pondlife that reside in suffolk possibly be able to understand it?

Good thread Blacko. The really interesting aspect of this thread to me is the failure of an appearance by posters such as Mr. Carrow or Fat Prophet who, ironically, have much in common with the the Ipswich poster, Chabal. When confronted with such an article Chabal is still obviously in denial about the true state of his club. On our side there are those who would like to move us in that direction by insisting THEIR goals be achieved by the spending of SOMEONE ELSE"S money because, as with all true liberals,  they believe they have greater insight on how to spend that money than those that actually have the responsibility and right to do so.

By the way, Chabal, if you find it difficult to believe this article from a concerned Ipswich source, see if you can put it together by reading the article previously put out by Ipswich Town FC stating categorically how they conducted searches though consultants for investors for well over a year both inside and outside of the country. The only offer on the table was from the Marcus Evans Group. Now read again the article highlighted by blacko that refers to the Marcus Evans Group as an opportunistic vulture that had been circling over the heads of a number of clubs looking for the right moment to strike. It is my fervent wish that NCFC is not faced with the need to follow such a path at any point in the future.  

I know the piece was written by an (apparent) Ipswich fan, that doesn''t stop it being absolute tat! The writer has said nothing but negatives over the last 6 months and is not to be taken seriously! I''m not even sure that he is who he says he is if you understand my meaning - he''s the rivals version of your Smudger - so endlessly negative that doubts must be raised about both his allegiance and his intelligence. I''ve read that varticle and every paragraph has serious misrepresentaion in it.

Like i say, the proof is in the pudding. We''ll see over the coming months and years the true implications of Evans investment, and i for one amvery positive.. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Good thread Blacko. The really interesting aspect of this thread to me is the failure of an appearance by posters such as Mr. Carrow or Fat Prophet who, ironically, have much in common with the the Ipswich poster, Chabal. When confronted with such an article Chabal is still obviously in denial about the true state of his club. On our side there are those who would like to move us in that direction by insisting THEIR goals be achieved by the spending of SOMEONE ELSE"S money because, as with all true liberals,  they believe they have greater insight on how to spend that money than those that actually have the responsibility and right to do so.

By the way, Chabal, if you find it difficult to believe this article from a concerned Ipswich source, see if you can put it together by reading the article previously put out by Ipswich Town FC stating categorically how they conducted searches though consultants for investors for well over a year both inside and outside of the country. The only offer on the table was from the Marcus Evans Group. Now read again the article highlighted by blacko that refers to the Marcus Evans Group as an opportunistic vulture that had been circling over the heads of a number of clubs looking for the right moment to strike. It is my fervent wish that NCFC is not faced with the need to follow such a path at any point in the future.  

[/quote]

Yankee Canary, i think you''ll find that we DID have more offers. The majority of December''s EGM concerned this very topic, and why the board had chosen to stick with Evans..

[quote user="Chabal"]

I know the piece was written by an (apparent) Ipswich fan, that doesn''t stop it being absolute tat! The writer has said nothing but negatives over the last 6 months and is not to be taken seriously! I''m not even sure that he is who he says he is if you understand my meaning - he''s the rivals version of your Smudger - so endlessly negative that doubts must be raised about both his allegiance and his intelligence. I''ve read that varticle and every paragraph has serious misrepresentaion in it.

Like i say, the proof is in the pudding. We''ll see over the coming months and years the true implications of Evans investment, and i for one amvery positive.. 

[/quote]

Chabal, I notice that you were careful not to say what will take place during the next week. As you well know, there were many Ipswich fans over the past several weeks licking their chops at the "available 12 million" and which players could be acquired during the transfer window to help Ipswich seal promotion. Is there anything of significance to report yet?   

What i don''t understand it, how Sheepsha**er cotinues to get away with running a club into the ground and how he has continued as chairman. I remember when they were in the Prem and you used to hear all that tosh about how they were everyone''s second club and how well run they were and what an impressive tight ship they ran. And all thanks to Lord Sheepsha**er!

When in reality he was just another Ridsdale. Only Ridsdale was rightly ran out of Leeds, yet this fool carry''s on as if the total basket case that has transpired around him was nothing to do with him! I don''t understand how he has got away with it - can only be because the fans are too stooopid to see it!

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Yankee Canary, i think you''ll find that we DID have more offers. The majority of December''s EGM concerned this very topic, and why the board had chosen to stick with Evans..

[/quote]

Well, you may well know better than me Chabal, it''s your club after all. However, please note that I was alluding to the statement put out by Ipswich Town FC that clearly referred to the only offer on the table after an exhaustive search was the one from the Marcus Evans Group. I''m sure you are either familiar with or can easily find that article. If not, let me know and I''ll locate it for you. Anytime something is for sale there''s always someone nosing around trying to see what bargains are there for the taking but that''s different than firm offers being on the table.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Chabal"]

[/quote]

Chabal, I notice that you were careful not to say what will take place during the next week. As you well know, there were many Ipswich fans over the past several weeks licking their chops at the "available 12 million" and which players could be acquired during the transfer window to help Ipswich seal promotion. Is there anything of significance to report yet?   

[/quote]

Quite right i cannot predict what will happen in the next week. All i can say is that we have bids of around £2.5m currently in, having spent about 500k so far. For me this is proof that we have a significant amount in the bank. In addition we have been able to fend off interest in Walters and Haynes, 2 of our best players. Pre-takeover i fear we would have been forced to sell one or both of those players to break even. Now that is not an issue... 

[quote user="a1canary"]

What i don''t understand it, how Sheepsha**er cotinues to get away with running a club into the ground and how he has continued as chairman. I remember when they were in the Prem and you used to hear all that tosh about how they were everyone''s second club and how well run they were and what an impressive tight ship they ran. And all thanks to Lord Sheepsha**er!

When in reality he was just another Ridsdale. Only Ridsdale was rightly ran out of Leeds, yet this fool carry''s on as if the total basket case that has transpired around him was nothing to do with him! I don''t understand how he has got away with it - can only be because the fans are too stooopid to see it!

[/quote]

I don''t think he is ''continuing'' to do anything. We massviely overspent in 2001 and are still paying the price. The idea that Sheepy is currently ''running a club into the ground'' doesn''t hold water. i''d be surprised if any other chairman could do any better and for that reason i don''t see any p;oint in replacing him..

[quote user="Chabal"]

I don''t think he is ''continuing'' to do anything... i''d be surprised if any other chairman could do any better and for that reason i don''t see any p;oint in replacing him..

[/quote]

Not doing anything while continuing as chair sounds a good reason for starters!

Chabal wrote the following post at 25/01/2008 5:00 PM:

I know the piece was written by an (apparent) Ipswich fan, that doesn''t stop it being absolute tat! The writer has said nothing but negatives over the last 6 months and is not to be taken seriously! I''m not even sure that he is who he says he is if you understand my meaning - he''s the rivals version of your Smudger - so endlessly negative that doubts must be raised about both his allegiance and his intelligence. I''ve read that varticle and every paragraph has serious misrepresentaion in it

Don''t say Smugger is one of us  - we all know he isn''t

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Chabal"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wrong.  Decembers EGM was to vote on whether or not to accept Marcus Evans bid,  not discuss the multiple options available, there were none.  I have this on good authority from someone who was actually at the EGM.

Its good that you are positive about the matter, in your shoes I would be exactly the same.  And you are right, the only proof of the pudding we will ever get is the events of the next few years.  Impressed with your signing of Quinn, good player.

Surely though even with your positivity you can see major flaws in the new ownership of your club.  You are playing a risky, risky game...the only way for you is up or down and out. There is no middle ground....Good luck... 

[quote user="Chabal"]

[/quote]

It was written by the new editor of your Ipswich Rivals site Chabal.

And also look at what has happened at Liverpool this week http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/01/23/prospectors_for_gold_leave_liv.htmlHow many people who post on this board attacked our club for not getting in an investor like Evans? Do these people still think Ispwich are showing more ''ambition''? Do these people STILL want us to flash our knickers at anybody wanting to invest in ''soccer''?However much Chabal squirms, these deals are bad for the clubs and bad for the game. What on earth are the FA doing allowing the game to get into this state?

I went to read the article and got this:"Rivals.net

We are currently performing essential technical updates to Rivals.net

and the site will be available again shortly. We apologise to our users

for any incovenience."Has Evans grip on the club got this far already?!!!