Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

This is what really annoys me!!!!!!!!

the only one thing that is annoying me with the tiny issue is that we arent prepared to pay the 1million value that ipswich, west brom, qpr, coventry etc are so surely if roeder really wanted him hed raise his offer, the point many people cant understand is why he doesnt raise his offer for a player that many clubs deem a bargain at 1mill, is it due to roeder believing he can get him cheaper or because hes been told he cant afford to go higher, personally who knwo or who cares, our defence has done ok since his departure and as several people have said a goal scorer is much more important, now personally i hear from a friend in bristol a fellow squaddie that they are on the verge of signing riordan from celtic for 750,000 now hed be a much better buy and could well add more goals,

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]We''ve offered more than enough. And the money has to be spread round. It''s all about valuations and I know that our valuation and offer was an extremely good offer.[/quote]

The above quote is not journalism FP, it''s a direct quote.  It''s Roeders'' call, he has said so to the Press.  He wouldn''t have taken the job if he didn''t think he could do it within the budget allowed.

And my day is fine, thankyou, kind of you to ask.  I just can''t believe that some people automatically assume black is white and vice versa - I mean, why bother even having press conferences if people won''t believe a word that is said at them.  Why bother having newspapers ? [:s]
[/quote]

I think the operative word is "our" blah.  To return to where this all started, my original reply was to posters who were suggesting it was all down to Roeder and nothing to do with the board.  I happen to think it''s a bit of both.

Why bother having newspapers?  Good question.  I''ve sat here for half an hour blah, and I can''t think of one good reason.  I can think of several bad ones to do with the overpromotion of mass culture and opinion at the expense of individuality (not individualism), but let''s not go there eh . . .

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]We''ve offered more than enough. And the money has to be spread round. It''s all about valuations and I know that our valuation and offer was an extremely good offer.[/quote]

The above quote is not journalism FP, it''s a direct quote.  It''s Roeders'' call, he has said so to the Press.  He wouldn''t have taken the job if he didn''t think he could do it within the budget allowed.

And my day is fine, thankyou, kind of you to ask.  I just can''t believe that some people automatically assume black is white and vice versa - I mean, why bother even having press conferences if people won''t believe a word that is said at them.  Why bother having newspapers ? [:s]
[/quote]

I think the operative word is "our" blah.  To return to where this all started, my original reply was to posters who were suggesting it was all down to Roeder and nothing to do with the board.  I happen to think it''s a bit of both.

Why bother having newspapers?  Good question.  I''ve sat here for half an hour blah, and I can''t think of one good reason.  I can think of several bad ones to do with the overpromotion of mass culture and opinion at the expense of individuality (not individualism), but let''s not go there eh . . .

[/quote]

Stan Ridgway reckons...

Now lately, I’ve been thinkin’
What would the world do without the news?
You wouldn’t know when wars were started
Or when they ended¨c¨cwin or lose
It’d probably be a much better world to live in
But the question would be whose
And what side you’re on, or who’s right or wrong
You’d never have to choose

What’s buried in the back pages
Was on the front page yesterday
And old news never dies
Though they say it just fades away
Crime and murder, business and politics
And international strife
It’s all the same, find someone to blame
It’s there in black and white

How about we have not yet signed him because Brum won''t let him go until they get a replacement?? Maybe the deal for him to come here is already done?

If Brum sign Cahill or whoever i am pretty sure Taylor will be here.

This is the issue here (i hope) not whether we should have upped the bid blah blah blah

[quote user="city til i die"]WBA are now going after Taylor with a 1 million bid. We mess around for weeks and let other clubs come in for him and we end up losing out again. What is it with this tight board of ours? They really are starting to pee me off. All we hear about is loan players. According to Richard Balls in last night evening news we have a profit of nearly 4 million on player sales since last summer. We have nearly the biggest gates in the league, so show Roeder the money!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Well said mate and spot on, you are right and it''s so blindingly obvious that it is staggering that some posters still show blind loyalty to a board that so constantly fail to come up with a realistic tranfer kitty. Sky now saying another supposed city target in Rirodan going to Burnley, and so it goes on.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="city til i die"]WBA are now going after Taylor with a 1 million bid. We mess around for weeks and let other clubs come in for him and we end up losing out again. What is it with this tight board of ours? They really are starting to pee me off. All we hear about is loan players. According to Richard Balls in last night evening news we have a profit of nearly 4 million on player sales since last summer. We have nearly the biggest gates in the league, so show Roeder the money!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Not again. Its ROEDERS decision not to up the bid NOT THE BOARD. The board have already said they will back him. If he asked the board to up the bid they''d be on the phone in a flash.

Why is it you think this is down to the board? I''d really love to know why so many people are so ignorant on this.

[/quote]

talk about the pot calling the kettle black! you are so wrong, how long have you actually followed this club? Just about the only time that an NCFC board has showed any ambition was round about Xmas 2004, when Svenson, Mckenzie, and Huckerby arrived, and we even paid for one of them. Otherwise it''s been false hopes, selling our best players and small time thinking all the way. CTID''s posting is bang on, fantastic loyalty by us matched by total acceptance of medicocity, and scrooge mentality. Sticking up for what is happening ie letting the likes of Stoke, Hull, Bristol City etc etc overtake us is not clever, and speaking out against it is not ignorant.

Just to say to JC that cheap shots like "spineless" suggest to me you really are not a true City fan if you can turn so quickly on others on this board who are meant to be your fellow supporters. I would prefer it if you instead went and supported another club preferably Ipswich whose fans are well known for such pathetic comments.

I doubt if like me you have supported City since 1965 and see them through good and bad times! I hope you are right and we sign Tiny but as others are saying here Glenn is playing a dangerous game for what is not a big sum of money. And what do you think Tiny is thinking of this club when its manager seems unwilling to simply match our competitors estimate of his value!!

I for one am not bothered if we sign or do not sign Taylor. He looks a decent player but why all the fuss? The Doc and Shacks are doing ok.

[quote user="corbs"]I for one am not bothered if we sign or do not sign Taylor. He looks a decent player but why all the fuss? The Doc and Shacks are doing ok.[/quote]

What happens if the Doc or Shackell get injured or suspended? Where is the cover?

The baggies aren''t interested and haven''t made a bid. http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=2519&w=25&a=0&part=0 Why would brum sell to us, when;- there is still a few days of the transfer window left when someone might bid more?- McLeish hasn''t yet bought in a replacement?- Radhi Jaidi is still in Africa?Brum know they can sell to us on the last day of the window for 750k. If this deal is going to happen before the last day of the window, there has to be movement on at least one of the points above. All these points are out of our control. Meanwhile Brum will continue to use negotiating tactics, like planting false rumours, to keep him in the shop window in the hope of getting more. And I''m sure some of the more gullible of you will continue to fall for it.

Did anyone notice that Carlisle Youth beat Man U Youth in the F.A Youth Cup. Maybe worth running the rule over some of these prospects?

"We`ve offered more than enough. And the money has to be spread round."

This part of the quote seems to have been ignored but says it all as far as i`m concerned. It is Roeders decision not to bid more, but he has chosen not to bid more as he knows that will basically use his transfer budget up when he needs to strengthen other areas. Therefore yet again the buck stops with the board for not giving the manager a sufficient budget to bring in the type of player that will take the club forward.

And QPR had a bid accepted therefore Brum holding out for a higher bid is not an issue.

[quote user="Big Down Under"]The baggies aren''t interested and haven''t made a bid. http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=2519&w=25&a=0&part=0

Why would brum sell to us, when;
- there is still a few days of the transfer window left when someone might bid more?
- McLeish hasn''t yet bought in a replacement?
- Radhi Jaidi is still in Africa?

Brum know they can sell to us on the last day of the window for 750k. If this deal is going to happen before the last day of the window, there has to be movement on at least one of the points above. All these points are out of our control. Meanwhile Brum will continue to use negotiating tactics, like planting false rumours, to keep him in the shop window in the hope of getting more. And I''m sure some of the more gullible of you will continue to fall for it.
[/quote]

''Gullible''.........Who''s to say which side of the argument is right?

I certainly don''t feel ''GULLIBLE''........I just don''t believe anything from any media output, whether from Brady''s bunch or Donkster''s disciples - till it actually becomes concrete and fact........At this moment in time, I don''t actually see the cement and sand being shovelled into the chugging mixer.

But, it''s only a personal opinion. 

[quote user="CJ"]

It is becoming increasingly clear that the Board are likely to completely ruin this season for the sake of a relatively small amount of transfer money. I really dont understand why we are still messing around over Martin Taylor. An ambitious team would have kept him on loan and bought him for what I think is a reasonable fee.

[/quote]You think its a reasonable fee? WTF do you know about it? Thankfully Glen Roeder does not agree with you. He consideres £250,000 to

be quite a lrege amount of money, and at this moment in time his

judgement is that Taylor is not worth £1m to Norwich City. He has

publicly said so.Write to Mr Roeder.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="CJ"]

It is becoming increasingly clear that the Board are likely to completely ruin this season for the sake of a relatively small amount of transfer money. I really dont understand why we are still messing around over Martin Taylor. An ambitious team would have kept him on loan and bought him for what I think is a reasonable fee.

[/quote]

You think its a reasonable fee? WTF do you know about it?
Thankfully Glen Roeder does not agree with you. He consideres £250,000 to be quite a lrege amount of money, and at this moment in time his judgement is that Taylor is not worth £1m to Norwich City. He has publicly said so.

Write to Mr Roeder.[/quote]

In todays football market, 250k is not a lot of money. In fact its peanuts! So Roeder will only offer 750k for him because that is what he thinks he is worth. Well there are quite a few teams in this league that will pay the asking price of 1 million for him. We will never find a better centre back for less than a million. He had a great loan spell here, so we have all seen how good he is, as well as scoring a few goals for us too in the time he was here. Maybe the board have not given Roeder the money to get the additions he needs, so Roeder can not spend more than 750k on each new signing that will come through the door in the next few days. I am  not alone here, there are many people on here and in the media such as Neil Adams and Richard Balls who think the same. Pay 1 million and we will have one hell of a centre back in our team!

[quote]Well there are quite a few teams in this league that will pay the asking price of 1 million for him.[/quote]

Given that figure is supposed to be close to Birminghams'' asking price, if that were true, why hasn''t he already been signed by one of these teams ?

You are aware his contract ends in the summer ?  We could get him on a free in 6 months.  Birmingham will take whatever they can get, and if Taylors'' heart is set on coming here as some suggest, then he will ignore all other bids.  On that basis, Birmingham will have to take whatever we offer pretty much, or leave him to rot in the reserves and lose our fee.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Big Down Under"]The baggies aren''t interested and haven''t made a bid. http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=2519&w=25&a=0&part=0 Why would brum sell to us, when;- there is still a few days of the transfer window left when someone might bid more?- McLeish hasn''t yet bought in a replacement?- Radhi Jaidi is still in Africa?Brum know they can sell to us on the last day of the window for 750k. If this deal is going to happen before the last day of the window, there has to be movement on at least one of the points above. All these points are out of our control. Meanwhile Brum will continue to use negotiating tactics, like planting false rumours, to keep him in the shop window in the hope of getting more. And I''m sure some of the more gullible of you will continue to fall for it.[/quote]

''Gullible''.........Who''s to say which side of the argument is right?

I certainly don''t feel ''GULLIBLE''........I just don''t believe anything from any media output, whether from Brady''s bunch or Donkster''s disciples - till it actually becomes concrete and fact........At this moment in time, I don''t actually see the cement and sand being shovelled into the chugging mixer.

But, it''s only a personal opinion. 

[/quote]Mello, I don''t take what I read in the press literally either, others do hence the posters getting their knickers in a twist thinking Tiny is off to the Baggies. He hasn''t signed for the Baggies. All my points are facts, save the 750k figure which is an assumption based on press reports. IF this deal is going to happen, it won''t be until the 31st.BTW where did this point about Tiny''s contract running out in the summer? He signed a 3 year deal in the summer.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Well there are quite a few teams in this league that will pay the asking price of 1 million for him.[/quote]

Given that figure is supposed to be close to Birminghams'' asking price, if that were true, why hasn''t he already been signed by one of these teams ?

You are aware his contract ends in the summer ?  We could get him on a free in 6 months.  Birmingham will take whatever they can get, and if Taylors'' heart is set on coming here as some suggest, then he will ignore all other bids.  On that basis, Birmingham will have to take whatever we offer pretty much, or leave him to rot in the reserves and lose our fee.

[/quote]Exactly.And for somebody to say £250,000 in any environmet isn''t a lot of money is quite shocking. Its too easy to jump out of the real world and into the Championship Manager freefall that football finds itself in. WHen the bubble bursts there will be some enormous institutions brought to their knees. Real Madrid are Euro 425k in the red. As I''ve said, before, being in debt does not stop the clubs activity off the field. We oe around £20m I believe, but that doesn''t prevent us have £5m (for examlpl) immediately to hand. But prudence IS the final solution, otherwise money allocated for transfers etc has to be utilised elsewhereThe board have it spot on. the cognitive conrtribution from the current members is the envy of many top level clubs. If only they had the balls to block some of the transfer requests that go though and reduce the number of complete wasters that seem to form an endless queue at the Colney gates. There lies their wekness, bring in too many players, Roeder is changing this. Quality not quantity. And that takes time. Not 4 weeks. Years.

[quote user="JC"]

Roeder has already proven he can walk into a lot of jobs - he wants to succeed.  Do you think he will meekly say ''ok'' if the board block the bid?  He is playing hardball, and it is so lucky he has stronger nerves than the spineless on this forum who slam in posts like this all the time.  For gods sake calm down!

[quote user="CJ"]

He fits well into the team , he wants to play here, he scores goals as well as defends well so what the hell are we playing around at! I am firmly of the belief that we would be higher up the table and still in the FA Cup if we had done this. As any manager will tell you , a team is built from the back. A solid defence means your midfield have enough confidence to go forward and support the attack . I unlike others really belive we have enough up front given good midfield support.

The last time we showed real ambition signing Huckerby it worked, I like others on this message board  have watched and waited and now I have got to the stage where I begin to realise we will leave it all too late. I hope I am wrong and that Glenn really has got it under control. He clearly is a good manager but he needs the Board to support him now!

[/quote][/quote]

Well I''m sorry but a lot of stuff Roeder says is very much to the liking of the Board. You could ask yourself why that is?

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

Exactly.

And for somebody to say £250,000 in any environmet isn''t a lot of money is quite shocking. Its too easy to jump out of the real world and into the Championship Manager freefall that football finds itself in. WHen the bubble bursts there will be some enormous institutions brought to their knees. Real Madrid are Euro 425k in the red. As I''ve said, before, being in debt does not stop the clubs activity off the field. We oe around £20m I believe, but that doesn''t prevent us have £5m (for examlpl) immediately to hand. But prudence IS the final solution, otherwise money allocated for transfers etc has to be utilised elsewhere

The board have it spot on. the cognitive conrtribution from the current members is the envy of many top level clubs. If only they had the balls to block some of the transfer requests that go though and reduce the number of complete wasters that seem to form an endless queue at the Colney gates. There lies their wekness, bring in too many players, Roeder is changing this. Quality not quantity. And that takes time. Not 4 weeks. Years.

[/quote]

So what if Real Madrid are in debt.......Ermmm now i wonder what players i would pick if i had choice out of Real or NCFC. ITS FOOTBALL FOR HEAVENS SAKE!! How many more bloody years are we going to give this useless bunch? Time will tell, unfortanatly people like you keep finding the excuses and thus giving them more time to sink our club.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

Exactly.

And for somebody to say £250,000 in any environmet isn''t a lot of money is quite shocking. Its too easy to jump out of the real world and into the Championship Manager freefall that football finds itself in. WHen the bubble bursts there will be some enormous institutions brought to their knees. Real Madrid are Euro 425k in the red. As I''ve said, before, being in debt does not stop the clubs activity off the field. We oe around £20m I believe, but that doesn''t prevent us have £5m (for examlpl) immediately to hand. But prudence IS the final solution, otherwise money allocated for transfers etc has to be utilised elsewhere

The board have it spot on. the cognitive conrtribution from the current members is the envy of many top level clubs. If only they had the balls to block some of the transfer requests that go though and reduce the number of complete wasters that seem to form an endless queue at the Colney gates. There lies their wekness, bring in too many players, Roeder is changing this. Quality not quantity. And that takes time. Not 4 weeks. Years.

[/quote]

The "complete wasters" that have been forming a queue at the Colney gates in recent years have been the cheapo`s and freebies whose signings have been sanctioned by the board because they will not pay the going rate for quality. The rare occasions we have actually splashed a bit of cash the players we have signed have been successful and nearly all have been sold for a profit, whilst the cheapo`s and freebies have been wastes of money almost to a man. Have a think about it. This Taylor business is just another example of this approach which has failed the club. No doubt we will end up with another handful of cheap wasters a la Murray, Strihavka, Brown, Jarrett, Colin, Thorne etc.

[quote]The "complete wasters" that have been forming a queue at the Colney

gates in recent years have been the cheapo`s and freebies whose

signings have been sanctioned by the board because they will not pay

the going rate for quality. The rare occasions we have actually

splashed a bit of cash the players we have signed have been successful

and nearly all have been sold for a profit, whilst the cheapo`s and

freebies have been wastes of money almost to a man. Have a think about

it. This Taylor business is just another example of this approach which

has failed the club. No doubt we will end up with another handful of

cheap wasters a la Murray, Strihavka, Brown, Jarrett, Colin, Thorne etc.[/quote]Let''s say the unthinkable happens.  Karen Brady folds and we get Taylor in for, say, 400k plus add-ons if we get promotion.  Does he then become a cheapo ?  Is his ability less because of his price-tag ?  Dare I suggest that if / when we do sign him, that he may end his career here ?  Not much sell-on value there then.  Given that Norwich hold all the cards on this one, why would they weaken their position by paying over the odds ?

How much did we pay for Fotheringham? He was a free, but a key player now. Murray, Jarrett, Colin, Thorne, all on big wages (allegedly). Norwich have never been a club that paid big money for players, we have always taken players from youth teams, reserve teams, and lower leagues. The same thing happened with Worthy, Grant, and will happen with Roeder. Its up to the manager to chose good players, and turn them into a cohesive team. Why are people''s expectations so different today?

[quote user="Big Down Under"]How much did we pay for Fotheringham? He was a free, but a key player now. Murray, Jarrett, Colin, Thorne, all on big wages (allegedly).

Norwich have never been a club that paid big money for players, we have always taken players from youth teams, reserve teams, and lower leagues. The same thing happened with Worthy, Grant, and will happen with Roeder. Its up to the manager to chose good players, and turn them into a cohesive team. Why are people''s expectations so different today?
[/quote]

Because as various people will tell you on here, Football is a changing game,and whilst smaller clubs than us move forward our lot are happy to sit on there hands and hope. Oh and we were pretty good at taking the best youngsters from smaller clubs and selling them on, nowadays it seems we cant even do that,although i have more faith in GR than i did a couple of blokes previous to him.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''ll be serously hacked off if we miss out on Taylor. I have my renewal forms sitting by me at the moment, and they can stay that way until Febuary the 1st.

If the board,  or indeed Roeder, let us down on this.............................................................[:|]

[/quote]

I am sure that the Club will be seriously worried about missing out on your £10.

Blah and BDU, once again no-one has ever said it is impossible to pick up very good players for cheap or free. It is however quite rare. Have a think about our most successful players of the last few years and the abject failures. You cannot expect to build a play-off squad relying solely on bargain-basement signings. Worthington stated "City must pay the going rate" and the board didn`t listen then and seem to have learned nothing from our subsequent slide.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''ll be serously hacked off if we miss out on Taylor. I have my renewal forms sitting by me at the moment, and they can stay that way until Febuary the 1st.

If the board,  or indeed Roeder, let us down on this.............................................................[:|]

[/quote]

I am sure that the Club will be seriously worried about missing out on your £10.

[/quote]

Well i doubt very much its just Wiz. I hope the board doesn''t hold the same disregard to someone whos no doubt invested more money in the club than a lot of people as you do.I''m sure one day when the little off field activities wear thin, the odd renewal might just count. They certainly seem happy for us to invest in a transfer scheme don''t they!?

Why is everyone so obsessed with Taylor? Is it because there''s nothing else to whine about at the moment?

Yes, he''s a good player, but he''s hardly Bobby Moore or Paulo Maldini is he? We''re not leaking goals all over the place are we? I think our efforts would be better directed at finding a striker who can score.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Blah and BDU, once again no-one has ever said it is impossible to pick up very good players for cheap or free. It is however quite rare. Have a think about our most successful players of the last few years and the abject failures. You cannot expect to build a play-off squad relying solely on bargain-basement signings. Worthington stated "City must pay the going rate" and the board didn`t listen then and seem to have learned nothing from our subsequent slide.[/quote]

and how right he was...

Not many listened to Worthy''s wise words then and still the majority of our fans sit by watching those in the boardroom repeat their mistakes.

I would like to bet now that Worthy will be remembered as a far more successful manager than Roeder will be.

I am sure that a year from now Roeder will be out of a job as our wooly flock get all excited about another new competent manager being hung out to dry at City.