Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Would we want to become Arsenal's nursery club?

I''m not saying the Bentley deal makes us that, but such relationships are common on the continent, and what we''re doing with Bentley is exactly what nursery clubs do. Would it be so humiliating? Would it help us survive in the Premiership?

Can''t see it happening .
A manager like Arsene is astute enough to send players to clubs that suit their attributes. Bentley was made for Norwich, but that may not be the case for some players.
Given that Worthy has already stated that he''d like to bring in another half dozen players this close season and (I assume) not all on loan from Arsenal, will there actually be room in the squad for a load of youngsters?
They''re not going to be happy to come here and play reserve matches, nor would their manager.

Besides, Bentley is a gem, even amongst Arsenal''s ample youth talent. His talent is, by all accounts, exceptional. I doubt even Arsenal have many more like him. Would we want a load of "not quite good enough" rough diamonds to polish for the likes of Arsenal?

No the Bentley deal doesn''t make Norwich a nursery club any more than Charlton or Leeds were in having Carlton Cole & Jermaine Pennant on loan. But yes, it would be humiliating if such an arrangement did exist. Loans are one thing, but becoming a feeder club in your own country for a club in your own division is quite another.

Nursery club, no, I''d never advocate that.

But I wouldn''t say no to the young lad Clichy (I think thats spelt correctly) on the left for a season. Good competition for Drury, and very good going forward. Really can''t see him being picked above Ashley Cole at Arsenal. Just a thought.

As much as it pains me, I have to agree with you 100% FatMan Fat!. If it means it would help City stay in the Premiership, then I for one, would be all for it.

It would also ''buy'' us time while we develope our own youth, but like you, I can''t see it happining either.

Well FatMan Fat, we have crossed swords from time to time, have we not?. But in this matter, you are absolutely correct I believe.

The welfare of City comes first, yes?. so what if we ''borrow'' a few players from the alleged best team in England at the moment, its a great compliment to the club as I see it.