Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Takeover- Peter Cullum again.

Mates work colleague is a friend of the Cullum family and was a guest in their executive box for todays game, he was told that Peter Cullum has recently offered to buy Delias shares and she turned him down because he wanted to buy her out lock , stock  and barrel but she still wants to keep some of her shares and retain a seat on the board, negotiations are apparently still ongoing. Hopefully he will be successful in his bid. I have no reason to think he wasn''t telling the truth, if I did I wouldn''t have wasted my time posting it.

Be great if it came off , but surely delia would not stand in the way of this man who is extremly wealthy and a true fan. I won''t hold my breath on this one but i would love to be proved wrong.

until something concrete emerges it will remain speculation. I do think Delia will want to keep a place on the board so she can continue some of the work she has already done.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Mates work colleague is a friend of the Cullum family and was a guest in their executive box for todays game, he was told that Peter Cullum has recently offered to buy Delias shares and she turned him down because he wanted to buy her out lock , stock  and barrel but she still wants to keep some of her shares and retain a seat on the board, negotiations are apparently still ongoing. Hopefully he will be successful in his bid. I have no reason to think he wasn''t telling the truth, if I did I wouldn''t have wasted my time posting it.[/quote]

If that is true kdncfc then it shows exactly why Delia needs to be hounded out of office.

It has looked like this has been the case for a very long time now and as another transfer window passes us by those in the boardroom at Carrow Road who profess to be true fans of the club should hang their heads in shame.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Mates work colleague is a friend of the Cullum family and was a guest in their executive box for todays game, he was told that Peter Cullum has recently offered to buy Delias shares and she turned him down because he wanted to buy her out lock , stock  and barrel but she still wants to keep some of her shares and retain a seat on the board, negotiations are apparently still ongoing. Hopefully he will be successful in his bid. I have no reason to think he wasn''t telling the truth, if I did I wouldn''t have wasted my time posting it.[/quote]

If that is true kdncfc then it shows exactly why Delia needs to be hounded out of office.

It has looked like this has been the case for a very long time now and as another transfer window passes us by those in the boardroom at Carrow Road who profess to be true fans of the club should hang their heads in shame.

[/quote]

Well, another rumour and I am not doubting your integrity kdncfc, but its a good one, a promising one, and therefore one I just daren''t invest any hope in...however.

Have to agree with Smudger to an extent here-Delia can''t go turning down new and genuine big investment if thats what Cullum is proposing, but I can''t see why she shouldn''t have a problem with no longer being majority shareholder unless its an ego thing-surely not? I think that, ultimately, I can see Delia and MWJ becoming Honorary Life Presidents at the club, maintaining their connection and certainly her role with off field activities, but if Cullum, anyone, wants to come along and invest in the football side, she seriously has to sit sown and listen, and listen well. We are not that far away from having a decent side again, and, with backing to the current management and some investment now and certainly in the Summer, we might well push for the top 6 next year.

Something does seem to be "in the air" about the club, you can sense it around the place and even if the Cullum thing is a fantasy, I am sure that something is going on behind the scenes that is pretty major-hopefully positive.

Guest appearance by you tonight Smudger, mind you if you were to continue to post only when we lost we wouldnt have seen you much these past 2 months [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Spot on...Lets see hey?

It has looked like this has been the case for a very long time now

and as another transfer window passes us by those in the boardroom at

Carrow Road who profess to be true fans of the club should hang their

heads in shame

Or to put an opposing view, IF it is true it seems a remarkable turn-around, only a few weeks ago Cullum was reported as saying he had no interest in investing in the club. Someone must have done a good sales job on him, presumably the board. So well done them! And why should Delia just give it all away, ever heard of a negotiation stance? But no, lets use an internet rumour with no substantiation as another opportunity to personally attack Delia.

[quote user="Big Down Under"]

Or to put an opposing view, IF it is true it seems a remarkable turn-around, only a few weeks ago Cullum was reported as saying he had no interest in investing in the club. Someone must have done a good sales job on him, presumably the board. So well done them!

[/quote]

Using your previous argument (about evidence), there is NO evidence in the public domain that the board has or has not ''done a good sales job on him.'' So its premature to be congratulating them. 

[quote user="Big Down Under"]

It has looked like this has been the case for a very long time now and as another transfer window passes us by those in the boardroom at Carrow Road who profess to be true fans of the club should hang their heads in shame

Or to put an opposing view, IF it is true it seems a remarkable turn-around, only a few weeks ago Cullum was reported as saying he had no interest in investing in the club. Someone must have done a good sales job on him, presumably the board. So well done them! And why should Delia just give it all away, ever heard of a negotiation stance? But no, lets use an internet rumour with no substantiation as another opportunity to personally attack Delia.

[/quote]

"So well done them".......[:P]

I thought an individual like you - wouldn''t have even replied to this ''rumour'' and just laughed it off......But, you just can''t help yourself, can you. [:)] I do like Delia, but she and her Hubby.....including the Donkster (not keen on him). Are in my opinion, the ''stumbling blocks'' that are restraining the club from outside investment. Delia stands to lose the whole prestige, the adulation and attention - and the ''celebrideee'' status with her involvement within the club ( including her business involvement in the club Restaurant''s that are her personal forte).  

If the likes of Mr Cullum were to become involved with NCFC, I personally think the Chief Exec wouldn''t remain at the club - and would be quickly replaced......If we were ever to rise to the dizzy heights of the Premiership again - I would also much prefer a Board that weren''t out of their depth and lacking in true ambition - which I felt they were during our recent ''flirt'' a few seasons ago.

Glenn is attempting to replace and offload the ''Stale, Deadwood, Freeloaders, Comfort Zoners and Under-achievers with more experienced and improved individuals.''

I personally, don''t think it would be a bad thing for the Club, if the same wasn''t to occur with the current Board of Director''s......

But it''s only my personal opinion..... 

Kdncfc - this sort of rumour ignites passions and opinions from both sides of the fence so to speak.

I wonder if it true that the board might be mulling it over (after all Delia has gone on record as saying she would sell if anyone was able to buy), but if she was ousted completely I think that may well be a sticking point.

She has of course done much for the club and under those circumstances she should be able to stay on the board. Opinion on her wildly varies of course to her being either a control freak or a saviour, I am sure she is somewhere in between those two descriptions.

Giving her and Michael some sort of Life President status might be the answer. Of course she would have to retain some of the shares to stay on the board, but that amount could be fairly minimal.

The main cause of concern for me however is the perennial one that drags this club into a constant war of words (between us on an internet board and beyond) - any buyer, Cullum or anyone else - would be buying a major shareholding and in effect having complete power over every aspect of running it.

Since Delia and Michael have been on the board many major decisions have had to made, concerning managerial appointments for example. If all Directors had been more equal and therefore making decisions on behalf of the shareholders and fanbase rather than their own personal agendas, maybe our history could have been different?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Big Down Under"]

It has looked like this has been the case for a very long time now and as another transfer window passes us by those in the boardroom at Carrow Road who profess to be true fans of the club should hang their heads in shame

[/quote]

I thought an individual like you - wouldn''t have even replied to this ''rumour'' and just laughed it off......But, you just can''t help yourself, can you. [:)] I do like Delia, but she and her Hubby.....including the Donkster (not keen on him). Are in my opinion, the ''stumbling blocks'' that are restraining the club from outside investment. Delia stands to lose the whole prestige, the adulation and attention - and the ''celebrideee'' status with her involvement within the club ( including her business involvement in the club Restaurant''s that are her personal forte).  

If the likes of Mr Cullum were to become involved with NCFC, I personally think the Chief Exec wouldn''t remain at the club - and would be quickly replaced......If we were ever to rise to the dizzy heights of the Premiership again - I would also much prefer a Board that weren''t out of their depth and lacking in true ambition - which I felt they were during our recent ''flirt'' a few seasons ago.

Glenn is attempting to replace and offload the ''Stale, Deadwood, Freeloaders, Comfort Zoners and Under-achievers with more experienced and improved individuals.''

I personally, don''t think it would be a bad thing for the Club, if the same wasn''t to occur with the current Board of Director''s......

[/quote]

Well said Mello, can''t disagree with a word of that.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Kdncfc - this sort of rumour ignites passions and opinions from both sides of the fence so to speak. I wonder if it true that the board might be mulling it over (after all Delia has gone on record as saying she would sell if anyone was able to buy), but if she was ousted completely I think that may well be a sticking point. She has of course done much for the club and under those circumstances she should be able to stay on the board. Opinion on her wildly varies of course to her being either a control freak or a saviour, I am sure she is somewhere in between those two descriptions. Giving her and Michael some sort of Life President status might be the answer. Of course she would have to retain some of the shares to stay on the board, but that amount could be fairly minimal. The main cause of concern for me however is the perennial one that drags this club into a constant war of words (between us on an internet board and beyond) - any buyer, Cullum or anyone else - would be buying a major shareholding and in effect having complete power over every aspect of running it. Since Delia and Michael have been on the board many major decisions have had to made, concerning managerial appointments for example. If all Directors had been more equal and therefore making decisions on behalf of the shareholders and fanbase rather than their own personal agendas, maybe our history could have been different?[/quote]

It is a bad thing for an individual to have so much say in the running of a football club and it probably wouldn''t be a bad thing if the shareholding was split between a couple of people, I personally would rather the Turners bought some of Delias shares and someone like Mr Cullum bought the rest to dilute the power that any one person has at the club, having said that Peter Cullum sounds a decent guy and is obviously a fan so if it was a choice between staying as we are now and him buying all of Delias shares I know who I would rather have as the owner of the club. If this is true negotiatiations are apparently still ongoing.

I also posted this on the official site and someone has posted a reply claiming to know Mr Cullum and saying that he has told him that he may be interested in 3 or 4 years time when he retires but not at the moment. I seem to remember a similar thing being posted on here 3 or 4 months ago when this rumour was first posted on here, so whether he is referring to what was said then or whether Mr Cullum has reiterated what he said back then I don''t know.  A lot can change in 4 months. Time will tell.

I too have known Peter since our days at the CNS together in the 1960s and a brief appearance together for Norwich Boys in the mid 1960s. We have kept in touch on a fairly regular basis and I can confirm that he is the real, genuine local boy made good who does a lot of work for charity and has a Director of Fun at his company who organises days out for his staff etc. They all love him. He would be ideal for the Club in terms of his persona (and his £700m would come in handy too!) However, it was I who reported a few months ago that Peter will not be taking an active interest in the Club until he retires in a few years'' time. He is very focused on his business and I would be surprised if anything has caused him to change his views in such a short space of time. That was when we were well adrift at the bottom of the league and in desperate need of him. Now that the ship has steadied somewhat I would be surprised if he''s changed his views. That''s not to say he hasn''t or won''t but knowing him I''m not pinning any great hopes on it at this time. 

Cullum as he said at the time is too busy with his business so I can''t see him becoming involved with the club until he sells his business. This is unlikely to happen until the global debt market soughts itself out so as the private equity houses can not raise debt to do a deal of that size at the moment.

I do try to stay silent on this issue for reasons that I cannot go into but without opinion on the likelihood of
Peter putting money in, here a are few facts to ponder on.

1. Peter doesn''t have a box at Carrow Road nor does "his family". Peter bought part of a Norwich based Insurance broker last year that has a box, so therefore he has access to one. Peter has never owned a box.

2. Peter is not a huge fan in the sense that he hardly ever goes. Last season he went to two matches, including the final game of the season against Southampton.

3. Whilst PC is a wealthy man, the reported wealth is based around a share value of his company Towergate. Towergate will be floated in due course and at that time he will be a very wealthy bloke 100 but until then he is not as rich as is reported.

So I certainly would never rule out the posibility BUT at this stage there would need to be a sound business reason for him to put money in. He might take on the debt a la Marcus Evans but I''m still not sure that that is the best thing for any club. 

So we will see, but the idea that he is a fanatic with money to burn just isn''t true. You wont see him in the Barclay with a shirt on!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Big Down Under"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Whatever, Mello. The rumour has no foundation, as does the criticism of the board, as does my ''defense'' of the board. I even put ''if'' in capitals to give everyone a clue. You are right in a way, I shouldn''t have bitten, I should leave the immature gibbering to those more suited for it.Just for a serious point though, right now Delia is getting very little adulation by beeing an NCFC director, and after ''that'' half time speech against Man City very little prestige either. She would, PR wise, be far better suited to focusing 100% on her cookery books/series. She isn''t a ''celebredee'' she had a very good career teaching the nation to cook (tm). There is only one reason she is involved in NCFC, and thats because she cares about the club. I am getting entirely sick of unfounded and ill thought out personal attacks against her.

Oh well another groundless rumour squashed, such a shame when someone who knows what they are talking about comes on and spoils all the fun.

On the plus side though the usual know-nothing morons have been able to have yet another ill-founded and uninformed dig at the board before the facts were known so all is not lost.

In the medium to long term we will need to stamp out people posting on this board who know what they are talking about or the resulting outbreak of good sense could make a large number of certain regular posters on here start to feel very stupid....and that would never do!

No idea whether it''s true or not, but it sounds as though Peter Cullum has sold his business now.  On a  radio programme about two weeks ago (R4 or R5 - can''t remember which) I heard him mentioned as being on some sort of rich list and worth £1.7 bn.

Like all fans i look forward to much needed investment in our beloved club but all these rumours are  i.m.o  not helping this to happen.             It might help to slow the process down if negotiations are ongoing as has been stated , but were are the facts ? it is so easy to moan about the board when few of us really have any idea of any dealings which may or may not be occurring we all live of scraps as far as rumours go .                          We need calm on and off the pitch Glenn is doing his bit with results , players ect   and the fans are getting rightfully behind them long may it contiue and if things are to change at a higher level then so be it as long as this club is looked after in a propper way as i believe it has been [ mostly ] so far .                    If a takeover were to happen i cannot see it happening until at least the seasons end these things do take a hell of a long time to complete like buying a new home just bloody longer ...........COME ON CITY................................. 

There was press reports in May that he was looking to sell the business but that was before the sub-prime credit crunch. There is no further new since and there is unlikely to be until theuncertainty in the debt market clears. The value of his business has been estimated at 2 to 3 billion.

[quote user="Big Down Under"]Just for a serious point though, right now Delia is getting very little adulation by beeing an NCFC director, and after ''that'' half time speech against Man City very little prestige either.[/quote]So you accept her antics have damaged the club''s reputation more than they have enhanced it?

I am afraid that Mr Cullums position has not changed, while he is encouraged by Roeders progress, he see''s all Championship Clubs at "trading at a considerable loss" and he remains a loyal and patient fan. I know this because he told me. Make from it as you will.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I am afraid that Mr Cullums position has not changed, while he is encouraged by Roeders progress, he see''s all Championship Clubs at "trading at a considerable loss" and he remains a loyal and patient fan. I know this because he told me. Make from it as you will.[/quote]

I know this is an individual opinion on the subject but as you quote him as being a ''''loyal fan'''' and one day possibly worth in the region of a billion plus [or so we are led to believe] why wouldn''t he invest a few million in the team? We as supporters who earn nowhere near in a million years are expected to part with hard earned money every year that would be better spent on famillies,debts,morgages so on, but as passionate supporters we spend it on the club. I''m sure most on here would be looking into it if we had the kind of money Mr Cullum had. If the average city fan earns around 30-40 grand a year parts with maybe grand a year following city,why wouldn''t such a passionate fan invest say 50 million?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I am afraid that Mr Cullums position has not changed, while he is encouraged by Roeders progress, he see''s all Championship Clubs at "trading at a considerable loss" and he remains a loyal and patient fan. I know this because he told me. Make from it as you will.[/quote]

I know this is an individual opinion on the subject but as you quote him as being a ''''loyal fan'''' and one day possibly worth in the region of a billion plus [or so we are led to believe] why wouldn''t he invest a few million in the team? We as supporters who earn nowhere near in a million years are expected to part with hard earned money every year that would be better spent on famillies,debts,morgages so on, but as passionate supporters we spend it on the club. I''m sure most on here would be looking into it if we had the kind of money Mr Cullum had. If the average city fan earns around 30-40 grand a year parts with maybe grand a year following city,why wouldn''t such a passionate fan invest say 50 million?

[/quote]Using the same analogy arthur, as a self professed successful businessman here and in Hungary, one assumes that you will be investing a few thousand in this new transfer fund (as a loyal fan of course).