Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Roeder is the best thing for City since O'Neil

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

The decline started under Worthy nutty, and most of his post-Prem signings were poor.  Only you refuse to accept this. 

I notice you don`t address my last paragraph re. refusing to flog off our best players unlike previous seasons.  Do you think we`d have been promoted if we`d done that and replaced them with freebies?

[/quote]

Classic Mr C - get something right "his post-Prem signings were poor" and they blow it by inventing a list of suitors for our best players when it is obvious there were no offers in any case.

[/quote]

That really is a classic- we only kept our best players because no-one else wanted them!  The bid for Russell was commented on by McNally.  Bowkett seemed pretty sure we could sell off our best players- even quoting a figure- but i suppose according to you bitter twisters he was making it up?

[/quote]

Get real Mr C. There is Bowkett & McNally are both big enough to push quotes into the media for effect without necessarily making it up. I know you are looking for a great sea change in the way the club is run, its financial position and to give the credit to a "new" regime but this is very thin evidence. Fact is we have players that have done a great job in DIV ONE but there hasn''t been any great demand for them and we probably shouldn''t expect there to be. One speculative enquiry for Russell does not make a Summer or Christmas sale.

So this comes back to my earlier question- why did you expect subsequent managers to achieve what a good manager in Worthy couldn`t?  The bigger picture is that declines, once they gain momentum, are pretty hard to reverse and ours started with our board failing to back Worthy in the transfer market despite raking in millions from parachute payments and player sales- something i think you have previously accepted.  Along with Doncasters abysmal "we can`t compete" rhetoric and lies that all transfer income was reinvested in the team, we had the look of a club which had given up on its football team and from that player and fan unrest was inevitable and that in turn fed the decline.  We have no idea what Worthy could have achieved if he`d been properly backed, just as we have no idea what kind of talent we may have attracted if we`d been seen to have a modicum of ambition- both playing and management.  The scandal is we didn`t even try.  Grant was a ridiculous cheap option appointment who then lost three of his five best players for £5.5m and had about half that to replace them, plus clear out some dead wood and bring in his own type of player- he failed, but why the hell should that be a surprise? 

We are now showing the drive and ambition people on here have been calling for and surprise, surprise it`s working.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

The decline started under Worthy nutty, and most of his post-Prem signings were poor.  Only you refuse to accept this. 

I notice you don`t address my last paragraph re. refusing to flog off our best players unlike previous seasons.  Do you think we`d have been promoted if we`d done that and replaced them with freebies?

[/quote]

Classic Mr C - get something right "his post-Prem signings were poor" and they blow it by inventing a list of suitors for our best players when it is obvious there were no offers in any case.

[/quote]

That really is a classic- we only kept our best players because no-one else wanted them!  The bid for Russell was commented on by McNally.  Bowkett seemed pretty sure we could sell off our best players- even quoting a figure- but i suppose according to you bitter twisters he was making it up?

[/quote]

Get real Mr C. There is Bowkett & McNally are both big enough to push quotes into the media for effect without necessarily making it up. I know you are looking for a great sea change in the way the club is run, its financial position and to give the credit to a "new" regime but this is very thin evidence. Fact is we have players that have done a great job in DIV ONE but there hasn''t been any great demand for them and we probably shouldn''t expect there to be. One speculative enquiry for Russell does not make a Summer or Christmas sale.

[/quote]

So what "effect" did those quotes have BF?  Maybe to inspire and invigorate people and ensure there wasn`t "great demand" for our best players because other clubs knew they were not for sale?  What a refreshing change......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So what "effect" did those quotes have BF?  Maybe to inspire and invigorate people and ensure there wasn`t "great demand" for our best players because other clubs knew they were not for sale?  What a refreshing change......

[/quote]

No argument with that Mr C![:D][:O]