Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Roeder is the best thing for City since O'Neil

There''s little doubt in my mind

And I believe it is incumbent on all true fans to keep up the pressure on the NCFC board to ensure that it does not all end in tragedy with another Windass moment.

Are we approaching The Tipping Point of the Delia regime?

Come on the board - time for a switch to more ambitious prudence. Catch this tide at the flood or perish.

And that''s the way I see it.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Roeder is the best thing for City since O''Neil

[/quote]

and we all know how that ended up....

jas :)

And I believe it is incumbent on all true fans to keep up the pressure on the NCFC board to ensure that it does not all end in tragedy with another Windass moment.

Come on the board - time for a switch to more ambitious prudence. Catch this tide at the flood or perish.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Agreed.

However will this board realise what a good manager they have?

he has pleasantly suprised me as you all remember i said he do rubbish! fair play for him proving me wrong

to say he best thing since o''neil is bit rash though. wait and see how you feel this time next year. wait till after roeders honeymoon period is over and see how he gets out of bad spells with his players (before you lot say he has dont that)

good luck roeder so far jobs a good''un

but in time we will see

the pressure on the NCFC board to ensure that it does not all end in tragedy with another Windass moment.

[/quote]

stop going on about a "windass moment"

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Why do you feel obliged to start another thread to make EXACTLY the same point you made on the other current thread " Glenn''s Transfer Policy Will End In Tears"?

For goodness sake BlyBly get out of your rut. Just as a matter of interest, after you have finished posting your continuous barrage of doom and gloom what is your demeanour with other family members when you take a break from the computer? Are you able to switch into an upbeat mood? 

[quote user="Beaker"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

the pressure on the NCFC board to ensure that it does not all end in tragedy with another Windass moment.

[/quote]

[/quote]It''s a form of ''wind ass moment'' every time he opens his mouth...

I hope he is. He''s got rid of several players who could have covered (perhaps not very well) in the event of several injuries. I just hope that he is able to arrange some cover soon.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Why do you feel obliged to start another thread to make EXACTLY the same point you made on the other current thread " Glenn''s Transfer Policy Will End In Tears"?

For goodness sake BlyBly get out of your rut. Just as a matter of interest, after you have finished posting your continuous barrage of doom and gloom what is your demeanour with other family members when you take a break from the computer? Are you able to switch into an upbeat mood? 

[/quote]

Now, now Yankee. Why don''t you stick to American Football - remember it''s on the other message board  [:)]- if you feel unable to join a campaign to pressure the NCFC board into properly supporting the good work to date of Glen Roeder?

And while I''m about it, that old man in your avatar is frightening our dog by poking his finger in our faces.

In my football life I''m upbeat all the time because of Glen Roeder - just very wary and untrusting of the current NCFC board. A dose of healthy skepticism about the board might work wonders for your analytical powers - uncritical, unthinking fawning will get us nowhere.

OTBC

[quote user="biggleyellow"]You didn''t answer his question, do you like the attention of starting a new post each time?[/quote]

What do you think Biggles?

OTBC

in fairness roeder has not acheived anything yet worthington got us to the play off finals & then won us the league taking us to the premiership, i know it all went wrong but i think it''s unfair to overlook his achivements.

agree with the sentiments though i am highely immpressed with roeder.

[quote user="biggleyellow"]You didn''t answer his question, do you like the attention of starting a new post each time?[/quote]

What do you think Biggles?

OTBC

[/quote]

He''s waiting for you to start a new thread to give us the answer.

[quote user="Beaker"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Windass.... Sounds like the Chief Exec...[:D]

One love.

OTBC

Sorry, but what??  I like Glen, he has done well, but its early stages, worthy got us in the Premier League, and was manager during the time the Jarrold and the infill got constructed.  I know he went on for too long, but I don''t think we would be anywhere near where we are now if it wasnt for Worthy.  O''Neill was great, but not here for very long, and we didnt get promoted under him, and beat Man U and Newcastle under him!!

[/quote]

[quote user="gissing canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One love.

OTBC

Sorry, but what??  I like Glen, he has done well, but its early stages, worthy got us in the Premier League, and was manager during the time the Jarrold and the infill got constructed.  I know he went on for too long, but I don''t think we would be anywhere near where we are now if it wasnt for Worthy.  O''Neill was great, but not here for very long, and we didnt get promoted under him, and beat Man U and Newcastle under him!!

[/quote][/quote]

Errrrm.......now where do I begin?

Give up. Don''t have the time.

OTBC

[quote user="gissing canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Gissing is right. You''re wrong. Nigel Worthington remains the best manager this club has had for years; how can you even think otherwise? His achievements are outstanding - a Championship title, a play off final defeat and within one win of staying in the Premiership.

What did O''Neill ever do for us? He jumped ship at the first sign of trouble. He didn''t accomplish half of what Worthington did nor stayed even a quarter of Worthington''s eventual tenure.

Don''t let two very poor seasons cloud your judgement over what was the most successful period this club has had in a very, very long time. It shows how narrow minded and illogical you are.

[quote user="Wings"][quote user="gissing canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Gissing is right. You''re wrong. Nigel Worthington remains the best manager this club has had for years; how can you even think otherwise? His achievements are outstanding - a Championship title, a play off final defeat and within one win of staying in the Premiership.

What did O''Neill ever do for us? He jumped ship at the first sign of trouble. He didn''t accomplish half of what Worthington did nor stayed even a quarter of Worthington''s eventual tenure.

Don''t let two very poor seasons cloud your judgement over what was the most successful period this club has had in a very, very long time. It shows how narrow minded and illogical you are.

[/quote]

OK Nigel. Have it your way if it makes you happy in your little world.

But that''s what happens when you adopt little benchmarks.

Roeder has massive upside potential compared with Worthington.

OTBC

Bly, they''re stating an absolute stonewall fact, he may have stayed too long but Worthy was in charge of our most successful period by far in the midst of mediocrity, and almost everyone can agree to that. Can you not remember it?I''m not saying we don''t want better, or that Roeder could do better for us, but that fact remains.so either agree, or disagree and argue your case. Don''t be so patronising in your response.and, are you ever going to reply to Yankee Canary''s question, or are you just going to duck out of that one too.speaking of credibility..............

[quote user="judderman"]Bly, they''re stating an absolute stonewall fact, he may have stayed too long but Worthy was in charge of our most successful period by far in the midst of mediocrity, and almost everyone can agree to that. Can you not remember it?
I''m not saying we don''t want better, or that Roeder could do better for us, but that fact remains.

so either agree, or disagree and argue your case. Don''t be so patronising in your response.

and, are you ever going to reply to Yankee Canary''s question, or are you just going to duck out of that one too.

speaking of credibility..............
[/quote]

Judder.

It is my opinion that:

(a) Roeder is the best thing to happen to City since O''Neil,

(b) Roeder has massive upside potential compared with Worthington,

(c) O''Neil would have taken us straight back into the Prem but for the Windass imbrolio, and

(d) Worthington got lucky, and then his limitations were severely exposed in both the recent Prem excursion and the subsequent dismal failure back in the CCC.

That''s all. Put it together or pull it apart all you like. I could be wrong, but I think I''m right. There''s no disrespect to Worthington; he did his best and had a couple of moments in the sun.

As for Yankee and his question? Forget it. He''s just p*ssed off because the mods shifted his recent post on American (US type) football from this forum to a more appropriate one, and he is blaming me.

One love.

OTBC

Dont get me wrong, I wanted Worthy out badly at the end, but I think people are way too harsh on him.But your arguments, highlight beautifully the complete lack of material you have for them.a) just an opinion, no evidence, and its the title of the post.b) I agree, I believe Glen might be able to go further, but as yet he hasnt done it, and always has a great first season, but his seconds are a little more concerning.  I think he got about 40points and came 13th with Newcastle - Duff, Martins, Milner, in his second season!  Worthy got what late 30points???c) An opinion, no way of knowing.d) Lucky???  Whoa really re-writing some history here - play-off final in the season we were tipped to go down.  Then winning the title 2 years later.  We barely got the transfer targets we wanted, Hulse, O''Connor.  He signed Emblem as captain, and got injured straight away.  I am sure loads of other teams would want a manager who gets lucky and gets a title!  I dont think Tottenham or Newcastle would mind!I agree he ran out of ideas, but maybe energy and should of gone earlier, but we were one game away from staying up, and gave us Hucks, Ashton and Earnie!So far on permanent Glen has signed Pattison, and got rid of back up rubbish - Good work.  Worthy sold Lee Marshal (he went on to big things) and signed Drury and Holt!I like Glen but put it in perspective, O''Neill would have been great had he stayed, but "if only the ball had crossed the line......" - its ITV style rubbish, ifs are easy to do!

[B][quote user="gissing canary"]Dont get me wrong, I wanted Worthy out badly at the end, but I think people are way too harsh on him.
But your arguments, highlight beautifully the complete lack of material you have for them.
a) just an opinion, no evidence, and its the title of the post.
b) I agree, I believe Glen might be able to go further, but as yet he hasnt done it, and always has a great first season, but his seconds are a little more concerning.  I think he got about 40points and came 13th with Newcastle - Duff, Martins, Milner, in his second season!  Worthy got what late 30points???
c) An opinion, no way of knowing.
d) Lucky???  Whoa really re-writing some history here - play-off final in the season we were tipped to go down.  Then winning the title 2 years later.  We barely got the transfer targets we wanted, Hulse, O''Connor.  He signed Emblem as captain, and got injured straight away.  I am sure loads of other teams would want a manager who gets lucky and gets a title!  I dont think Tottenham or Newcastle would mind!

I agree he ran out of ideas, but maybe energy and should of gone earlier, but we were one game away from staying up, and gave us Hucks, Ashton and Earnie!

So far on permanent Glen has signed Pattison, and got rid of back up rubbish - Good work.  Worthy sold Lee Marshal (he went on to big things) and signed Drury and Holt!

I like Glen but put it in perspective, O''Neill would have been great had he stayed, but "if only the ball had crossed the line......" - its ITV style rubbish, ifs are easy to do!

[/quote]

So it seems that we should vote to eliminate that word ''opinion'' from the dictionary? A sort of Luddite attack on the poor word?

And then maybe the Napoleons and Squealers will seek to make the world a better place shouting:

''''No opinions! No opinions! No opinions! Opinions bad! Opinions bad!"

Whilst the farm yard chorus belts out:

I see the future
Shine on me
And pictures
Of the times to be.
Where day and night
And heat and cold
And birth and death
Are all controlled
And profit rules
And all is calm
On Gissing''s grey
And modern farm.

One love.

OTBC

Sooo many tipping points...

Was an 8.5m player budget ambitious prudence[:^)]

I expect Roeder didn''t get lucky like Worthington did[:''(]

I wonder if Lambert''s feeling lucky...

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/f16339863.gif[/IMG]

i thought this was going to be one of those posts suggesting he was the best thing because re signalled the beginning of the end for (some of) the previous regime.

would be a good point if it were.