Sign in to follow this  
Chris Proctor

Iliev scenario

Has this fizzled out or something? Loads of stuff about him having a medical etc and then nothing for 2 days

Also note all the stuff on Birmingham having to sell to get cash for players - fingers crossed a Taylor deal isnt impossible yet!

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Is there a situation where we are still desperate to get Taylor. And should we get him we would pull out of the iliev deal?[/quote]

Thats crossed my mind too Trent....................brinkmanship, yes?.

[quote user="Chris Proctor"]

Has this fizzled out or something? Loads of stuff about him having a medical etc and then nothing for 2 days

Also note all the stuff on Birmingham having to sell to get cash for players - fingers crossed a Taylor deal isnt impossible yet!

[/quote]

According some surces  the deal for Iliev will be sign on Monday all is almost completed but still some formalitys  must be solved next few days between CSKA and Norwich.

This is far as I know so we will see this deal must be done at last on Monday.

Not surprising it''s taking a while; reckon Glenn wants a damn good look at him first. I also suspect a lot of talking up is going on by his agent (& Boris!). Interesting to note that Dave was too proud to trial for Watford - or worried hr couldn''t cut it? So, knowing this, perhaps Valentin''s coming in for extra scrutiny. The Tiny situation is the classic hardball buyer-seller one; somebody will have to blink sooner or later - let''s hope it''s Brum!

Taylor and Iliev will both be Norwich players soon.

[quote user="Chris Proctor"]

[/quote]

Still no chance of someone sneaking near enough to Colney to get a snap of him training there?  I doubt they''d allow a potential signing to sit and do nothing if we want him ready to play.

[quote user="benk"]

Would they want to wait for confirmation of a work permit before unveiling? Does this take only a few days and so can be done relatively quickly before announcing the signing officially?

Ben

[/quote]

Thats what I imagine. I assume international transfers are far more complex than domestic, hence the wait. Still would be good to have an update or two from the club.

In the article about Birmingham having to sell Tiny on My Football Writer it says right at the bottom of page 2 Illiev is only on trial however loud his agent says differently .

The trial scenario has also been stated by the Club, I tried to tell you all earlier but the Mods wouldn''t print it. Lets just say that everyones favourite Club official said that he was only on trial, and we were nowhere near signing him at the moment.

(can I say this then Vince?)

[quote user="O.J."][quote user="JC"]

Taylor and Iliev will both be Norwich players soon.[/quote]

Where would this leave Doc? I have been a big critic in the past but his recent form has been excellent, and dropping him now would be very harsh.

[/quote]

Inconsistency in central defence is a nightmare for a manager.

OTBC

[quote user="Boris"]

The very last info from Bulgarian press is that Norwich is very impressed from Iliev and only work permit problem delay transfer to be officialy anonsed.

So lets hope this to be solved and we to sign Iliev.

here is the link if some one read cyrilic :p

http://gong.bg/view_article.php?article_id=32875

[/quote]

Anybody here translate Bulgarian?

Shame on you Google!

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Boris"]

The very last info from Bulgarian press is that Norwich is very impressed from Iliev and only work permit problem delay transfer to be officialy anonsed.

So lets hope this to be solved and we to sign Iliev.

here is the link if some one read cyrilic :p

http://gong.bg/view_article.php?article_id=32875

[/quote]

Anybody here translate Bulgarian?

Shame on you Google!

[/quote]

This report has been picked up - or it''s an agency report - on a Russian footie website.  Says the same thing basically - only thing to be resolved is work permit and visa paperwork.  Obviously rules him out for Saturday but might be in time for Bury.

I don''t speak Bulgarian but I do speak Russian and the Russian report looks the same source to me.  Says he has "impressed" your club and has agreed terms.  No fee is mentioned. 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="O.J."][quote user="JC"]

Taylor and Iliev will both be Norwich players soon.[/quote]

Where would this leave Doc? I have been a big critic in the past but his recent form has been excellent, and dropping him now would be very harsh.

[/quote]

Inconsistency in central defence is a nightmare for a manager.

OTBC

[/quote]

Exactly Bly, which is why I believe that Roeder has not given up the ghost on Taylor. Those four, five including Murray IF he stays, should be good competition for each other as well.