Fantastic!! Even if Evans isn''t the perfect solution, to be able to get somebody who can slot straight back in is brilliant.

Roeder is a class act!

I not see many positives with this deal.

Its simply we not have any chanse to sign Ched permanently so we need to solve our problems in attack with own player or new transfer.

This always to bring loan players is money for nothing and we must prepare for next season settle in front own players not Man City players.

If loan is on great player like Huckerby Svenson or now Ameobi rumours OK but this teenager is waste of time and money for us coz we must solved our problems soon and Ched is not the answer because he is hot prospect and will be Man City player next few years at least.

So we must sign some one permanently or if is on loan to be with option to sign permanent imo.

Good business, but i''m with Boris on this one. My gut feeling tells me that the club are not willing to spend on a decent striker or two and are plannining to fill the gap with loan signings.

I hope i''m wrong.

What does emergency loan imply - to my way of thinking it means Roeder has just about given up on the strikers we have and doesn''t think we will get anyone better in until at least the closing stages of the Transfer Window.  I just hope that Sven''s last piece of advice was that the "Chedi" needs to convert more chances!!

[quote user="Boris"]

If loan is on great player like Huckerby Svenson or now Ameobi rumours OK but this teenager is waste of time and money for us coz we must solved our problems soon and Ched is not the answer because he is hot prospect and will be Man City player next few years at least.

[/quote]

True, but if he scores the goals to keep us up this season then it''s good business.

i diasagree inch and boris. i think there more in this than simply getting players in on the cheap. he can be recalled from the start on february onwards and is on "emergency loan". to me, this would emply we''re just getting him as cover untill will hopefully sign somone before the end of the window. if u ask me glenn has just got 400k (or "in the region of") for brown and is planning on getting a striker in, ched is just cover until then.

i also think this brown money is seperate from the illiev or taylor deal(s) and will go on a striker. ok he new brown was probably going wen he bid for illiev originally, but possibly not. however no deals had been don wen he bid for taylor. i think he has money for a defender which hes about to spend and possibly more (altho probably not) plus browns money for a striker which will be done by the end of jan, allowing ched to return if man city so wish.

i rest me case.

[quote user="shefcanary"]

What does emergency loan imply - to my way of thinking it means Roeder has just about given up on the strikers we have and doesn''t think we will get anyone better in until at least the closing stages of the Transfer Window.  I just hope that Sven''s last piece of advice was that the "Chedi" needs to convert more chances!!

[/quote]I think it means that when you only have 1 or 2 recognized players in the position ... but we have Jarvis, Martin, Cureton, Dion & perhaps Hucks ... hmm has Roeder been telling white lies ?? =P

[quote user="Boris"]

I not see many positives with this deal.

Its simply we not have any chanse to sign Ched permanently so we need to solve our problems in attack with own player or new transfer.

This always to bring loan players is money for nothing and we must prepare for next season settle in front own players not Man City players.

So we must sign some one permanently or if is on loan to be with option to sign permanent imo.

[/quote]

Sorry, Boris, but this is rubbish.

Right HERE right NOW a decent striker is desperately needed. Getting Evans in NOW means that Glenn has the rest of the transfer window to find a permanent signing. Or would you rather he''d rushed out & bought another Chris Brown?

No, given the situation, this was a superb piece of work. Trying to use it as a stick to beat Roeder or the board with, by saying it means they''re ergo not trying for an Ameobi class striker, is plain daft.

I also dont think Ched is as awesome as some say... scored two in a row then went a bit dry after that.

[quote user="inch_high"]

Good business, but i''m with Boris on this one. My gut feeling tells me that the club are not willing to spend on a decent striker or two and are plannining to fill the gap with loan signings.

I hope i''m wrong.

[/quote]

no, surely on ''emergency loan'' means that he will be here until roeder finds a suitable permanent signing to fill that position, it doesnt mean where not going to get a striker in because we have have one on a months ''emergency loan''

[quote user="shefcanary"]

[/quote]

My interpretetation of it is, that with the chances of the Amobi (sp) loan deal put on hold with big sams sacking at newcastle, Ched suddenly has more chance of making the starting line up at norwich, thus svens change of heart.

With Brown gone and Strihavka packing his bags we are desperately short up front (The reviews of martin and jarvis dont provide optimism). We get Evans for a month, when he goes we should have a new striker or two. Good work Glenn. (Assuming we do get a striker in!)