Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

The Old Farm Wars

Yes, the following are rumours, but if both us and them down the road are after Taylor, Norris and Parry, which I suspect we are, then an interesting battle could be about to ignite, one that we probably haven''t seen since the Andy Marshall affair- players having to choose between yellow and blue.

This could signify a very interesting chapter in East Anglian football:

1. Who has the more money (probably Ipswich).

2. Who is the more attractive club.

3. Whose manager appeals more to the players in question.

I might be reading too much into this, but I do honestly believe that whether the likes of Norris, Taylor and Parry choose us or town may will give us a clear indication of which club really is going in the right direction. If we can get them, old Jim may well be forced to go to plan''s b, c and d... a big blow to their play-off bid, a big hit for our re-building process. The following weeks could well shape the landscape of Norfolk/Suffolk football for the forseeable future.

Go get ''em Glenn!

as outsider i would say

1. ipswich

2. both very similar current state, ipswich with money high position in league and up coming manager, but that could all change this time next year. your very similar

3. i would say magilton given current circumstances. he new upcoming manager and doing excellent job and has money to back him

roeder obviosuly has the old links with clubs and certain players going for him

so its hard one to judge, i feel magilton could sell a car easier than roeder in my opinion as a salesman

as to players

taylor will go to you guys

norris will stay or go to ipswich over you due to money. can norwich afford 1.5m? especially if getting taylor

parry i heard wants move back to midlands. maybe coventry. maybe wolves (although not heard we in for him)leicester also. part from that theres no other reasonable midlands teams who would want him

1- Ipswich without question have far more money, we all know the state we''re in.

2- Not much in it from a non bias perspective. Both teams have been poor over recent years but Ipswich have the better history if you go way back. Obviously they are in a play off spot and we could be back in the bottom three come Sunday, so they must shade this one.

3- I''d probably fall asleep if I had a conversation with Glen, he''s an incredibly boring man, however , he should have the better contacts in the game which is a big bonus. Magilton looks to be potentially good manager, has lots of passion and as mentioned would be able to sell his club to potential players far more enthusiastically than Glen. Saying that he can''t have many useful contacts. So can''t really call it, but I''m afraid they may also shade this one too [:(]

[quote user="paul"]

3- I''d probably fall asleep if I had a conversation with Glen, he''s an incredibly boring man, however , he should have the better contacts in the game which is a big bonus. Magilton looks to be potentially good manager, has lots of passion and as mentioned would be able to sell his club to potential players far more enthusiastically than Glen. Saying that he can''t have many useful contacts. So can''t really call it, but I''m afraid they may also shade this one too [:(]

[/quote]

Incredibly thoughtful - YES, incredibly boring - NO.

Presumably you would prefer a screamer and shouter with "passion" rather than someone with a bit of intelligence? Someone like Peter Grant [:|].

Maybe Ipswich will get all cash obsessed, bling bling, roasting tosspieces and Roeder will go about his business in a quiet and unassuming manner and attract some thoughtful and intelligent footballers. Then we avoid relegation comfortably, continue to build in the summer and sweep all before us next season playing like a cross between a modern day Arsenal and the Norwich of the late ''80s and early ''90s. Or maybe not, but it''s OK to dream isn''t it?