Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

Strihavka's contract terminated

Bit of shock(well for me anyways)

this was your main summer signing really alongside marshall. thought it would been worthwhile loaning him to league 1 side to get matches and experience

but suppouse he probably didnt fit into to the english lifestyle as well to the league

good luck in the future

i dont know the ins and out of the deal, but maybe if he stayed the whole season you had to pay more or if he made so many apperences which is coming up

so maybe its financial deal by norwich to ditch him asap

Seems slightly odd that rumours were flying about about the overall transfer for this guy and then he is gone.....

Lets be honest who would have paid anything for him? 

I should imagine Roeder has been trying to sell or offer him to other clubs for a while now with obviously no takers.

This story will be buried today as the club would want ...as another signing will be announced.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Duffman"]

Bloody hell, we were at some point prepared to pay 1.1 million for him.

[/quote]I''m sure we would have if he''d had a great season and scored plenty of goals, unfortunatly not to be, I wish him all the best.

[quote user="Duffman"]This makes no sense, Why couldnt we have sold him and got some money back?  [/quote]

Because the way the deal was structured if we got rid now, it only costs £240k compared to £1mil + if we kept him on.

[quote user="Duffman"]

Bloody hell, we were at some point prepared to pay 1.1 million for him.

[/quote]

I think maybe his potential ability could have warranted it.  I don''t ever think he had problems football wise, he just looked like a lost sheep everytime I saw him.

English clubs are infamous for being poor in helping foreign players integrate into a new country and City are no different.  I imagine he has been living in a hotel or rented house on his own, knows no one but people at the club and has been very lonely.  He could hardly speak English and would have been away from all his family friends.  It''s asking a lot to expect a young man to deal with all that, it would have made sense for City to try and bring another Czech to the club to help him settle..  Clubs in Italy and Spain are much more adept at dealing with these situations.

Getting rid of him makes perfect sense and frees up money for wages. And of course Roeder would have tried to sell him but obviously there were no offeres. As it stands we''ve only lost 245,000 on him, keeping him any longer would just be throwing money away. We just simply can''t have strikers like Big Dave and Chris Brown who don''t score goals. I think Javis and Martin should take heed of this and do some extra shooting practice, their days are numbered.

What it does make you realise though is that all the headlines and details given to the press were that we had bought a 1 million pound striker to make it look to everyone as though we had spent a bit of cash whereas actually we had only spent 250k, which as it turns out is a good thing but there was no mention of this at the time.  And now we are terminating his contract Doncaster et al are all to keen to tell us that only 250k plus wages has gone down the plughole.  Fast getting fed up with this kind of spin.

[quote user="we8wba"]

i dont know the ins and out of the deal, but maybe if he stayed the whole season you had to pay more or if he made so many apperences which is coming up

so maybe its financial deal by norwich to ditch him asap

[/quote]

Agree and accoridng pink-un article this is the reason!

Now I see why we need badly Ched back coz we now is very short in attack.

Wasnt given a good enough run-out and i thought he looks impressive when playing.

I guess Roeder didnt see much in him though.

Good luck for the future Strihavka :)

He had no chance - no-one saw enough of him here to judge how good/bad he is. Bizarre that Brown should have had so many more opportunities than Strihavka, but it''s all water under the bridge.

wonder if you will get the remaining 1.2m which was supposdely agreed to pay, back for deals or will the board keep it!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sorry for the boy - but he never looked likely to succeed in the champs. 

best of luck dave! and another piece of good business by the board - only brellier to send on his way now.
[/quote]

The board were only backing the managers judgement which is how it should be. And i wouldn''t blame Peter Grant either as there was nothing wrong with Strihavkas'' technical ability. The bottom line is he couldn''t adapt to life in England and was unhappy, and am told he was looking to go back to his homeland some time ago.

Back to the "Terminated contract" scenario. Why does this happen so often? Is it that hard to get a transfer fee? Even 100k for supposedly the Czech leagues 2nd top scorer?

What the hell is going on with this club.  It''s all very well and good getting shot of players you don''t need, but bringing no one in to replace them is ludicrous IMHO.  We had a small squad before and now it''s smaller still.

So either GR has been told to get rid by the board before getting new players in, or he has a few suprises up his sleeve [:O]