Sign in to follow this  
CID

Brown to Preston - £400k

Apparently bought for £275,000 so thats a great piece of business. So with Joe Lewis ££ another £800k in the kitty. Sorry to see Joe Lewis go, but as he wasn''t playing and we need all the ££ we can get for guys to play weekly I''d rather have the ££ than the player.

We now need Iliev, Taylor, a midfielder and a couple of new strikers who between them can bag a minimum of 15 goals each a season, and ideally 40 plus for the 2 of them.

this news and profit has made my January - he was not up to the standard. No team will ever threaten the top 6 in the championship with that guy as striker - and thats the aim.

"Preston fans will be hoping our new number 9 can live up to the reputation of the hallowed shirt he now inherits."

Very good piece of business I say, we''ve made a transfer fee profit on a player who''d only scored one solitary goal for us! Never really saw him play in the flesh, as it were, so never formed much of an opinion on him since he made so little impact.Now, let''s add this to the transfer kitty..

there garenteed to finish in the bottom three now then, if he starts every game that is, him and curo are the most frustrating players to watch!!

The fact that we made a £200,000+ profit astounds me! Brown doesnt score for Sunderland, gets move to Norwich. Scores 1....which means he goes UP in value!?

Good profit, now lets get some class in

[quote user="Polar1990"]lets all laugh at preston!
[/quote]

Or at us if he finds the cows backside with his banjo.

Just confirms that  January is a good time to sell but not such a good time to buy. £400k for a striker with his hit rate, clubs are under pressure from their fans to bring in new players, particulary at Preston at the moment, what a total waste of money and what a sales job for us. It gives Glen the chance to get rid of Grants rubbish, make a profit and hopefully get in somebody decent. I think you`d call it "a sting".   

Maybe Preston can see some potential in the lad and will find a way to get the best out of him. You don''t pay £400,000 for no good reason. I don''t remember Brown ever receiving the best service when he played for us; in fact, how often do any of our strikers get good service? Use the wings properly and ping in plenty of decent crosses, and he might just make a good connection with one or two of them. I long for the day when we buy a player on the cheap and then bring about some considerable improvement in them. We normally pay top dollar for players and then sit back and watch their gradual deterioration in standard.

It is! Garry Neville scored for Man UTD Reserves last night!

I liked that chant by someone as well, Lets all laugh at preston dadadadada!

congrats to the board and roedy - great piece of business.  obviously irvine feels he can get big chris going - as grant said when signing him, he''s raw and has potential - but until he has beefed up enough to dominate and turn defenders, he is a blunt instrument, cos he lacks quick reactions - he''ll never be a ''fox in the box. ''for a big tall guy, his heading ability has been consistently poor - his flicks-ons were always to the invisible man.  i lost count of the number of times he rose, twisted his powerful neck and glanced the ball goalwards - only for it to dibble past the post, or over the bar.  he''s a trier, and will work all day - i hope for his sake he or irvine can find a way to put all the components of his game together to help the boy score goals - thats his bread and butter.  best wait til next year chris - when we''re safe from the drop.

[quote user="JoelMurphy"]the annoying thing is that we still made a loss on him with wages. The preston site are trying to make him look good by not mentioning the scoring record and have decided he cost us £325k[/quote]All the stories at the time he signed said it was a £325k deal, so if the official (City) site is now saying it is £50k less, then I''d think there must have been additional clauses (e.g. appearances, goals) have not been met.So is the £400k deal actually £400k for the transfer alone, or something less for transfer plus potential bonuses? (e.g. he scores more than one goal for PNE)

No wouldn''t it be ironic, if he scored a hat full of goals for them, kept them up and sent us down, I shudder to think anout it. Come on Brown, score none and send them down.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I think I''ll Hex Preston..................after this, they bloody well deserve it![:D][/quote]We assumed you''d already done that Wiz, the "Brown for 400k" Hex must have used every drop of magic in the tank!!

I don''t think we have to worry about him turning good and scoring goals. He''s that bad he''s really gonna have to improve to be able to score any goals.