Sign in to follow this  
Smeg

FireSale at Luton

Edwards looked good its a shame he''s gone to Wolves.

I''d take David Bell, he looked a decent, tricky player. I''ve always liked Matt Spring but hes perhasps to similar to what we have, but sign up Bell i say!

[quote user="HUDDY "]

I''d take David Bell, he looked a decent, tricky player. I''ve always liked Matt Spring but hes perhasps to similar to what we have, but sign up Bell i say!

[/quote]

bell i like look off to be fair, i dont know much bout this edwards chap is he any good mate? 675k bit steep when you think they begging for money at the moment. i always liked look of coyne as well.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

Matt Spring was on the verge of signing for Grant, then at the last minute reneged to join Luton... unlikely NCFC would want to bother with him again as he strung us along and then burnt our fingers.  To mix my cliched metaphors.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

Matt Spring was on the verge of signing for Grant, then at the last minute reneged to join Luton... unlikely NCFC would want to bother with him again as he strung us along and then burnt our fingers.  To mix my cliched metaphors.

[/quote]

yep... good choice matt[Y] hows your team going now ...

[quote user="Fellas"]I always liked chris coyne. I hoped we''d get him in the summer.
[/quote]

I''m thrilled that Colchester have got him and also Ifil from Spurs.  We are not a hopeless side but our defence has cost us dear this season and left us where we are. 

I think Coyne is the man to pull our defence together and take charge of it.  I wouldn''t be surprised to see him get the captaincy.  Ifil is a sound full back - something we have also needed desperately this season.

I do feel sorry for the Luton fans - all their best players have shipped out even with the Liverpool replay coming up.  I am sure they feel gutted - some sad things on their message boards.  I hope they get their club sorted out soon. 

Hopefully we can now go forward and stay in the Championship.  Your signings look pretty good so far. 

Spring, I''m sure, he was the player who''s wife did not want to move here, so he decided to go and play for Luton, mmmm. Do we want him here.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote][:D]

not just this season they moved on last season they sold likes of curtis davies, carlos edwards and rowan vine

im sure they kept there squad together they would be in our league easy

what ever happend to luton? is it there stadium? i heard they was building it! but surely not know given their money situation!

i expect them to be in league 2 next year

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/7181317.stm

poor old hatters, reminds me of when we lost Jon Newsome and Ashley Ward

now to find another ashley ward (£350k for the then top scorer in country!)

[/quote]

Ashley Ward was a useless plodder... Scored a few goals for us but got worse and worse with every game he played... He did nothing in the rest of his career after leaving us... i didnt like Ward at all! by the time he left the goals had dried up, his hold up play had gone.. and he spent matches plodding up and down hoping the ball would come to him

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Ashley Ward was a useless plodder... Scored a few goals for us but got worse and worse with every game he played... He did nothing in the rest of his career after leaving us... i didnt like Ward at all! by the time he left the goals had dried up, his hold up play had gone.. and he spent matches plodding up and down hoping the ball would come to him

jas :)

[/quote]

As I remember Ashley Ward helped gut team after team who signed him relegated.