Sign in to follow this  
Eadies Right Foot

Iliev/Taylor

I might just be being cynical but does anyone else think we were never going to sign Iliev? As previously said in another post, Roeder must have realised that he wouldnt be likely to get a work permit. Plus Roeder said on Strihavka leaving, "It''s disapointing that it hasn''t worked out but it''s always a gamble when signing players from abroad". Surely it would make more sense to sign Taylor, given he has already demonstrated he can do a job.

I wouldnt be suprised if the club were just trying to send out a message to Karen Brady that we are prepared to look elsewhere and not about to up our offer for Taylor. Given the fact QPR are no longer in the race to sign him, are we trying to scare them into selling for £750,000?

Any thoughts? Interesting to note Birmingham have put Taylor back into the squad for this weekend...

I''ve been thinking exactly the same myself ever since the Iliev situation arose!

Surely the club would of known he wouldn''t get a work permit from the beginning?

After the failings of the Strihavka this would of been way too much of a gamble to take.

I''ve watched Birmingham recently and wondered why Taylor couldn''t get into their team cause the back line looked very weak!

Hopefully we cam still sign Taylor!