Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

Anybody else getting a bit worried?

a stitch in time saves nineget rid of the driftwood now means that we can save up on wages and move onto possible targets that maybe werent financially viable before wage wise...20 days left yet

I just hope that we have players lined up waiting to sign, otherwise with a very small squad its going to be a very stressful time during this transfer window.

[quote user="gfresh"]

The people who should be most worried should be Martin and Jarvis. Wouldn''t be surprised to see Lappin and the other Scottish guy (Murray?) having their own headline later today! Looks like GR is having a very early Spring clean.

Shows the quality of signings made by Grant.....

[/quote]This is my thought, as much as it is a removal of dead wood, it''s also a statement to those still at the club... "perform or be removed"

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

I think its great. No point having guys around who aren''t putting the effort in and not going to figure in his plans. He needs a squad all pulling in the same direction. Good firm hand and decisive positive action.

In 11 days we''ve had

Brown gone

Strihavka gone

Brellier gone

Evans back

Pattison signed full time

Camara extended

Lewis gone

At that rate we can expect almost another 14 announcements between now and the end of Jan (!!) and so far none of GR''s signings look like duffers. He''s a busy bee is our manager. Maybe he can work miracles and get Chadwick fit soon as well.

[/quote]

Aren''t you forgetting someone?

And he could be very good indeed ............

With the exception of Matty Patty, who was already here, weve bought no one and as it stands the rumours have all but dried up. The Iliev deal has collapsed because of a work permit and the Taylor situation has died a death. Theres no news on any other fronts and i for one am a bit dissapointed. I dont see the month loan of Evans as particularly exciting, the guy has scored 2 goals in 9 matches, and for me its Dublin/Cureton to start everyday.Ryan Bertrand also is a loan and not spectacular either. We need signings and we need them now, we need a centre back and a top striker, we did it before with Ashton and Earnshaw, its time for that level of investment now, we still have an outside chance of the playoffs, but if we buy no one were looking at relegation scrap to mid table. Why is it loads of other teams have signed players, yet there''s tumble weeds blowing across the Carrow Road gates with the lack of transfer activity.Nothing new i suppose.

clearing the decks looks a good move by roedy - but we need 3-4 quality bodies in, and soon - there''s alot of games coming up and shacks is out for at least barnsley.  dion is shocking in defence this season.  we don''t need to go on losing run now.

I agree selling Chris Brown for 400k is a shrewd piece of business. GR gave him a chance to impress (that’s more than can be said about Strahavka) and clearly didn''t like what Brown had to offer. The sale of Joe Lewis could also prove a worthwhile piece of business providing the money is invested back into the team.

Lets face facts as much as a fantastic job GR has done to get us out of the bottom three we are still  in a precarious position. This January could prove one of the most significant months in NCFC history for a very long time and what happens on the pitch could prove to be just as important as to what happens off it. The Joe Lewis sale could bite us on the arse when next season when Norwich Vs Peterborough is a local derby and Lewis just happens to play a blinder!

I certainly don''t want to paint a picture of doom and gloom and I''m obviously thrilled to be out of the bottom three I for one thought it was a big ask to be out of it at this stage in the season. I will continue to back  GR and the team 100% as I genuinely feel that we have a management team (question marks over the board though) that can deliver us premier league football providing the board go against the current trend and give GR time and a little bit of financial support.

However, getting back to the point about being worried yes my concerns after grown particularly after the few days. Having released two players in Brellier and Strahavka and the sale of Lewis and Brown leaves us with a thread bare squad which is probably lacking in my opinion 7-8 squad players which could force themselves into the starting XI (2 CB, 1 target man, 1 fox in the box, a creative midfielder, LM and RB) would all be nice if not at all realistic.

I also have question marks over our interest in Iliev - Why invite a player to train with the squad if it''s impossible to sign him due to permit restrictions? Surely him being there must have a negative effect on Shackell and Docherty as it''s one of the central births he would surely walk straight into? This makes me wonder whether the whole permit issue is one giant smoke screen? Why on earth would GR a manager we have come to know and trust in a very short space of time make such a huge miscalculation - Feel free to correct me if I’m being short sighted here? Why release Strhavka and Brellier now and not at the end of the transfer window - they would have been free agents to join any club regardless of when they were realised, right??

It is for this reason I am confident if not a little concerned until we see some more incoming transfer activity that come the end of the month that we will see 3/4 of the 7/8 players that we are lacking whether they are permanent signings or loan signings doesn''t matter to me at this moment in time.

Any one else worried? Yes - but for once in what seems like a very long time quietly optimistic