Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

Anybody else getting a bit worried?

I believe that selling Joe Lewis and Chris Brown and releasing Dave (Non)Striker can be viewed as sensible and pragmatic decisions.

However, the breathless relief in announcing Ched''s return until 26th Feb (can be recalled after 6th feb), Allardyce going meaning no chance of Ameobi, if there ever was, now no Illiev, no official talk of Taylor means that most of the solid rumours have now been proved correct or redundant.

Is anyone else concerned that we currently are no closer to improving our 2 main areas of concern namely centre back and goalscorer, in fact in terms of bodies we are lighter than ever. I realise we have bought Matty Patti, and I fully support Roeder in what he is trying to do, I am just starting to fear that the money available to him and other clubs strong commitment to survive through buying big will end up leaving us with a new version of Worthy''s ''going with what we''ve got'' siuation.

I know it''s only the 11th January but I never want to see the Doc up front again unless we are 6 up against Ipswich and he fancies scoring the 7th.

OTBC

as just said in another post, plenty time left in window worry in 2weeks time if no one signed up or not enough quality players coming in. i myself think you need a proven goalscorer at the moment. bit of experience i know cureton in up front so maybe young legs on bench but you need a PROVEN goal scorer at this level

Yep, got to agree. Coming up to the Barnsley game, GR now has 3 players LESS to choose from than at the Palace game[:O]. I hope he has irons in the fire, but so many things can go wrong at the last minute ( fat Sam getting the sack!), that I can''t help getting very nervous.

This sorry state of affairs is all too familiar...................and predictable!.

I''m feeling let down and worried.....................again![:(]

I find myself feeling strangely confident.  I''m loving GR''s firm approach to dead wood - he is a breath of fresh air.  He is moving swiftly and assuredly and so far I completely trust his judgement.  If we haven''t added 3 names before the window closes I may feel less confident but I''m expecting new faces in the team and a really interesting squad by the time PNE arrive on 2nd Feb.

August 64

its risky replacing players if we dont have replacements... what if Barnsley Injure 3 players on Saturday?

Will we then be Re-signing Brellier and Dave to cover the shortfall?

dangerous game Mr Roeder.. hope u know what ur doing!

jas :)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

This sorry state of affairs is all too familiar...................and predictable!.

[/quote]

I don''t think you need to feel worried yet.  All the players who have gone have played little or no part in any of Glen Roeders squads.  Releasing these muppets frees up the wage bill and creates spaces for others to come in.  Start worrying on Jan 30th.

In all fairness though, this season has gone anyway and I think we have shown enough quality in the last couple of months to stop worrying about the drop.  Would like the replacements in this month though so the squad and players can gel, that way we can hit the ground running next season.

Trust Glen Roeder, I do (at the moment at least!!) 

[quote user="August 64"]

I find myself feeling strangely confident.  I''m loving GR''s firm approach to dead wood - he is a breath of fresh air.  He is moving swiftly and assuredly and so far I completely trust his judgement.  If we haven''t added 3 names before the window closes I may feel less confident but I''m expecting new faces in the team and a really interesting squad by the time PNE arrive on 2nd Feb.

August 64

[/quote]

Not sure why, but I feel confident too. It''s seems a lifetime since the club were this assertive, surely that can only be a good thing. GR must have other deals almost complete, and I think we might be pleasantly surprised by the end of the month.

For gods sake get your chin off the floor man.  Roeder has done everything right so far.  He obviously has targets and now the cash and wages to act....

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I''m feeling let down and worried.....................again!Sad [:(]

Did you hex Glenn by mistake ?  No, then fear ye not

Before January we were all calling out for the squad to be culled, and 2 names most often mentioned were Brellier and Dave Striker, so this is what everyone was asking for. The squad is 4 men lighter now, but none of these players were really close to the first team, Brown is the only player to feature more than once since GR turned up.Of course we would of wanted to get a fee for these players, but as they weren''t getting games that was always going to be difficult. And the 800k we have managed to get for Lewis and Brown is more than I would of expected to get for all those players put together to be honest.I am fairly sure replacments will come in, on loan or signings, but most of the transfer window activity always happens in the last week, clubs start to become more desperate to sell and fees will drop down a bit. All is not lost, keep the faith and stop moaning for the pure joy of it. Some fans will never be happy I guess.....

The people who should be most worried should be Martin and Jarvis. Wouldn''t be surprised to see Lappin and the other Scottish guy (Murray?) having their own headline later today! Looks like GR is having a very early Spring clean.

Shows the quality of signings made by Grant.....

I agree with the opinion that Roeder must have some pretty close to certain deals about to go through, otherwise he would not be weakening the squad this much, even if they are players he doesn''t particularly want.

I have faith, hopefully that faith will be justified!!

I too am feeling fairly confident, no chance any of released players would have been in the squad, and he must have replacements lined up.

The only thing i find strange is the Iliev scenario, Roeder hs just stated it`s unlikely we are to sign him due to problems with a work permit, surely this should have been enquired / investigated before he was brought in for a trial. Also seems less likely we will get Taylor now he has been recalled into Birmingham squad.

I agree. GR is a clever man, I don''t think he would let 4 players go if he didn''t have some backing and new players in mind

Lets wait and see I guess

[quote user="August 64"]

August 64

[/quote]

Here Here.

Totally agree with this sentiment. Plenty of time till end of window. Roeder for me is the best manager in this leauge and doing wonders for this club. Anyone who can sell Brown at a profit has to be some kind of footballing magician. He''s got rid of all the players he didn''t need, so he can look at the revised team and start to fil in the gaps with quality..... Fingers crossed we get Martin Taylor. (Iliev might have also been a bit of a Strihavka type risk, so not bothered that it looks to have fallen through)

I love the Roedster!

I think its great. No point having guys around who aren''t putting the effort in and not going to figure in his plans. He needs a squad all pulling in the same direction. Good firm hand and decisive positive action.

In 11 days we''ve had

Brown gone

Strihavka gone

Brellier gone

Evans back

Pattison signed full time

Camara extended

Lewis gone

At that rate we can expect almost another 14 announcements between now and the end of Jan (!!) and so far none of GR''s signings look like duffers. He''s a busy bee is our manager. Maybe he can work miracles and get Chadwick fit soon as well.

to be fair i dont think Lappins a bad player... in the right team he could do well... when on form and in good confidence i think he''s a very good player.. not worked out for him sadly and looks to be off

jas :)

Worthy showed the quality of signings made by Hamilton. Grant showed quality of signings made by Worthy. Roeder shows quality of signings made by Grant. Just feel have been here before. Most fans were praising Grants signings at the time. Strihavka the leading Czech striker. Lappin, who played well when he arrived. Otsemobar is still OK. Cureton the top scorer in Championship last season. Chadwick star against Ipswich in his first game.

Only permanent signing so far is Pattison. Lots of good ones to come I hope.

Supported Norwich all my life but live in Peterborough they are all over the moon here why did they let him go BIG MISTAKE 

WITH THE GRANT PLAYERS BEING CLEARED OUT SLOWLY CAN WE BE ASSURED THAT ALL THOSE WHO PLAYED A PART IN GETTING THEM HERE ARE NO LONGER BEING PAID BY OUR CLUB.  SO MUCH FOR OUR SCOUTING AND CONTACT CAPABILITIES. 

I''m not worried at all at the moment.  I think this is real exciting times at Carrow Road at the moment, Roeder is getting rid of all the cr@p we''ve got and at the same time sending a message to the current players still in the squad that if you don''t perform and don''t do what your paid to do then you can go.....simple!! 

I trust that Roeder has got new players lined up and is confident of getting the right ones in to the club.  If we get to the last week of January and we still haven''t signed some quality players, ideally a centre back and striker then i will start to get worried but not until then as i have faith in the job that Roeder is doing at our club

[quote user="tribes"]

Worthy showed the quality of signings made by Hamilton. Grant showed quality of signings made by Worthy. Roeder shows quality of signings made by Grant. Just feel have been here before. Most fans were praising Grants signings at the time. Strihavka the leading Czech striker. Lappin, who played well when he arrived. Otsemobar is still OK. Cureton the top scorer in Championship last season. Chadwick star against Ipswich in his first game.

Only permanent signing so far is Pattison. Lots of good ones to come I hope.

[/quote]

Too true. If you pay peanuts.......