Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

peter crouch fee is too much

I know this is going cause a bit of stir but unless the fee goes down considerable it would not be a clever idea in paying 2m for one player. Allthough we do not know exactly how much cash nigel has for transfer fees, we can assume its around 5m. So nigel has to think very hard before spending 2 on one player. We can assume nigel wants a futher 5 in at least. I think are resources would be better used to get 5 quality players for 5 million than two being blown on one player, meaning we won''t be able to get as high quality in other positions.

Then we have to decide is crouch really worth it, I won''t answer that question but will say that its quite a risk spending that kind of money. I suspect Crouch may well be here next season becauce villa need to sell, but he won''t be on his way unless the price tag comes under a million. This isn''t a negative post just a relistic one.

JIMBO

I agree in principle, but how easy is it going to be to find 5 players of proven premiership ability who suit Norwich''s playing style. At least we know Crouch would fit in with the way Norwich play and would score goals for us.

Black shuk.............. why look for " proven prem players " ? ........... Chelskie is full of `em ............. didn`t win them anything did it ? .................... don`t forget that most prem clubs scout for fresh blood from the lower divs....... even from nonleague clubs and amateur outfits .............. the history of football repeatedly shows that a good scout is as important as a good manager !! ................ a case in point was the Clough / Taylor partnership of Forest in the 70s .......... Clough was a good man manager ......... but it was Taylors shrewd assessment when he scouted that was the REAL reason why that team succeeded so emphatically ......... our chances of picking up any " bargains " in the prem are, to say the least , slim ! what prem manager in his right mind wants to flog his best players ? [ Keegans is the exception that proves the rule ] ...... so yes ! ......... search for "proven " prem players .....and end up with the costly rejects !! ......