Sign in to follow this  
canaries

ncfc

what is going at norwich first we sell players without replacements then doncaster tells us our signings we pay not as much as first thought then our finance director leaves whats going on probelem is doncaster still here.

[quote user="canaries"]what is going at norwich first we sell players without replacements then doncaster tells us our signings we pay not as much as first thought then our finance director leaves whats going on probelem is doncaster still here.[/quote]

to be fair i think replacements are imminent, just clearing players of the wage bill. cant imagine a man of roeders experience would let so many players go within a couple of days, without anyone coming in shortly.

in terms of Shaun O''Hara, official website is saying he is leaving to take up a new job at Redox Biofuels. not sure it is something Doncaster can be blamed for, despite it being fashionable on here to do so.

I can''t really see a problem: so far GR has not got rid of one player who had anything more than a bit-part role since he came here, so we will certainly not miss them in the short term - for example, none would have been in today''s squad.  The offloading of players first does give the advantage that their leaving will undoubtedly add to whatever transfer pot already existed (ie transfer fees in, salaries/fees etc saved) for replacements.  Clearly we need replacements, but I don''t believe for one moment that Roeder would shelve players without having them in the pipeline (eg there was a link with Armstrong of Sheff U).

I hadn''t realised that O''hara had left but that is a role which is on the admin side, absolutely nothing to do with the football: people come and go in such roles all the time and there''s absolutely no reason why it should be any different at NCFC - he''d been at the club since 2000 and going on for 8 years isn''t a bad stint in what is ostensibly an office job.