Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Work Permits? What! Why?

Hi all

What is all this rubish about a work permit for the Bulgaria International we are looking at?

How come Polish and other nations workers can easly work in this country, bricklayering, building, decorating etc etc, and yet we can''t get a work permit for a International Footballer.

Surely his Tax he will be paying on his weekly salary to the good old Brit Gov would justify his work permit.

I don''t really understand this work permit rubbish, its a genuine case of ''I want to pay your taxes and live in your country while I play for NCFC'' then why not?

This isn''t the same as the Watford case, as he was claiming asylam, to be a British citizen.

Have I got this all wrong or is this GOV and countries policies a complete joke!

Cheers All.

I am inclined to agree with you, our glorious country allows millions of poles in, the majority of which are not paying taxes but still claiming some form of benefit, they work for cash in hand, and we cannot get one International player in!

The worlds gone mad!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

our glorious country allows millions of poles in, the majority of which are not paying taxes but still claiming some form of benefit, they work for cash in hand

[/quote]

Bring out your bigots!

Have you and Arthur been introduced?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

our glorious country allows millions of poles in, the majority of which are not paying taxes but still claiming some form of benefit, they work for cash in hand

[/quote]

Bring out your bigots!

Have you and Arthur been introduced?

[/quote]

Sorry, where I live there are more Poles than there are in Warsaw!

There has been over 20 polski skleps (polish grocery shops) opened in the last 6 months! and thats in a four mile radius.

I wish that were true, but in reality most of the shops are run by Asians who know a good business opportunity when they see one!

if hes an international, then hes good enough, this work permit thing is stupid.

If anyone out there knows why this work permit thing is such an issue please let me know.

cheers

[quote user="treacletown07"]Maybe Iliev wasnt as good as first thought when GR saw him close up in training and this work permit issue is a polite "Thanks but no thanks" ?[/quote]

heh GR is enough brave to make huck bench player and to clean 4-5 freezed players and is not brave to say to unknown Bulgarian player in the face that is not good enough?

I not belive that scenario with visa is because Iliev is bad.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I wish that were true, but in reality most of the shops are run by Asians who know a good business opportunity when they see one![/quote]Sorry, for a minute there I had you down as someone who believes in racial stereotypes.

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

if your country arnt in the e.u you need to have a work permit.

poland are in the e.u so they dont.

[/quote]

That may explain a lot, cheers

Does beg the question why we''re giving a trail to someone in the first place when they''ve got no chance of satisfying the work permit requirements? Does no-one at Carrow Road do any due diligence on such matters?

[:@]

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

if hes an international, then hes good enough, this work permit thing is stupid.

If anyone out there knows why this work permit thing is such an issue please let me know.

cheers

[/quote]

"Work permits will be issued to international players of the highest calibre who are able to make a significant contribution in footballing terms to the development of the UK game at the highest level (i.e. clubs competing in the Premier Leagues and Football Leagues in England and Scotland, the Welsh Premier League and The Irish Premier League in Northern Ireland).

To be eligible for a work permit:

• A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive ‘A’ team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and,

• The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application. "

If the player if from an EU country it''s not a problem as a permit will be gr, although there is some sort of odd exception at the minute with Bulgaria and Romania.

With regards to Iliev, whilst Bulgaria certainly meet criteria point 2 as they are currently ranked 18th in the world by FIFA, he personally has not played in 75% of their games, hence why an application would likely be turned down.

Makes you wonder whether anyone actually reads the other topics in this Forum does it not? It has been stated many times over that Romania and Bulgaria are special cases as they were the last to join the EU and existing EU members did not wish to be swamped with workers from these countries (after vastly underestimating the amount of Polish citizens (for example) who wanted to come and work here). The rules were set in place for every worker which unfortunately (for us) includes footballers.

I saw an interview with GR and he says he was told by someone outside the club (the agent I am guessing) that a work permit would be no problem. However, after Norwich carried out their own investigation, they were told it would be unlikely. Something about having to play in 9 of Bulgaria''s last 11 games (not including friendlies).I don''t think it would of cost Norwich a huge amount of money to have him on trail, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that.

I saw an interview with GR and he says he was told by someone outside the club (the agent I am guessing) that a work permit would be no problem. However, after Norwich carried out their own investigation, they were told it would be unlikely. Something about having to play in 9 of Bulgaria''s last 11 games (not including friendlies).I don''t think it would of cost Norwich a huge amount of money to have him on trail, but ultimately a shame we won''t be able to sign him. Norwich aren''t the only club to lose out to the work permit regulations, I remember Arsenal not being able to get a player a work permit a while back, and I doubt you could claim they don''t do their research.Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

if your country arnt in the e.u you need to have a work permit.

poland are in the e.u so they dont.

[/quote]Bulgaria are also in the EU.However, the UK have reluctantly followed the lead of the other main EU players by disobeying EU regulations and not accepting the free movement of people between countries (despite the fact us lot can and do go over to Bulgaria in large numbers)This is because last time we abided by those ideas, when Poland joined the EU, your France and Germanies etc clamped down on migration laws then, meaning we were the only large EU country to have no limitations on in-migration, and as such ended up with a lot more Poles in this country than predicted. It''s a pity the attitudes of other countries means we have to introduce limitations too.