Sign in to follow this  
Brum Uni Canary

Chelsea players

Now that Mourinho has been confirmed as the next Chelsea manager, his opening statement said that he wanted to work with a small squad of 21 outfield players. This will mean a cull of about 18 outfield players. Chelski don''t need any more money, and could maybe make a few charity cases. I''m not very familiar with the Chelsea squad, but there must be 1 player who wants to stay in the Premiership either on a permanent move or season long loan.

Has anyone got any (realistic) suggestions of Chelsea players who could come to Carrow Road?

What bout joe cole on loan for the season, cant c him playing much 4 chealsea this season? Maybe the young german defender rob huth? looks a good prostpect and a good back up for the best partneship in the premiship fleming and mackay!

Shim182,

Very ambitious trying to get Cole on loan. I wouldn''t have thought he''d want to come to us. As for Mourinho triming the squad I would have thought he''s be shifting players like Babyaro, Grankjaer, Mutu, etc. I should think we''ll be priced out of a lot of the Chelski players leaving

I c were ur coming from DumbleDelia Is magic, but if we want to stay up and have a realistic chance of the top half we need to b ambitious, just like we were when we bought, huckerby, svensson and makenzie! Im sure some1 like cole wud like to spend a season with a team where he will get definate first team football and still be playing against top quality players!

Perhaps you''re right Shim. After all he would be guaranteed first team football here. However, I would have thought that if he went to Charlton, Spurs someone like that he''d get in their first team too. Unfortunately I couldn''t see a member of the England squad coming to a newly promoted club

I heard on the news this morning that Mourinho flew up to Manchester yesterday to meet his four players in the England squad (Terry, Bridge, Lampard and Cole), and given how he said yesterday that he''d like to bring younger players through from the reserves and youth teams, I don''t think he''ll get rid of young English talent in a hurry. I think he''ll want to keep Joe Cole - he''s more likely to try and offload highly-paid bench warmers such as Veron and Crespo.

Like the rest of you on here, I was hopeful of a cull of affordable quality players, but the more I think about it, the more I''m struggling to see anyone in our price range who fits our team work ethic.

Mourinho will keep Cole and use him like Deco at Porto. Shim''s optimism is great to see but if Crouchy isnt in our price range from Villa none of the Chelsea players are likely to be - sorry.

Carlton Cole would be a decent addition but as I have said he is unlikely to come and there will be an long queue waiting to sign him.

Of ex Chelsea players, Leon Knight, now at Brighton has had a good season but is now Div 1. They would want cash up front which may scupper the deal. How about Leon II as a prospect - anybody rate him?

Did not rate Leon at all in the Play Offs. Thought he was very light weight and he just did not perform for me and I watched all the games. The Sky commentator kept going on about him as if he was the best thing since sliced bread nearly to the point of me turning off as I just did not rate him at all. I know he got 27 goals but it was in the 2nd Division so just think what our Leon would have got if he had stayed there - probably over one thousand and I''m not exagerrating!!!!

Cheers Nav, I missed the Div2 playoffs. Whether his scoring form will be duplicated in the Premiership can only be answered with a maybe at best.

Rather have Bentley I think!

I really dont think J cole has the quality we are looking for, so i doubt he will want to come to us to warm the bench [ i cant see where he would fit in ] after all we dont want players that are no better than we allready have.

Sorry deliabemine but was your last post a wind up?? Joe Cole is one of the best English players around today. He''s a member of the England squad, pacey, extremely skillful and has a great eye for goal. I''m sure we wouldn''t turn down the oppertunity of getting him on loan if we could! He''d be magnificent down the left

Forget cole, we''re fine in the attacking third and it''s Unrealistic anyway, i have one name for you;

Glen Johnson.

The latest reports suggest right back Paulo Ferreira will be Mourinho''s first signing from Porto leaving Englands brightest up and coming full back down the pecking order, he''d add pace to the Back four and is a wonderfull attacking force, he''d be great to watch at FCR.

Am i in fantasy world?

It is very rare for me to disagree with you DD, but on this occasion I''m afraid I do. I think Cole would be brilliant in the ''left out'' position, but thats it I''m afraid. I just don''t like him, sorry my friend.

His eye for goal was sadly lacking yesterday, yes?.

The BBC website has this listed as Chelsea''s current squad (subject to change every other minute naturally). I feel wages would deter Worthy getting any of this lot on loan or otherwise. Apparently the out-of-contract Winston Bogarde has been on £40k a week for the last 4 years! Anyone remember what year he last played?

2 Glen Johnson
3 Celestine Babayaro
4 Claude Makelele
6 Marcel Desailly
7 Adrian Mutu
8 Frank Lampard
9 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
10 Joe Cole
11 Damien Duff
12 Mario Stanic
13 William Gallas
14 Njitap Geremi
15 Mario Melchiot
17 Emmanuel Petit
18 Wayne Bridge
19 Scott Parker
20 Juan Veron
21 Hernan Crespo
22 Eidur Gudjohnsen
23 Carlo Cudicini
24 Boudewijn Zenden
26 John Terry
27 Alexis Nicolas
28 Filipe Oliveira
29 Robert Huth
30 Jesper Gronkjaer
31 Marco Ambrosio
33 Joel Kitamirike
34 Neil Sullivan
35 Jurgen Macho
39 Carlton Cole
40 Lenny Pidgeley
41 Craig Rocastle
50 Yves Makaba-Makalamby
Alexei Smertin
James Simmonds
Winston Bogarde
Michael Mancienne
Mbark Boussoufa

Perhaps Wiz. He did miss a sitter yesterday to be fair. But I still think he''s an extremely talented player. Very skillful and can take players on. Surely he would add more quality than some of the options we have on the left?

Just a thought, if chelsea are thinking of loaning out there good young players i''d want scott parker back on loan again instead of joe cole, no offense to joe cole, but i just think we would be better off with scott parker. We had him on loan at the beginning of he career at charlton and made him the player he was, and I''m sure he''s a better player now.

WELL THE STATE OF THE PITCH AT THE MOMENT LETS BRING HIM ON. IF HE CAN''T PLAY ON A SURFACE LIKE THAT, WHO CAN?.

Sorry, but please can we get a bit of reality in here. There is no way that Parker, Cole (either of them!) or Johnson are going to come to Norwich. I know it is nice to dream but it just isn´t going to happen.

I think Joe Cole is an absolutely fantastic player but unfortunately the only way we''ll get him is when I''m in bed dreaming (which incidentally I did last night, we beat Arsenal 4-3 after being 3-1 down after taking an early lead. Bentley scored the 4th despite the fact he can''t play against Arsenal next season). Looking through the list of Chelsea players, I can''t see that any of them could be possibilities with an exception maybe to Glen Johnson, even that is pushing it though.